Skybound's Journal

The bits of gold I'm able to get from reading up on brix is to be careful with the nitrates which is what our N is, so I've just reduced that by 5 PPM, am also marginally increasing Ca from my previous of 100ppm, now to 110-105. Also, K is mentioned a lot in the reading, plus relating to the other forms of tissue analysis, wine and beer makers also test their potassium levels, so mostly N, K and Ca, at least in the brix pages I'm looking at.
im gathering that to about the n seems if we can figure out just what the plant needs and cut that back just a hair to where there just ever so slightly def that could bring the brix up some imo!

Theres a nice Pineapple Chunk pheno.
Week 3 of flower under 315w CMH x 2
I usually get more Sativa in her from the pineapple, larger leaf, thinner.
Yields good, but I wanted this more Indica pheno with the wider, smaller leaves...more skunk and cheese instead of the pineapple.
Hoping it will yield well.

Nice work with your nute mixing.

That one looks a lot like my new PC that I’m flowering for the first time. I can only hope it’s anywhere near as good as the old one I’ve been growing forever. It looks very different.

New PC on left, old PC on the right.

That one looks a lot like my new PC that I’m flowering for the first time. I can only hope it’s anywhere near as good as the old one I’ve been growing forever. It looks very different.

New PC on left, old PC on the right.
ive got a pc going its still small but the leaves look very similar to your old one there!

Yields good, but I wanted this more Indica pheno with the wider, smaller leaves...more skunk and cheese instead of the pineapple.

that's a nice plant that pot looks small what size is that?

@Weaselcracker suspects he also has a thin branch, but would you mind posting some pics so we can compare? Generally though, thin stems is leggy, taller and grows faster. Thick stems grows slower and shorter, but stacks way better and I'm fairly sure yields better.
Sorry thats why I posted pic in first place, was reading your journal mate.... Lol

Looks like we are neck and neck Lowryder.
Just mid Week 4 now, I think you got the same pheno as mine.
Keep your older one, thats lovely.....soooo pineapple.
I decided to go more Indica strains,this grow.

that's a nice plant that pot looks small what size is that?
Huge 9 litre bucket.... Hahaha. Whats that....2 gallon?
I will top them off, probably 8 litres right now.
In 20Litres or 4 gallon, .... I would not have a grow tent, just a mess.
Thats 4 week veg from seed crack.

im gathering that to about the n seems if we can figure out just what the plant needs and cut that back just a hair to where there just ever so slightly def that could bring the brix up some imo!

That's kinda how I started out, all the levels on the lower side of safe. This is what I dug out of some old heads on RIU who use individual salts in hydro. I gradually have been increasing things, but learned I likely went slightly too far with the N. I was warned about going too low with the N in bloom, so didn't want to kill any vigor or anything. Brix studies specifically harps on nitrates, and how much carbs have to be burned off to process the extra nitrates, or something like that. When I get that PH meter, I believe I will have much more insight into elemental placement, depending on what the sap PH is.

That is a gorgeous PC you got Lowrider!!! Holy shit man, well done!!! She looks just like my thick stem pheno I love so much. Short, sturdy, small fat leaves, she doesn't smell dank until week 2 of her cure, lol. I have the PITA Sativa PC too. IDK which sides are preferable, though finishing up a Triple Cheese currently, I would think those characteristics to be desired. The Cheese builds colas very well, super smelly and sweet and yields great, I xpect about 18-19 zips in a week from her, 70% of that from colas.

I think WeaselCracker now has this pheno too, so much easier to grow, though not as vigorous as the sativa pheno.

That's kinda how I started out, all the levels on the lower side of safe. This is what I dug out of some old heads on RIU who use individual salts in hydro. I gradually have been increasing things, but learned I likely went slightly too far with the N. I was warned about going too low with the N in bloom, so didn't want to kill any vigor or anything. Brix studies specifically harps on nitrates, and how much carbs have to be burned off to process the extra nitrates, or something like that. When I get that PH meter, I believe I will have much more insight into elemental placement, depending on what the sap PH is.

That is a gorgeous PC you got Lowrider!!! Holy shit man, well done!!! She looks just like my thick stem pheno I love so much. Short, sturdy, small fat leaves, she doesn't smell dank until week 2 of her cure, lol. I have the PITA Sativa PC too. IDK which sides are preferable, though finishing up a Triple Cheese currently, I would think those characteristics to be desired. The Cheese builds colas very well, super smelly and sweet and yields great, I xpect about 18-19 zips in a week from her, 70% of that from colas.

I think WeaselCracker now has this pheno too, so much easier to grow, though not as vigorous as the sativa pheno.
Cheers mate! Have yielded big off the Sativa pheno, massive colas under hps.
Like you though I have battled to control it at times. Hahaha.
Im just trying cmh out, so still dialling it in.
Love PC as a smoke, missed her around...

Triple Cheese, 53 days in 12/12, I just started a short flush and this is the last of the TC for me.

53 days 1.jpg
53 days 2.jpg

Nice. I love the look of that Cheese with those big stubby looking buds.

it must be good then lol the last one I grew was more of a kush type structure and golf ball buds its nice smoke I love it and the pc makes some wonderful hash to very tasty!

Oh man I’ve been trying for years to find a strain to replace this PC pheno with. It grows into a horrible tangled mess that needs to be constantly trimmed over and over. Trimming it is a bloody nightmare. It’s so sticky that the most accurate description I can think of is it’s like working with fresh epoxy glue. Epoxy that never sets. Does being covered in raw epoxy sound pleasant to you? Well it’s not... The smell clings for days and keeps me awake at night if I don’t wear a full moon suit when I trim.
Yesterday I went into one of my outbuildings and the whole place stunk to high heaven- because, two days earlier, I had left a little tupperware container in there that had some PC buds in it for about an hour and a half during the trimming process. The container was totally empty and looked perfectly clean. It reeked. I opened both doors for the rest of the day and and threw the container out into the yard. I’m sure it’s still there reeking.
It’s the sickliest ugliest most annoying plant I grow and by far the most prone to mold. More than half the PCs I’ve ever grown have been chopped early and tossed into the hash trimmings pile. Mainly because of impending mold. By 2/3 of the way through flowering it always looks like a bomb hit it. But somehow that ugly mess produces smoke that everyone keeps saying me is the best in the land. ‘Man why don’t you just stop growing all that other crap and only grow the Pineapple Chunk?’
This has been the situation for several years. It’s like a bad joke, or a curse. Like one of those sneaky backstabbing wishes you get granted by a genie in a bottle. It’s totally fucked! Agggghh, don’t get me started! :eek:

Nice. I love the look of that Cheese with those big stubby looking buds.

Oh man I’ve been trying for years to find a strain to replace this PC pheno with. It grows into a horrible tangled mess that needs to be constantly trimmed over and over. Trimming it is a bloody nightmare. It’s so sticky that the most accurate description I can think of is it’s like working with fresh epoxy glue. Epoxy that never sets. Does being covered in raw epoxy sound pleasant to you? Well it’s not... The smell clings for days and keeps me awake at night if I don’t wear a full moon suit when I trim.
Yesterday I went into one of my outbuildings and the whole place stunk to high heaven- because, two days earlier, I had left a little tupperware container in there that had some PC buds in it for about an hour and a half during the trimming process. The container was totally empty and looked perfectly clean. It reeked. I opened both doors for the rest of the day and and threw the container out into the yard. I’m sure it’s still there reeking.
It’s the sickliest ugliest most annoying plant I grow and by far the most prone to mold. More than half the PCs I’ve ever grown have been chopped early and tossed into the hash trimmings pile. Mainly because of impending mold. By 2/3 of the way through flowering it always looks like a bomb hit it. But somehow that ugly mess produces smoke that everyone keeps saying me is the best in the land. ‘Man why don’t you just stop growing all that other crap and only grow the Pineapple Chunk?’
This has been the situation for several years. It’s like a bad joke, or a curse. Like one of those sneaky backstabbing wishes you get granted by a genie in a bottle. It’s totally fucked! Agggghh, don’t get me started! :eek:

lol that real stinky stuff is usually what I would like to toke if its a good stink idk but it sounds like you have a keeper pheno there just for the quality but I agree it sounds like a major pita to grow I would likely give it up if it was to annoying unless I loved the smoke then I would put up with it to!:)

Back
Top Bottom