Skywalker x Tangie 315 Watt CMH

Cheers for the advice Grnwzrd, I'll have the adjust a wing in there again once it coos down a bit more, its a much better reflector than the cooltube but temp management in summer overrides the crappy reflector.

I have noticed good growth since starting daily dripper feeds, I started on sunday just been and I see roots coming out the coco near the drippers already and heaps coming out the bottom of the pots. I topped the two biggest on sunday also and can see a good inch of recovery shoots from the cut with the other branches coming up more also. So far so good, keeping the ec low still 0.4, I'll up it a little towards the end of the week, not to much though, easy does it :)

Funny how some strains love a heavy feed and others don't. For example the green poison I have done two runs of now and each time I max out at 1.0-1.1 EC before I start seeing tip burn. The S.A.D. which was my last diary here was happy with full strength lucas (EC 1.4 in my water) and seemed to want more :rofl:
This one is another light feeder so far it seems.

Do you guys find that each strain can be wildly different in feeding requirements also?
also what is the most finicky strain you have grown?
Cheers

Good Morning 420 Mag,

its a chilly morning here in South Australia, a bit of fog and morning dew around before an expected sunny kind of day.

I'll get a picture this afternoon when I get back from work but the plants are going well despite my best efforts :rofl:

I went to get a close look at the pre flowers on the smallest one and I am even more certain that it is a female so thats a good thing, I knocked over the front one on my way out of the room though, doh. It got a little bent but didn't break and didn't hurt the roots either so no real harm done thank goodness.

Today I am off to spray some silver leaf nightshade that has invaded some local bush land, a nice easy job for a friday :)

I'll see you all in a five hours or so with a pic update and the tales of the nightshade spray,
Have a good morning everyone :)

Hey again folks,

I'm done trudging around, scrutinizing the ground for night shade seedlings, many more will fall now :) I have also taken a few snaps of the plants for you all. Some good growth for 3 days since the last pic I reckon, what do you guys think, coming along alright?
here is the group shot
sky_tangie_9.jpg

the poor girl that I toppled over yesterday, the front middle plant. I'm tucking those fan leaves underneath on this one, may even just prune em away?
Sky_Tangie_10.jpg

the rear two plants,
sky_tangie_12.jpg
Sky_Tangie_11.jpg

As I am pretty certain that the small one is a girl I am going to put the net in over the weekend, I'll be sure to let you know how I go.

Cheers,
:tokin:

Looking nice and healthy mate ;) Taking leaves off is up to you,id be tempted to
take the big fans off if theyre blocking alot of light to other parts,otherwise i'd
leave them. Thats just me.

The only thing's i'd do is probably lower the light and start training them with
wires, but we all do different styles.

Chugging along nicely anyway bro :)

They are looking awesome mate :) cant even tell that girl had a fall :thumb: id try tucking as much as possible if you are going to use a net, you want them to stretch right out, if you take the fan its going to slow growth to those branches and end up with a lot of side branching ;)
Got so many of them blue buckets here too, bargain at Bunnings, like 79c each, handles come off easy though :rofl:

Cheers for the encouragement and kind words folks, much appreciated :)

here they are as of this morning, the smallest one got topped yesterday as I am finally happy enough to call it a female :yahoo:

Sky_Tangie_13.jpg

resi water change today.

Have a great day everyone,

:tokin:

Hey GWB,

not sure to be honest, not to much longer hopefully. I need to start training them out some more I think so they don't get to tall. I have a net to go in now that I am happy with determining that they are all females, touch wood :rofl: so that will help, just got to get in there and set it up.

I'm motivated after typing that, see how we go :rofl:

Hey there HizzyB,

nice to meet you to, glad to have you along :)

Lucas for coco can be done in a few ways, GH maxi bloom is one. The method I use is called H3ad's recipe, it was originally posted on IC mag forums under a thread called "H3ad goes coco" I wont link it here but you can easily find the thread with some googling.

It's based on using 6ml/gallon of GH micro and 9ml/gallon of GH bloom. That combination gives you a very nice NPK ratio for growing canna, is cheap and easy to do. I simply adjust the rate depending on plant size and I have converted it to metric being 1.6ml/L micro and 2.4ml/L bloom.

hopefully that helps, any more questions about it feel free to ask,

cheers

Thanks a lot partimus

I'll look into it

Appreciate ya

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No worries HizzyB, happy to help.

I have had a productive few hours here, I put the net in and super cropped the small one over. I have bent the stem a bit more since I took that snap also.

Sky_Tangie_14.jpg

I also did a resi change. I upped the strength a bit but gave myself some room to add fresh water to dilute if I see it burning them.

have as good rest of your weekend folks :)

Evening 420 Mag,

this is not growing related but I thought I would share this here anyway because I am feeling pretty good about myself. I'll try not to waffle on to much :rofl:

So yeah, I have always battled with my weight, always been a big lad as a boy/teenager and just kept putting it on into adulthood. I don't know what I was at my heaviest because the scales only went up to 150kgs but I lost 10 cm of waist line before we got our first reading of 148kgs. That was back in 2010, I started at the gym at got into muay thai in early 2011. I got right down to 96kgs, was running every day and feeling great.

Anyway since then lots has happened in my life, I gave up a steady job and went to the mines chasing dollars that fell through and I started my own business. I got slack with the training and diet and the weight slowly crept back on and by the end of last year I was back out to 140kgs.

So now I have been back on the fitness wagon, I converted to a vegan diet and have trained consistently for the last 10 weeks and am happy to say that I am down 12 kilos to 127.2kgs and feeling great.

As a side thing to the grow diary I will also keep you guys up to date on my fitness and weight loss journey. Have a great night everyone :) :tokin:

Good shit bro, well done mate.. this has got me more excited than growing.. plants easy to grow, working on yourself, that's hard work man and your got my encouragement.. awesome Partimus..

Congrats mate :) I should look after myself a bit better, I'm the opposite really, I hardly ever eat and find it hard to put the weight on, always been a skinny runt :rofl: no matter what I try I only end up with a beer belly at most, I don't even drink anymore so I cant blame it on the beer lol

Thanks heaps guys, I appreciate the encouragement and I will be sure to keep you guys updated :) I'm feeling really good about it and very motivated to stay on course.

Ok so here are the plants as of this morning, I reckon they have grown a fair bit over the last two days so I took a snap to show you all.

here is the group shot, I have raised the EC of the resi to 0.7 and did my first twice daily feed yesterday and they seem to love it so far.
Sky_Tangie_17.jpg

the one at the back with some fresh super cropping as of this morning and the right rear plant. got a pic of the front one but it was super blurry.
Sky_Tangie_15.jpg
Sky_Tangie_16.jpg

I'm home from work today because it has come in stormy here so a chance to catch up on the paper work and have a nap sometime today and catch up on some sleep haha.

Have a good day everyone,
cheers

Back
Top Bottom