Slow Driving Leads To Drug Arrest

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Three Jackson County residents were arrested after officers reportedly found marijuana in a vehicle that was stopped for driving under the minimum speed limit on the interstate.

According to a press release from the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, deputies with the sheriff's office Proactive Criminal Enforcement Unit, or PACE Unit, stopped a Mercury on Interstate 10 Wednesday that allegedly veered from its lane and was driving under the posted minimum speed limit.

Deputies reportedly noticed the strong smell of marijuana emanating from the vehicle after making contact with the occupants. During a probable cause search of the vehicle, a loaded .357 Magnum revolver was found on the floorboard on the driver's side, near the rear passengers feet. Also, a clear plastic bag containing marijuana was reportedly found in the vehicle near the front passenger's seat, according to the release.

Bags "consistent with the packaging of marijuana were also located in the driver's front pocket," the release stated.

Three of the four people in the vehicle were arrested. Virgil Lang Johnson Jr., 20, of Greenwood, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and driving while license suspended or revoked. Devonta Markeic Gibson, 19, of Marianna, was charged with possession of marijuana. Ladarius Deon Spires, 23, of Marianna, was charged with possession of a concealed firearm, felon in possession of a firearm, alteration of a firearm serial number and violation of state probation.

The three men were transported to the Jackson County Correctional Facility to await first appearance.

A Grand Ridge man is also facing charges for alleged possession of marijuana after a traffic stop.

On Thursday, deputies with the PACE Unit stopped a Chevrolet on Old Spanish Trail in Grand Ridge. A search of the vehicle was conducted during the traffic stop, and the passenger was allegedly found in possession of marijuana, according to the release.

James Justiss Land, 20, of Grand Ridge, was charged with possession of marijuana and housed in the Jackson County Correctional Facility.

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: jcfloridan.com
Copyright: 2011 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC.

Interstate 10 is the scariest highway I have ever driven dirty. It is the deep south. This same road supplies much of the Mexican imports. If you are driving that interstate from Az to Florida watch your ass.

.....If you are driving that interstate from Az to Florida watch your ass.

You should watch your ass where ever you are. If you make it a habit you won't get surprised, usually. There is always the 'fluke factor'. In this world we are living in its always a good policy to be aware of your surroundings.

'fluke factor', lol. Like while fishing, getting slapped by a whale with the flukes of his tail?

Those boys were too stoned to keep up with traffic. While some places are more hazardous than others, total safety & security doesn't exist anywhere. Shit happens, but...

'Honoring the threat' doesn't mean paranoia, but survival.

My wife, myself and my daughter who was maybe 1 at the time were once pulled over because I was driving to slow. We were in a farming area north of L.A. on a two lane with no trafic enjoying the sunset and cool breeze on a summer evening. We had no drugs and gave as our reasons to the CHP the same reasons I just stated. We were let off with a warning.

Back
Top Bottom