Slowlearner's First Indoor Grow: LED, Soil, Seeds

slowlearner

Hi everyone,
While I've grown a girl or two for personal use outdoors for awhile, the new rec law here in Maine gave me the incentive to start an indoor grow.
This is a new world, and so much to learn! Any advice is more than welcome.
Anyways, I have built a 6'x8" (approximate) grow room, sealed except for venting, painted flat white.
For lighting, I have 3, 300 watt Nove Tech 300ns led's.
For soil I'm using ProMix General purpose and General Organics Go Box for nutes.
More details later if anyone is interested.
For starting, I soaked 4 Master Kush and 3 Ghost Train Haze. 3 Kush popped, one a mutant, and all # GTH made it.
This is a late start journal, the GTH are 6 weeks from seed, and the MK is 5 weeks.
Lets try a pic.
100_6656_2_.jpg
100_6658_2_.jpg

yeah. id keep them at least 2ft. away till' they got used to the leds. i burnt my 1st grow by moving my lights from 24in. to 12in. and they were sprouted under the leds. they don't have heat like hids but light of leds are very concentrated. how bad you burn them?

Right now I have my led roughly 24 in off the top of my plants . I have cree cxb 3070s and 3590s.
I'm running an amare technologies se250 and a amare technologies pro4. And 24 is perfect for them . Just be careful. Your lst looks to be on point . Has they start the bend and grow up tie those bitches back down. I run mine into a circle or more like a horseshoe. If you know what I mean.
I'm running dwc buckets right now and can't for the life of me figure out how to lst on top of the lids. Because I have to life the plants out of the buckets to do Rez changes.

hey Joey, pleased to meet you. I kicked around the idea of topping, but setteled on lst only. You get to play with them more!
After seeing what happened with the light too close, I checked out the manufacturers recommendations. 46" for seedlings!
real lucky they survived. I'm now at 28".

Nice to meet you too mate, ah yeh cool ill keep them away then.... raise as i got and lower as i go (milk crates)

if you're starting seedlings under leds, id start at 3ft. till you see them start to stretch. then id move them down 6in. at a time till the stretch stops. closest i put mine now is 18in. once they're full grown and they grow great. i have 2 600w viparspectras. bigger units, id keep them back like 2ft. good luck!

Ok, time to up pot, (I hope)
I'm going to a 7 gal wide top to give me plenty of room to lst.
100_6683_2_.jpg

first a little prep work. I'll add some ventilation to the pots.
100_6687_2_.jpg

Next I'll fill the pots above the factory drains with crushed rock for added drainage.
100_6688_2_.jpg

After moistening my mix, I'll fill with soil and form around the pot for this girls final resting place.
100_6690_2_.jpg

Now the moment of truth, is my timing right?
100_6691_2_.jpg

Sweet! She looks right on the money to me.
And she's done. Five more to go, I'm hoping they all work out like this.:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom