Sleep issues & crazy dreams after quitting?

Inasad

I just decided to take an extended break from smoking and I'm having trouble sleeping now. I smoked a few times a day (usually early morning & late night) for several years without missing more than a day or two. Now I go to sleep and barely get 3 hours before I wake up, I also have crazy dreams non stop which might also be waking me up. I used to have a hard time dragging my butt out of bed when I smoked. I have noticed I have a bit more energy when I wake up even though I don't sleep very much. I'm just worried about not sleeping much over the long term.

Is there anything I can do to help with this except for smoking again? I know I'm not the only one who notices crazy dreams when they stop, but it's been almost a month and I'm still having this problem. I'm not talking about one dream here and there, it's like a barrage of dreams and I keep waking up every 20-30 minutes after I get a few hours. When I smoked I would almost never remember having dreams.

Cliffs:

Barely sleeping a few hours a night since quitting
Crazy dreams non stop are making it hard to sleep
Haven't smoked in almost a month
Never had dreams when I used to smoke, and slept like a baby through the night

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Smoking at night for some can cause short term memory loss, which is why you don't remember your dreams when you wake up. Those dreams were still there before you started smoking. I would either give it some more time for your brain to readjust or go back to smoking just before bed to sleep through the night.

same here with the dreams, but only when I don't smoke, also noticed the dreams get more intense the longer I don't smoke. As for the sleeping, it usually takes me a few weeks to get into the rhythm of falling asleep with out a little help from my bong. I once went 58 days without smoking a couple years back when I was looking for a new job, worst fucking 58 days of my life but the dreams were like an acid trip.

Back
Top Bottom