Slow new growth?

gazmufc

Hey folks

im 4 weeks into a 3 plant grow.. very much a noob at this..3rd time growing.. all was going ok until about 2 days ago when i noticed some yellowing coming into the new growth at the tops( the new small leafs), overall growth has also slowed down a bit as well.

growing in compost
i added(roughly 10grams of each) basalat rock dust and seaweed dust to 40 lt of soil and filled my 4lt pots form that.
I added 20ml canna a to 30lt of water, a little less than suggested and have been watering only when pots gets light, which has been evry 4 days or so, does that sound right? I felt they wernt really drinking that much.

my ph is 6,
growing under 300w LED
ive read that correct should be 5.3??
so should I add about 70grams of sulphate of ammonia to each pot??

its suggested that to decrease by 1ph add 70 grams.

Im so annoyed because my phone screen cracked last week and its getting fixed. but for now sorry I have no photos.

I have had great support from you lot in past, was told more information I can provide the better..

any suggestions would be much appreciated thank you folks, pictures in next few days.

Hey folks

im 4 weeks into a 3 plant grow.. very much a noob at this..3rd time growing.. all was going ok until about 2 days ago when i noticed some yellowing coming into the new growth at the tops( the new small leafs), overall growth has also slowed down a bit as well.

growing in compost
i added(roughly 10grams of each) basalat rock dust and seaweed dust to 40 lt of soil and filled my 4lt pots form that.
I added 20ml canna a to 30lt of water, a little less than suggested and have been watering only when pots gets light, which has been evry 4 days or so, does that sound right? I felt they wernt really drinking that much.

my ph is 6,
growing under 300w LED
ive read that correct should be 5.3??
so should I add about 70grams of sulphate of ammonia to each pot??

its suggested that to decrease by 1ph add 70 grams.

Im so annoyed because my phone screen cracked last week and its getting fixed. but for now sorry I have no photos.

I have had great support from you lot in past, was told more information I can provide the better..

any suggestions would be much appreciated thank you folks, pictures in next few days.
Hi Gaz, a pic would be helpful. Growth slowing, and yellowing huh? Ok first, ph in soil should be 6.2 to 6.8 in my tent. I'm a bit anal and go for 6.5 because the soil I use asks for that. Ph can make nightmares if it's way off and cause all sorts of ill looking things to happen that you can only fix with proper ph. Start there. Can't wait for the pics

Hey thanks for the quick reply. ah man i hear ya, sorry I dont have photos.. my phone not back for another week or so..one of my friends may visit over wknd, I will try and use his.

so should I just add lime directly to the soil in the pots to increase the PH to the 6.5-6.8 range?? they were doing ok until a few days ago, does 0.5 in PH make that much difference? when adding the lime should I water it down into the pots?

sry for all the questions without photos, I knows its not easy. I just wanna try resolve it asap. thanks in advance :)

Hey thanks for the quick reply. ah man i hear ya, sorry I dont have photos.. my phone not back for another week or so..one of my friends may visit over wknd, I will try and use his.

so should I just add lime directly to the soil in the pots to increase the PH to the 6.5-6.8 range?? they were doing ok until a few days ago, does 0.5 in PH make that much difference? when adding the lime should I water it down into the pots?

sry for all the questions without photos, I knows its not easy. I just wanna try resolve it asap. thanks in advance :)
I don't know what to do with lime. I've read it's time release. A correct dose today might mean next week isn't. I use ph up and down liquid and lemon juice is around 3 ph.
Yellowing new growth if it's light green is normal in rapid growing times. It turns green in a few days. But you've seen that. Maybe @AngryBird knows. Birdie!

Let them reach then if they look saggy feed water again ✊
hey Joe, thank you for commenting.. 'by let them reach' do u mean just let the soil dry out? and not feed, then just give water? sry, your speaking to a complete noob here.. what your take on my PH being 6, would u add lime to buff it up? my phone is due to be fixed by saturday.. so I will have picture s for u guys then. thanks in advance

Yeah In soil it good to let your medium dry out before you feed or water what ever your schedule is. But also you shouldn’t eh seeing the fans reach skywards signs they are happy . But in flower high temps and rh can affect plants and stress them.

