Slow growth? Blue Dream from seed Day 53 pictures.

WestBlunts

Hey guys, I'm back on this I'm finally going to start keeping you guys updated on my grow.
So check out these shitty pictures

How small does she seem? Day 53 (Sprouted from seed 7/18/12)
Picture_1822.jpg
Picture_1832.jpg

Oh yeah. At 2 months a blue dream should be like 1.5-2.5 feet tall. Yours is less then a foot :(.

Like all these were taken today and are about 43 days now.

DSCN58081.JPG
The one in the front left is NYCD a sativa just like Blue dream. Its just under 2 feet.

Here are the few things I see wrong Blunts.

The color looks too light and yellow. They would probably like a little more nutes, plus make sure the PH of your soil is somewhere around 6-7ph.

Also if I remember, wernt you watering too much before? The soil looks quite dark and wet. You really want the top couple inches of soil to be bone dry before watering again.

Plants with too wet of roots, even if they do not develope conditions like root rot still have very slow growth when compared to plants that have a chance to dry out.

Do this for watering. Let the plant dry out. Might take a few days might take less, hard to predict until you let it happen. But dont give it any water until you notice some of the leaves drooping. They will be pointed almost straight down. This is a sign that they need water. After some of the leaves get to that point go ahead and water then deeply plus give just a tiny bit extra nutes too.

This will help you get a rough idea just how long you want to wait, till you get to a point right before the plant is dehydrating.

Dam, my 21 day old plants from seed is bigger than that of course but mine is grown aeroponic style. Anyways. You need to give the viewers info to better help you. Such as soil, nutes, ph & ph run off, ppm, lighting. It's like going to the hospital and showing a doctor a arm rash but not giving him any info on how maybe you got the rash. Good luck man.

Thanks you guys, I should have tittled this different though :tokin: ahaa I know the reason for her stunted growth :thumb:

-From sprout and a few weeks following I kept the soil soaked Yes I know :/
-She was put in a unknown soil
-She was in a grow box that hit 120f
-and she was transplanted the wrong way 3 times

But since she was 25 days old here in this picture
top61.JPG

She has been tended to right and I just started her on Pure Blend & Alaska Fish Ferts like 3 weeks ago. now she's here :)
Picture_1832.jpg

Any tips on some nutes that I should be using right now?

I would add either azomite or seaweed/kelp. If you add azomite then up the fish fert dosage just a tiny bit. If you go with the seaweed or kelp then just keep giving the same dosage you have been. The plants only look slightly yellow so it really just needs a tiny bit more N.

The azomite and kelp are mainly there for trace minerals.

Superthrive is great too in veg. Yeah its expensive as fuck for 11 bucks for that tiny ass bottle, I know. But my bottle is still 1/3rd full and its been feeding like 20 plants for an average of like 2-3 months.

Just remember what I keep telling ya about the soil drying out. My topsoil looks like a freaking desert most of the time before I even think about watering again.

If you can see just how dry the soil looks in the pics of my newer plants. Keep in mind I still waited like 12 more hours until finally watering.

Beings that are constantly and abundantly fed become complacent.

Ones who must struggle and fight for survival become warriors.

In veg I use like 2-3 drops per gallon or 1 drop is fine too. Dont go over 5 drops per gallon as your just wasting money. I use it literally every watering and I nute every watering as well. I just tone it all down a bit if I find I am watering often like every day or every other day (which happens in very hot conditions or with big plants in small pots).

Do not use superthrive in flower maybe the first week or two is ok but after that dont as many say the hormones in it can fuck with flowering times. For that same reason I question using seaweed in flowering too as its loaded with plant hormones. But this grow I have been foliar feeding the budding plants with a seaweed/nute/ tea/ soap mix. The OG Kush has some pretty good buds growing for just 1 week into flower. I think its cause of the foliar feeds.

DSCN5823.JPG
DSCN5819.JPG

As for the droopy leaves thing, ideally you want to water right before it gets to that point and not let them actually droop and of course when you water you SOAK it.

Often you will find that when it finally is time to water you should pour a cup or two onto the soil and wait like 2 mins for it to soak in and dampen most of the soil especially the outer rim soil, which tends to be the last to get wet when watering. Then after a couple minutes go in and slowly water until you are confident every bit of soil in the entire pot is very wet. Then leave it be until the next time to water.

Im guessing you mean the 2.5, 2, 5 Pure Blend Pro Bloom?

My personal opinion on the Liquid karma is it seems overpriced. All it really is, is molasses, compost and seaweed. You can get those items separate for cheaper. However with that said if money is not a big deal, yes it sounds good. As all 3 of those things are items I use heavily in my grows.

If you did mean the Pure Blend pro bloom, then there is one last thing you would need for a complete grow (well you might also need Lime or sulfur if your PH ever became inbalanced to adjust it), but the last thing youd need for complete grow stuff from start to finish is some phosphorous. Id go with Jamaican or Indoneisian bat guano. Fox farms makes some nice Jamaican guano that has added beneficial fungus.

Remember when it comes to those 3 numbers you see on a fertilizer. The first one is Nitrogen, the 2nd is Phosphorous, the 3rd is Potassium. In Veg plants need more Nitrogen then the other two (thats why the fish fert is a good base for veg, its 5-1-1). Then in flower you want less nitrogen and more P and more K.

Remember when it comes to those 3 numbers you see on a fertilizer. The first one is Nitrogen, the 2nd is Phosphorous, the 3rd is Potassium. In Veg plants need more Nitrogen then the other two (thats why the fish fert is a good base for veg, its 5-1-1). Then in flower you want less nitrogen and more P and more K.
Thanks Bro I'll keep that in mind :thumb:

I would check colour spectrum of lights used if the plant is grown indoors under lights !

Optimal spectrum off lights for veg is 6500/6400k (kelvin) blue for veg.

Blunts. Once you begin to see small buds growing (I dont mean pistols, I mean actual starts of buds) then you should stop the fish fert as its just too much nitrogen for flowering.

I cant remember is this seed a feminized seed or a normal seed? Also have you seen any white hairs or... gulp, any pods? I really really hope after all this you do got a female at least :).

Keep in mind the females should start flowering pretty soon if they have not already. But yours is small so its a bit delayed is all.

One cool thing I could suggest to ya is that at the place I go to, to get my clones which is in San Fernando. Also has what they call "teens". The teens are basically clones that have grown for like 20 days of veg. They are 25 a piece and range anywhere from 1 foot to 1.5 feet tall. They had quite a bit when I was there a few days ago. A couple of those combined with yours could get ya a few OZ by the end of october or early november. If your interested just google progressive options or ask me and Ill give you their address/ number.

Back
Top Bottom