Skybound's Journal

I have the shakes, so I would need to steady my arm on something, but just wanted to demonstrate the benefits of a USB scope/smartphone combo and how we could use them to scope our buds for a much better idea of the color of trics. My face was a good 3'-4' away from every inspection. I suppose a mast could be wall mounted to hold the scope if you really wanted to get nuts, but I just wanted to make a quick demo is all.
that's the trouble with that high magnification its hard to hold still especially if you want to scan the bud ive seen it done but not sure how they accomplished it would be cool just need to dial it in!

that's the trouble with that high magnification its hard to hold still especially if you want to scan the bud ive seen it done but not sure how they accomplished it would be cool just need to dial it in!

If you need a super accurate view, then you're back to snipping off the test subject. The scopes come with a cheap stand that holds the scope a few inches above a flat plate so the scope can be used in a traditional sense. I use mine for scanning buds. I can hold it steady enough to get a general feel for how many trics are clear or cloudy to better help me determine when to harvest.

If you need a super accurate view, then you're back to snipping off the test subject. The scopes come with a cheap stand that holds the scope a few inches above a flat plate so the scope can be used in a traditional sense. I use mine for scanning buds. I can hold it steady enough to get a general feel for how many trics are clear or cloudy to better help me determine when to harvest.
I can see how that would work I take close up pics and put them on the laptop and zoom I can see everything I used to chop a little sugar leaf and use a small microscope but this way I get pics to share and I get a close look!

I can see how that would work I take close up pics and put them on the laptop and zoom I can see everything I used to chop a little sugar leaf and use a small microscope but this way I get pics to share and I get a close look!

You guys with them good cams can zoom in really close, I forgot about that. I really need to invest in a decent cam. It would be nice to have the use of an SD card again. My phone's cam may have once been good, but pocket debris changed that really F'n quick, lol!

You guys with them good cams can zoom in really close, I forgot about that. I really need to invest in a decent cam. It would be nice to have the use of an SD card again. My phone's cam may have once been good, but pocket debris changed that really F'n quick, lol!
last year I bought a carson mini microscope 12.00 bucks works real good but you need to remove a leaf but it goes from 60 -100 power and its pretty impressive for the money!

I dropped some new beans in some seed sandwiches today to get some new genetics going. 3 - Herbie Bulk Gorilla Glue (fem), 1 - Dr. Greeenthumb Em Dog (fem) and 1 - GDP Purple Dream (reg). I'm focusing on the GG's, but I've been wanting to revisit the Purple Dream for years and years, and also had the Em Dog on the "todo" list as both strains were recommended by my mentor (The Capn). I am skeptical in either their finish times, or yields, but I will run each at least once to verify. I have my nute game locked down right now so am confident that if there's anything I can do to help the process, it will be helped! I will phase out Cheese and the weaker PC, then run PC with at least 1 or two of the GG's assuming I get a decent pheno out of the 3. If the Em Dog turns out well, and if the GDP turns out to be female, it would be nice to have a 4 strain rotation between 3 bloom rooms, lol.

To repay a favor Herbies did for me some years back, I will create a new journal to showcase the Herbies Bulk Gorilla Glue, then just sneak in all of the other strains as I do here, but hopefully I will be able to bring myself to update more frequently. I admit, I find watching plants grow to be very boring, and to me, my grow, your grows, everyone's grow more or less all looks the same. It only becomes interesting for me if discussing new information, or if I'm learning something, otherwise, it's very bland.

So in a few more days, this journal will be closed and the new one launched. Hope y'all join. It will be nice to post links that 420 mods will allow, lol.

I dropped some new beans in some seed sandwiches today to get some new genetics going. 3 - Herbie Bulk Gorilla Glue (fem), 1 - Dr. Greeenthumb Em Dog (fem) and 1 - GDP Purple Dream (reg). I'm focusing on the GG's, but I've been wanting to revisit the Purple Dream for years and years, and also had the Em Dog on the "todo" list as both strains were recommended by my mentor (The Capn). I am skeptical in either their finish times, or yields, but I will run each at least once to verify. I have my nute game locked down right now so am confident that if there's anything I can do to help the process, it will be helped! I will phase out Cheese and the weaker PC, then run PC with at least 1 or two of the GG's assuming I get a decent pheno out of the 3. If the Em Dog turns out well, and if the GDP turns out to be female, it would be nice to have a 4 strain rotation between 3 bloom rooms, lol.

To repay a favor Herbies did for me some years back, I will create a new journal to showcase the Herbies Bulk Gorilla Glue, then just sneak in all of the other strains as I do here, but hopefully I will be able to bring myself to update more frequently. I admit, I find watching plants grow to be very boring, and to me, my grow, your grows, everyone's grow more or less all looks the same. It only becomes interesting for me if discussing new information, or if I'm learning something, otherwise, it's very bland.

So in a few more days, this journal will be closed and the new one launched. Hope y'all join. It will be nice to post links that 420 mods will allow, lol.
ill hang around and wait for flowers I like watching and who knows I can learn a thing or two and have some fun along the way!:)

Thanks Sticky! Hopefully with 3 new Strains and a preferred PC pheno, I can keep things semi-interesting.

Thanks Sticky! Hopefully with 3 new Strains and a preferred PC pheno, I can keep things semi-interesting.
you do just fine brother I don't grow the way you do but I still like coming here and checking it out and I pick up little bits of info here and there and it will be fun watching you grow these new strains ive grown 4 gg plants not the same as yours mine were from elev8 but the first one would have been one for you if it would have been grown your way it would have been huge so im interested in watching these grow good luck bud!

Yeah with growing weed it can get a little hard to find new shit to talk about after a while, so journals eventually end up either being a bunch of blather among 420 friends, or else finding new ways to push the envelope and stay interested, which is partly why I sometimes get the urge to grow a bunch of weird annoying strains and graft them together and whatnot.
I’ve heard good and bad things about the Gorilla Glues, but there are so many versions that maybe the name doesn’t mean much. I grew some- it looked really good, gave it to my stoner friend because I was too scared to smoke it. He said ‘wow that shit is incredible!!!’ Till he tried smoking some... PotChimp had the exact same experience.
I’d love to hear more about how things go with the PC, and people’s impressions of it. Like you I’m always looking for a kickass strain I can use as a commodity and the PC fell into that niche early on- been trying to pry it out and replace it ever since.

Yeah with growing weed it can get a little hard to find new shit to talk about after a while, so journals eventually end up either being a bunch of blather among 420 friends, or else finding new ways to push the envelope and stay interested, which is partly why I sometimes get the urge to grow a bunch of weird annoying strains and graft them together and whatnot.
I’ve heard good and bad things about the Gorilla Glues, but there are so many versions that maybe the name doesn’t mean much. I grew some- it looked really good, gave it to my stoner friend because I was too scared to smoke it. He said ‘wow that shit is incredible!!!’ Till he tried smoking some... PotChimp had the exact same experience.
I’d love to hear more about how things go with the PC, and people’s impressions of it. Like you I’m always looking for a kickass strain I can use as a commodity and the PC fell into that niche early on- been trying to pry it out and replace it ever since.
that glue sounds good to me im 67 yrs. old been smoking weed since 15 I aint never seen any smoke I was afraid to smoke so ya I would like to try some of that!:blunt:

I doubt the GG is legit. I just read a nice long writeup about it and that it was discovered by accident and almost lost into history, but basically there are 3 good phenos, #1, #4 and #5. All are a cross of known strains, so it is likely that each breeder did their best to cross those 3, though can anyone really say what the percentage of each was in the original GG? I doubt it. Either way, I'm known by my people to be a one strain guy and I need to change that and provide more options as my peeps get impatient quick and I can't take the chance of phone traffic slowing, lol. I was fortunate enough to have found 2 phenos from the 2 PC beans I popped. The first "thick stem" pheno is a keeper and everyone raved about it and said they like it much more than the Triple Cheese. It also yielded very well despite my noticing a minor K deficiency. The 2nd "thin branch" pheno I fucking hate. I just chopped her 2 days ago and only got 6 hangers full, so I anticipate at least an ounce less. She was a pain in the ass all throughout the grow, but being the one strain guy I am, I have no choice but to do another round with her to give me time to veg up some thick stem PCs. I also had to do another round of Cheese to get by. Both Cheese and thin stem PC are in their last round right now. My future is definitely filled with Thick Stem PC, GG, and hopefully either Em Dog or Purple Dreams will give me a keeper. I personally think I'd like the smoke of the Purple, but who knows? I'll try them all and see what I can groove with.