Yellowing could be due to over watering, under watering or pH. Make sure to only water when you feel the top layer of soil dryi ng out. .5 change in pH has a 5x multiplying fold change to hydrogen ions concentration relative to water because its a logarithmic function, so yes huge difference. 6.0-6.8 at all costs. Add lime for some extra cal mag and buffering, you’ll be good to go. Make sure to use ascorbic acid to kill chloramine if you’re using tap water, it will also lower your pH of tap water, which typically is high at 8.0+

Yellowing could be due to over watering, under watering or pH. Make sure to only water when you feel the top layer of soil dryi ng out. .5 change in pH has a 5x multiplying fold change to hydrogen ions concentration relative to water because its a logarithmic function, so yes huge difference. 6.0-6.8 at all costs. Add lime for some extra cal mag and buffering, you’ll be good to go. Make sure to use ascorbic acid to kill chloramine if you’re using tap water, it will also lower your pH of tap water, which typically is high at 8.0+
thanks for commenting chap..im not using tap water, using bottled water with canna a added. the yellowing is only appearing in the new growth small leaves, its not spreading. I will get some lime tomorrow. Whats your thoughts on how much lime to add? the pots are 4lts, should I just sprinkle on surface and leave of water it in with just water? thanks in advance :)

4L pots + 4 weeks old = Good possibility for root bound plant. Have you looked?
I only upgraded them about 10 days ago to 4l, I just had a check to see, and the root system has not made it to bottom of pot yet..prob just over half why.. Ive grown only twice before this and always remember the root systems to be much denser than what i see in these plants have.. it must be the ph, its 6 and most folks say it should be higher. I should have picture up by tomorrow nte or Saturday nte.. or maybe its just a shity strain lol.. its strain call Mazar, have u heard of it?

Mazar

1543531634128.png

Found this on another thread. yellowing of new leaf growth is closest for sure. I will buff the PH to 6.5 and maybe look about getting some nitrogen feed as well.

Found this on another thread. yellowing of new leaf growth is closest for sure. I will buff the PH to 6.5 and maybe look about getting some nitrogen feed as well.

A little bone meal and dolomite lime never hurt anyone, not totally sure on how much ratio to add, I honestly just grow organically with all the nutrients in the soil from the time of transplant into big 25 L pots. I use nature’s living organic super soil mix, did a ton of research and found a company that uses subcool’s super soil nutrient compost mixture with dolomite, blood meal, bat guano, alfalfa meal, and tons of other goodies. Has easy instructions to mix into the bottom third of your pot, had a sweet just add water ph 6.5 grow and never looked back at nutrients again

Ok folks, got some photos for yous to take a look at, the first is the worst

Attachments

• DSC_0320.JPG
    DSC_0320.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0321.JPG
    DSC_0321.JPG
    389.8 KB · Views: 78
The first is the smallest of the 3, this will isnt as bad, but still a little yellowing can be seen on new growth

Attachments

• DSC_0320.JPG
    DSC_0320.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 70
This is the biggest of the 3, this one isnt as bad, only little yellowing, but as u can see where i topped it, the stems have grown well, but the next set of nodes are slow to form.. Idk..

Attachments

• DSC_0325.JPG
    DSC_0325.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0323.JPG
    DSC_0323.JPG
    380.5 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0324.JPG
    DSC_0324.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 69
This is the biggest of the 3, this one isnt as bad, only little yellowing, but as u can see where i topped it, the stems have grown well, but the next set of nodes are slow to form.. Idk..

What is your temperature and humidity at? Slow growth can often be attributed to the environment or the soil. Make sure to have plenty of perlite to increase oxygen and air to the roots, as well as drainage. Make sure to only water when the soil dries out between waterings, just check the top layer of soil with your finger. Use this chart to match humidity based on temperature the best you can. A cheap misting humidifier does the trick to up humdity, and I would reccomend a duct fan if you’re growing in a tent to keep the air constantly flowing. A humidity controller with a sensor is cheap, and will automatically kick on your humidfier when humdity drops.
279064E3-E8C7-4A1D-983A-8278D0D9D17E.jpeg

thank you det for sound advice. Im am not controling the environment as id like to, I know the better u control everything the better your plants will do..im on a budget grow for sure.. I was trying to save like 1500 euro for decent kit, but got laid off my job like a month ago, so dicided to get what I could with what I had saved, which was about 700euro..(not much for this game I know) I bought 300w LED panel (made in china lol) I live in apartment bolck so had to invest in a decent carbon filter to stay under the radar. when I first mixed 40lt of soil I added about 20% perlite , should the % of been greater ?? I dont know what average temp or humidity is, don't have instruments to measure, I dont have fans yet, getting oscillating fan and misting humidifier tomorrow, (still 2 week of veg to go, so might get little bigger if i get these running tomorrow, tho its prob little late for this grow, but at least il have it for next grow and have learned pleanty from the experience) I do often open and close the door to the closet to exchange air..(I know thats not ideal either, prob like giving them an ice bath of Irish air sigh!! On a positive note, I just took a PH reading from the 3 of them and PH is up to 6.3 from 6.0.. and the yellowing defo hasnt got any worse, seems to be getting slightly greener in places but don't wanna get my hopes up to much. another guy was telling me to be careful adding lime as its high in calcium so might not add any more, but do u think I should keep adding nitrogen as foliage spray daily when misting? thanks again for help, folks on this site are awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom