Slinks' Lemon Amnesia & Money Maker - Coco - Wilma XL 4 Pot - 400W Tent Grow

I defoil the bud sites to increase light and to decrease humidity. Ive always plucked bad leaves...never done a side by side comparison with clones. Some people swear pruning and defoil is only way to get fat dense buds

I haven't defoliated because my last grows were outside autos. It's important to defol for light penetration (indoors in particular with a fixed light source) and airflow (anywhere). I think leaves should remain on where possible to power the plant, but indoors and in a scrog there is definitely a place for defoliation. And anything under the canopy isn't getting light anyway!

Oh, and CO2 only in a sealed tent if you want to wake up the next day to enjoy your grow :).

I defoil the bud sites to increase light and to decrease humidity. Ive always plucked bad leaves...never done a side by side comparison with clones. Some people swear pruning and defoil is only way to get fat dense buds

It seems to work well on my royal Dwarf Auto. But not on the green crack as that time I could do side by side comparison

Day 29 since flip
20180207_181023.jpg
20180207_181048.jpg

Sorry bout pic quality need to get phone fixed.
So i put a gsc seed in at start of flip i topped her as soon as she started preflower n then she been blooming for a week now... No reason to expect anything might not even get 5g we will see ;)

20180207_181115.jpg
20180207_181147.jpg

No reason behind this than boredom n curiosity. She sit on the very edge of the tent.. No sign of hermie which would of been cool for pollen.

Day 30 Flower. Trying a different camera when i can find it. I believe its got macro zoom :) Been here 4 months and still no idea where half the stuff we bought from UK is.
FHD0008.JPG
FHD0003.JPG
FHD0002.JPG

Right gave my plants too much pk I think cos they got nutrient burn. I've just given them half strength nutrients now instead of 3/4. Ph is 5.8 no idea about ppm as I'm not measuring. Feeding hesi coco, hesi super vit and brutalbuds pk.
I noticed some leaves with yellow patches on the lower of the very centre cola and on a few other leaves but not many. I prob wouldn't of noticed if I wasn't defoiling. The rest of the plant seems fine tho. What do u reckon?
20180211_143718.jpg
20180211_143616.jpg

Ok so my family came to visit n i didnt check on the girls for couple of days. When i came back they had a bit of lightburn on leaves directly under hps. Moved lights up a bit now.
Also buds are growing slow. I think my rh is at 45-70 depending on time of day n whether i have window to the bedroom open.. Normally sits 55-65 cant get it lower without a €200 dehumidifier which i cant afford at moment...
Lesson learnt. Plan for a new environment.
Anyhow here are some photos... Buds under hps and led looking super fat compared to just hps
FHD0007.JPG
FHD0006.JPG
FHD0005.JPG
FHD0004.JPG

So I have been constantly plucking leaves almost daily in small amounts throughout the plants life trying to battle humidity. I'm beginning to suspect my buds aren't fattening because I overdid it to compensate for the scrog. am I wrong?

Leaf mass is critical for big yields, which is why mites and other leaf miners take grows down. Defol has a purpose and when used correctly will help you do great. Many awesome examples of correct defol'ing on 420 here. Just keep plants happy and you will finish well.

Cheers

Ok well you can see from pics how leafy I am I'll try take some more pics in a sec. I removed every big fan leaf over first 5 weeks. they are 9 -12 week strains. I'm hoping they will recover n plough all energy into buds.
this is the fun of experimenting with new setups...
I think my scrog is too full more tops smaller buds maybe. I'm use to having 4 to 8 massive colas only and never used dropped or scrog

Back
Top Bottom