Slow growing DWC seedling

havoksgrow

I've got a seedling going in a DWC clay pellets and it feels like it's growing really slowly. Maybe I fucked the sprout up by planting it right into clay. It poked out of the clay on the 27th, here's a pic from the 29th and another taken today(the 8th). The netpot is about an inch submerged and there are a couple roots poking out anbout 2 inches through the bottom. I've got a 23 watt CFL over it, 3 gallons of dechlorinated tap water at around 65° and an air pump under the netpot. i just noticed a couple dark spots on the leaves today.
Screenshot_20181208-201801.png
Screenshot_20181208-201135.png

Even with a plant that small? I've heard people say not to add anything till the 3rd or 4th set of true leaves
Not in DWC , or coco, ya need nutes for them

In soil you are correct

Get some nutes in there, start at 1/4 strength, then after 3-4 nodes start ramping up to 1/2 strength and stay there. Don't go over half strength unless your a seasoned grower

Add nutes at 1.0ec or 500ppm. You need more light, that is the main cause of you slow growth 100%. What strenggth do you plan to flower with? get the watts on it now. Id have a min 400w over that if usingg hps and 250wcfl if using cfl. Put some real light on and you will see a rapid shift.

Finally if roots are coming out of the net pot, lower the water level so there is a couple in gap. This will force faster root growth.

Add nutes at 1.0ec or 500ppm. You need more light, that is the main cause of you slow growth 100%. What strenggth do you plan to flower with? get the watts on it now. Id have a min 400w over that if usingg hps and 250wcfl if using cfl. Put some real light on and you will see a rapid shift.

Finally if roots are coming out of the net pot, lower the water level so there is a couple in gap. This will force faster root growth.
im going to be switching over to about 300 watts of led once it gets going but its still hardly showing its second set of true leaves so i dont think a lack of lights the issue here.

It wont get going until you put it under that 300w fixture. 23 watts of CFL is never going to get vigorous growth. And how far away do you have the cfl from the plant?

this is the state of my roots, should only the tips of these roots be in the water?
20181210_224626.jpg

Trust me its the light. 23w is nothing. The weakest light i would start seeedlings under normally would be 125w cfl but i mostly start under 600w hps or mh. Ive grown 10's of thousands of plants, trust me.
alright, just seems strange that i was able to get this under a single clf but in dwc its not growing.

Back
Top Bottom