Sleep trouble?

Inasad

Hey guys I have a question... My grades in college suck right now so I'm quitting smoking for a while. My question is what do you do if you cannot sleep? Before I stopped smoking, I was smoking at least twice a day or more, and I always smoked before bed at night. Now I can't get to sleep at a reasonable hour (which is why I'm posting at 3:00 am) and when I do sleep, I have so many crazy, messed up dreams, that I don't even feel rested when I wake up in the morning.

Has this happened to any of you, and if so, is there anything that I can do to help out? I'm considering staying up all night so that I am extremely tired tomorrow night which will hopefully let me fall asleep before 5 am.

Thanks for your help.

Give it a day or two. Drink lots of fluids. Limit your intake of any stimulants 6 hours before bed. I don;t know that you actually have to quit smoking, maybe keep it a weekend deal, or just 2 hours before bed, or after homework is done. I use weed to help regulate my sleep, but I am not in school ;-) Also, try smoking some resin, that is filled with CBD's and should put you to sleep in an hour or so :)

Thanks for your input but I quit smoking last thursday (4 days ago) and for me its an all or nothing type of deal, if I smoke on the weekends, that means I will have some to smoke, and if I have the herb, I will smoke the herb whenever because one of my friends will say hey lets smoke and I'll say hey why not. You can ask any one of my friends, my roommate and I are notorious for proclaiming that we will only smoke on the weekends and it never works for more than three days. I don't know if it's just my school but we have names for different days of the week for drinking like wasted wednesday, thirsty thursday, etc. One week when we stopped smoking during the week, my roommate and I invented "weed wednesday" and said, well, you have to smoke on weed weednesday, lol.

ahhhh yes weed wednesday lol. try finding a hot chick and getting rid of some energy...

have you ever noticed that when you smoke b4 bed you dont have dreams?!

maybe thats the problem, if you don't dream when you smoke and then you start dreaming again when you stop, it's hard to adjust. I finally fell asleep tonight at 10:20 pm, I was going to wait until a little later but I figured what the heck. I woke up at 12:20 and realized I had just taken a 2 hour nap in the middle of the night, so now I'll be up all night. Hoorrayyyyy

I smoke everyday and have crazy dreams. Learning self-discipline would benefit you now and in the future. Set a smoking schedule and keep toking.

I have lots of self discipline with most of the things in my life. Marijuana is not one of those things, and honestly, getting high for a couple hours isn't worth all of the trouble.

Enough said. I smoke for med and recreational reasons and respect those who don't need the relief that some of us receive from the good herb.

Cannabis disrupts sleep patterns, and prevents Delta 4 and Delta 5 stages of sleep. REM occurs in Delta 4 so when you are stoned you will not dream. That is why cannabis is used for PTSD mmj patients as cannabis acts as a dream suppressant.
When you stop smoking cannabis, your sleep will restore from the 3rd or 4th day. In those first days after ceasing, you will experience withdrawal symptoms, such as insomnia, agitation, increased blood pressure to name a few. These will abate by day 5 or 6 after ceasing. Normal REM dreaming usually kicks in at day 3 or 4, and early dreams can be vivid and in colour, and often some nightmares can happen. The sleep pattern will continue to improve, but it can take up to a month for some folks.

This can happen on occasions. There is some thought that what you may be perceiving as a dream, may in fact be sub-conscious frontal and temporal lobe activity, stimulated by THC in the brain, rather than Delta 4 REM sleep. I have an open mind on this.
This is an excellent article to read. It helps guide us to a better understanding of how the brain and THC mesh, so we cam maximise our understanding and pleasure from the high. https://www.420magazine.com/communi...r-high-effects-marijuana-consciousness.70721/

wow!

Interesting discusion this, I used to have quite bad insomnia irrevelant of if I had had
a smoke or not, some green does keep me awake though!
If I cant sleep nowadays I usally get up and go into a different room for half an hour or so
then try and go back to sleep,,.. it usually works> A friend of mine who is a medical student advised that masturbation can aide sleep by realeasing certain chemicals into the brain, even if you dont shoot your wad it still has the desired effect!
Sometimes I cant sleep because I havent had a smoke also,,. damn.

i have the same thing
I smoke every day
and last time i didn't (holiday to spain) i couldn't sleep and had weirdass dreams every night (normally I have no dreams at all)
the "withdrawal" effects should wear of in a week or two

I don't entirely agree with you stopping to get better grades
i always sucked at maths
untill I took a test stoned and i got an 8 (out of 10)

it's like I look at things differently when i'm stoned
for example if i'm not stoned and don't know the answer to a qeustion, i skip it
but when i'm stoned the question becomes like a riddle i have to solve and i get hyperfocused on the task at hand.

but i geuss different people have different experiences, and a lot of people i know just become lazy, inactive and start daydreaming.

edit:
after reading the post above i just remembered
a good wanking before you go to sleep might help too :D

If medical marijuana isn't a doctor, than he spends WAY to much time on wiki haha. Thanks for the info meds, i was wondering about this aswell. I like to ignore and stay oblivious to the fact that cannabis does indeed have withdrawal symptoms, sadly. If i have an active weekend, the monday and tuesday i usually have harder time sleeping, especially if its right after a break (like, after holidays i usually stop the herb intake for a little while, just to get back on my normal during school track).

As a tip, i find that a good mellow tea works wonders the first few nights. I use this stuff a buddy of mine brought back from Vietnam, its totally organic, and used for helping people get to sleep (no, there isn't any cannabis in there, just some soothing herbs). But i have found store bought calming tea can work just as good, and it REALLY helps the transition of those first few days... hope that helps!

Oh, and on the weed wednesday topic, anyone ever partake in mary monday?

Back
Top Bottom