Slow start on flowering help

Creekerboy81

May have a problem. I switched the light cycle back on my OG Kush to 12/12 almost 3 weeks ago and don't seem to be doing much flowering and getting a super slow start. This is my first indoor grow on a regular Fem plant. Mainly been messin with Autmost starting out, but have grown regular outdoors for yrs. Any help or info would be nice if ha e few pics of what looks like after 3 weeks into the cycle change. Just seems like it should be alot further along then it is

May have a problem. I switched the light cycle back on my OG Kush to 12/12 almost 3 weeks ago and don't seem to be doing much flowering and getting a super slow start. This is my first indoor grow on a regular Fem plant. Mainly been messin with Autmost starting out, but have grown regular outdoors for yrs. Any help or info would be nice if ha e few pics of what looks like after 3 weeks into the cycle change. Just seems like it should be alot further along then it is

I am in your shoes. It seams to be about the same day too. I just have seen some bud building starting. Give it some more time.

The plant itself is prob close to 8 weeks old..I had sum autos finishing up when I started this one so prob veg for about 6 weeks or so on 16/8 with the autos then when cut them down I switched the cycle to 12/12 for the regular girl..and 3 weeks later still looks like it's not doin much at all..like not even showing signs of flowers

20161212_182016.jpg
20161212_182016.jpg
20161212_181902.jpg

Well- they can't flower till they reach sexual maturity. That usually happens by 5 weeks or so though. In this case maybe it took longer. I guess I'm repeating myself completely here- but really, as long as your room is well sealed and is dark when it's supposed to be dark- it's just a matter of waiting. Check your timer is working properly.

It will flower if it's old enough and the light cycle is right, it doesn't have a choice. Some tropical sativas will flower quicker if you drop the lights to 11/13 or less, but it shouldn't be necessary for you.

Ok just making sure cause everything else is the same..the tent is in my insulated shop and stays above 50 and was starting to wonder if maybe it was getting too cold when the lights are out and maybe that's the cause..I got the lights running thru ought the night

I would think above 50 would be ok. I can't say for sure that it wouldn't slow down flowering onset. I haven't had that experience though... :hmmmm:
I suspect that within a week you'll be back saying that she's flowering. If not then we'll call in the cavalry.

Well I see pre-flowers so I think it's just taking it a while. The cold weather might have more of an effective because 50 degrees is pretty far below the optimal 75-85 range. I mean I tend to get mine down in the mid to high 60s with no problem but I did notice they grew with much more vigor the more I kept them in the high 70s. That effect might be exaggerated by the genetics too, OG Kush is one of those strains that's closer to land-race than most hybrids so it might be more sensitive to the temperature.

Back
Top Bottom