The ‘thin branch’ pheno must be what I’ve been growing. At any rate it’s absolutely horrible to grow, and everyone loves the smoke.
the one I grew was a thick branch pheno golf ball buds very tasty!

I have thin branch hanging now, so I'll know in about a week if the peeps love it as much as the thick branch, but both seemed to stack up pretty well. Thick branch stacked up better due to being kept apart and having better air flow and more light all around. I wish the Cheese was a little more pronounced in them though. That shit stacks very well, to the point that I suspect there's some Big Bud mixed in there, but having more branches made up for the thinner colas. Also, be mindful that I'm making little tweaks to the feed in hopes of getting more/better in the return. I bumped the K up another 10-15% and Sulfur up 40%. I still might want to tweak the N and P, but I'll wait a couple months to see the results of the K & S tweaks.

I have thin branch hanging now, so I'll know in about a week if the peeps love it as much as the thick branch, but both seemed to stack up pretty well. Thick branch stacked up better due to being kept apart and having better air flow and more light all around. I wish the Cheese was a little more pronounced in them though. That shit stacks very well, to the point that I suspect there's some Big Bud mixed in there, but having more branches made up for the thinner colas. Also, be mindful that I'm making little tweaks to the feed in hopes of getting more/better in the return. I bumped the K up another 10-15% and Sulfur up 40%. I still might want to tweak the N and P, but I'll wait a couple months to see the results of the K & S tweaks.
I do comparisons with my son when he grows clones from me then I have an actual taste test of the same plant grown two ways potency wise I his could have a slight advantage taste wise well he likes the taste of mine better I sure would like to do that with your grow but that's not going to happen btw I told him about you he said he was going to check your stuff out I haven't talked to him for a bit so idk!

I do comparisons with my son when he grows clones from me then I have an actual taste test of the same plant grown two ways potency wise I his could have a slight advantage taste wise well he likes the taste of mine better I sure would like to do that with your grow but that's not going to happen btw I told him about you he said he was going to check your stuff out I haven't talked to him for a bit so idk!

Assuming he has RO, and a scale that graduates to 0.00, my whole lineup before shipping is $160 and that will last me a decade or so. That said, if your son is willing to, I can walk him through any questions or other advise on how to tweak the feed to account for what visual queues he sees in the plant language. Then you and he can do the side by side as you're now doing. I'm still learning plant language myself and ever little leaf discoloration I see, I am referencing this chart, as well as hitting up the search engines on many forums looking for the widest consensus to make an educated guess on how to tweak the feed, but I am fairly well advanced in the nutrient dept. Yourself having more years than I, and likely growing for longer as well, I presume you are competent at reading plant language and would then be able to coach your boy and help him tweak his feed to suit, which in turn can then be shared back to me and help me out as I have nobody I will let into my grow aside from peeps on the web.

As is now though, I aim to get through a grow with a perfect shade of green and zero discolorations. I am very close, but still a bit of a ways to go. Honestly speaking, by the end of bloom, my leaves are a tad too dark green for my liking, plus I still see half purpled petioles that I suspect is P related. After I chase out those 2 very minor concerns, I believe I will be 100% spot on.

I just did a Em Dog that hermied on me. I don't know if it was 'really' touchy because I do visit my flower room after lights off.. I use a green light of course, and others didn't hermie? Something I have noticed over the years,, fem seeds do have that hermie trait in them more so than regular seeds. But I have seen people do well in the past with it.

I myself don't have any faith in names or parenting claims. There is only three kinds of pot. Bad, better, and good.

The hard part is making sure you took a cut incase it's the good pot...... I've seen so many pheno outta the same bag of seed, that you can never be sure one can find the same again.

Just driving thru and hoping good things for ya.. GL and Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom