Slightly worried I have grown garbage pot

CaptWineTeeth

420 Member
So, I had some bag seed that I was told was "some kind of Kush." The four females that emerged grew strong and tall and had lots of buds. They got pollinated (outdoor grow) so a lot of the flowers were fluffy and popcorny, but two of the four still had pretty dense colas, albeit with lots of seeds. They flowered for over 10 weeks and I kept a close eye on the trichomes with a microscope but the crystals never really seemed to get cloudy and stayed clear with some amber flecks among them. I got anxious due to an increasingly bad powdery mildew issue in my garden, the weather turning cool and rainy, as well as my concern about theft (my friend had his plant heisted). I made the decision to chop, did a bud wash and dried them. The drying took a lot shorter time than I would have thought (slightly less than three days) but I chocked that up to the buds not being too dense. I packed them up last Sunday and have been curing and burping them since.

My concern is that I tried smoking some and got ZILCH from it. Nada. When I look at the trichomes now they all still look pretty clear, but there's lots of them. What should I expect here? Were they doomed to never ripen for one reason or another? Did I just pick them way too soon (again, flowered for ten weeks) and they'll never amount to anything? I was under the impression that the potency would increase during curing but that you would catch some kind of high by smoking them early.

Thanks.

I recently harvested my Black Water plant. I smoked some 3 days after harvest. I didn't get much high then. About a week later I am feeling more of the head spin and munchies are increasing with it. The high increases as it cures for a couple of months , in my opinion.

Once the bud is pollinated, it definitely has an effect on bud potency.
The whole purpose of a flower being sticky is to catch pollen. Once it’s pollinated, it’s doesn’t need to produce any more trichomes in that area.
There will likely be some stronger areas where there were less seeds, but yes unfortunately it sort of kills the potency in other areas.
Even the stuff you don’t want to smoke would still be good for pressing and cooking with once you pop the seeds out.
Give the good stuff at least 4-6 weeks to develop a taste before deciding anything.
At least you know not to grow outdoors anymore since someone must have male or hermi plants nearby.

Any pics?
Of the curing bud? Sure, but it's not much to look at. I tried using my phone camera and the microscope to get a close up shot of the trichs but that was a nonstarter.

At least you know not to grow outdoors anymore since someone must have male or hermi plants nearby.
I've already got my indoor tent setup bookmarked and ready for order. The outdoor grow was a fun learning experience for sure, but I know I'll have real quality when I can play God/Nature, plus I've got feminized seeds with decent genetics and not bag seed where I get males. Still wanted something productive from all the effort and time of growing this summer. If I don't get anything from smoking it, what would be the point of making oil/butter/hash/etc.?

Hey bag seeds will/can be good even great if you put the time in. These are bag seeds and my first grow. Sensimilla is the best baby.

Attachments

• 20201014_183920.jpg
    20201014_183920.jpg
    852.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20201014_183858.jpg
    20201014_183858.jpg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 20201014_183759.jpg
    20201014_183759.jpg
    968.5 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom