Slow growth spider mite issue

hazeluv69

Found out I have spider mites on my cuttings around 5 days ago only got em 7 days ago, sprayed em down, done a Hoover over em, spray with some neem soapy water, I am going to keep spraying with neem every 5-7 days, my questions is just are my plants supposed to be growing slow as fuck now! Pics attached they are 5 days 18/6. Growing in coco pebble mix 60/40, canna nutes. I am also looking to purchase some predatory mites to place in them. Just wondering is it all worth it and will the slow growth stop soon?

82F88C22-A075-4096-A6A1-D3B3108A357A.jpeg

99024F71-E736-42EF-B686-809CBEAEA6F9.jpeg

3428377B-2911-4980-B52A-E989B42FEF1A.jpeg

5205CD8C-77F2-48AC-86A8-CC71C2AE0C8A.jpeg

F331398F-B254-4D8A-A1B8-9C8E254754BD.jpeg

D1B377E0-3FA4-435E-B08F-5067BF34798F.jpeg

Found out I have spider mites on my cuttings around 5 days ago only got em 7 days ago, sprayed em down, done a Hoover over em, spray with some neem soapy water, I am going to keep spraying with neem every 5-7 days, my questions is just are my plants supposed to be growing slow as fuck now! Pics attached they are 5 days 18/6. Growing in coco pebble mix 60/40, canna nutes. I am also looking to purchase some predatory mites to place in them. Just wondering is it all worth it and will the slow growth stop soon?

82F88C22-A075-4096-A6A1-D3B3108A357A.jpeg

99024F71-E736-42EF-B686-809CBEAEA6F9.jpeg

3428377B-2911-4980-B52A-E989B42FEF1A.jpeg

5205CD8C-77F2-48AC-86A8-CC71C2AE0C8A.jpeg

F331398F-B254-4D8A-A1B8-9C8E254754BD.jpeg

D1B377E0-3FA4-435E-B08F-5067BF34798F.jpeg
Hey haze,cute garden.
Wow 80 rh thats high ,but not your problem at the moment. Spraying and poking around your girls can cause issues when so young. Personally I'd chuck everything in bin and start fresh. You can end up fighting those mites the whole grow. They are a freeken nightmare. I'd get some fem seeds and start fresh with a healthy grow.

Wow 80 rh thats high ,but not your problem at the moment. Spraying and poking around your girls can cause issues when so young.
Heard off the guy I got the cuts off that spider mite was found so I checked mine and found 1 so I didn’t want to let them get any worse! & my rh when I have new cuttings is always around 70-90, never had any issues, usually seems like my babies love it, just this time the spider mites god damn

Heard off the guy I got the cuts off that spider mite was found so I checked mine and found 1 so I didn’t want to let them get any worse! & my rh when I have new cuttings is always around 70-90, never had any issues, usually seems like my babies love it, just this time the spider mites god damn
Yea your rh isn't a problem. Just those dam feken mites my friend. I hate them.
I lost 25 plants a couple years ago. Kept trying to fight them and they just kept spreading, so I dumped everyone, pots soil plants everything. Scrubbed out all my rooms ordered 500 bucks in seeds and started over.
Sierra naturals is a sponsor, and they have products that will help.
I just think I'd cut my losses now while young and start again. :Namaste:

Yea your rh isn't a problem. Just those dam feken mites my friend. I hate them.
I lost 25 plants a couple years ago. Kept trying to fight them and they just kept spreading, so I dumped everyone, pots soil plants everything. Scrubbed out all my rooms ordered 500 bucks in seeds and started over.
Sierra naturals is a sponsor, and they have products that will help.
I just think I'd cut my losses now while young and start again. :Namaste:

oh f***, I don’t wish mites on my worst enemy or lol I probably would but man good luck staying mite free! Hope mine clears up too, just going to keep using the neem, it isn’t really easy to get clones around my part of the world . I do feel like cutting my losses and getting seeds but time time time!!

oh f***, I don’t wish mites on my worst enemy or lol I probably would but man good luck staying mite free! Hope mine clears up too, just going to keep using the neem, it isn’t really easy to get clones around my part of the world . I do feel like cutting my losses and getting seeds but time time time!!
I understand my friend. Time and access to required products often forces us to do things differently from the way we want. So if your going to try and keep them alive you could try dunking them ,they are small enough.
Just be careful how you water and feed them. They can go dormant quite easily if you overwater.

I understand my friend. Time and access to required products often forces us to do things differently from the way we want. So if your going to try and keep them alive you could try dunking them ,they are small enough.
Just be careful how you water and feed them. They can go dormant quite easily if you overwater.

im going to water them right now I don’t give them too much & only once a day. Regarding the dunking method, could you possibly explain that to myself ? Do I dunk it in plain water or as the guy said above some water with a few drops of soap?

im going to water them right now I don’t give them too much & only once a day. Regarding the dunking method, could you possibly explain that to myself ? Do I dunk it in plain water or as the guy said above some water with a few drops of soap?
Ive have herd of 2 ways of dunking. First is in hot water, second which id try first
neem oil and soap. Hold them under for a few minutes to drown the buggers.
I would try it 2 or 3 days in a row if they can handle it. Good luck my friend.

Neem oil safer soap both will work eventually depending on the infestation. If you don't have either and can't get it for a while take 3 or 4 packs worth of tobacco and make a liquid spray by slowly boiling down the tobacco in water until it is dark and concentrate. Put in bottle spray plants, it will deter them and is safe.

Most likely the slow growth is being caused by being in the little containers for 7 days unless you picked them up already planted in the soil mix. A small root ball will slow down growth.

And, Spider Mites definitely slow down growth. The plant has to replace the nutrients in the leaves that are being sucked out by the Mites and still try to provide enough to get the leaves and stems to grow.

Your spray schedule is off, though. Mix up the Neem Oil spray according the recommended ratio. Just reduce the amount since you will only need several ounces for each spraying until the plants start growing which can be awhile. Then spray once a day for 3 days. After the 3rd day you can relax a bit and spray every other day for three times. After that go to a spray every 5th day for a couple sprays and then to every 7 days till the plants are allowed to go into flower.

Each Neem Oil session should include a heavy spraying underneath the leaves and the tops of the leaves. Spray till drops fall off the leaves just like the plants were out in the rain.

This morning was spray session day for the clones in the vegetation closet and this one was also scheduled for it's photo session. The insert in the photo shows the drops of Neem Oil & water mix dripping off the tips of the leaves.
2021-02-23_140205-d.jpg

Most likely the slow growth is being caused by being in the little containers for 7 days unless you picked them up already planted in the soil mix. A small root ball will slow down growth.

And, Spider Mites definitely slow down growth. The plant has to replace the nutrients in the leaves that are being sucked out by the Mites and still try to provide enough to get the leaves and stems to grow.

Your spray schedule is off, though. Mix up the Neem Oil spray according the recommended ratio. Just reduce the amount since you will only need several ounces for each spraying until the plants start growing which can be awhile. Then spray once a day for 3 days. After the 3rd day you can relax a bit and spray every other day for three times. After that go to a spray every 5th day for a couple sprays and then to every 7 days till the plants are allowed to go into flower.

Each Neem Oil session should include a heavy spraying underneath the leaves and the tops of the leaves. Spray till drops fall off the leaves just like the plants were out in the rain.

This morning was spray session day for the clones in the vegetation closet and this one was also scheduled for it's photo session. The insert in the photo shows the drops of Neem Oil & water mix dripping off the tips of the leaves.

2021-02-23_140205-d.jpg

Yes so I shall re pot them into some larger fabric pots as soon as?

& regarding the spraying I sprayed last night lights off and will do the same again today , & what do you mean by several ounces u mean the amount l actually spray onto the plants or the amount of neem I mix into my spray mixture ?

I will thoroughly spray them tonight and for the rest of this cycle, I have attached pictures, the neem had burnt up the leaves and they are looking terrible but I am keeping hope and carrying on as usual.

5FCFB7F7-1AFA-44AA-92E7-905D098FBCFD.jpeg

4430517E-9920-450C-BA25-3710E2B5DD96.jpeg

9CB06977-B805-4BBC-8444-545BE727BDFF.jpeg

712D0FF2-0B69-4CB1-8144-D12E7BE27E8C.jpeg

DF6E4F99-F9D8-4DC7-8AC6-271BF03C6D1C.jpeg

Smoking Wings - Ah snap thanks for the refresher course on killing mites... im in the throes of battle right now.

Hazeluv - silly rabbit, what were you thinking? Ya everyone knows coco pebbles is for breakfast not necessarily to grow weed in. Anywho - Smoking will get you sorted....looks nice tho!
What? Smoking ? Thanks for the jokes

They are growing extremely slow, I’m just going to baby them, neem every so often lights off and any tips on nutrient feeding during this week time anything to do in particular , I give 6ml a&b 6ml rhizo & 6ml calmag to 5 litres of water

I'm sorry but I agree with @Bill284's dump it all. Clean, steam and make sure it's 110%. The borg is the worst and you don't want to be dealing with them the whole grow. They take all the fun of gardening away... Neem oil treatment most of the time isn't 100%.

honestly don’t have access or time , or let’s just say I’m not lucky enough to be able to just throw these away as getting hold of any more would take a awful amount of time. I will try the dunking technique , I haven’t seen anymore spider mites, it’s just my leaves are f’d up and growing slow asf now & wondering if they r even going to grow further

Oh and don't get clones from this person that you got them from ever again!! I'm not going to get into specifics but I share a ton of clones on a regular. The only thing I make sure of 1000%, no bugs!!

If you do get clones. Quarantine them in another country till you're sure they don't have bugs.

Oh and don't get clones from this person that you got them from ever again!! I'm not going to get into specifics but I share a ton of clones on a regular. The only thing I make sure of 1000%, no bugs!!

If you do get clones. Quarantine them in another country till you're sure they don't have bugs.
Yeah man never again, got em before and they were the absolute banger so I gave it another go but f*** me should’ve gone elsewhere but has been a hassle lately to get hold of cuttings!

Back
Top Bottom