Slowpuffer's 1st Run With High Brix

Sorry I missed the first page! :Namaste:

Yep, you've been doing it wrong, and you've ended up without enough water rinses. And look how they turned out! :laughtwo: They look great! So much for the rigid schedule, eh?

So, anyway, I'd be tempted to wait another week to get the Transplant drench in, but ... they look great! Just do a good water soak with Tea and 1/4 Transplant, then do the Cat switch. They're humming right along.

:thumb:
1/4 trans & tea-done. 4 days for now they will be lite again and ready for their 1st cat. This is the sour diesel & blueberry. GTHaze wont be ready for couple more days. They're taking 6 days between drenches, SD&BB is taking 4 days.

Thanks for the tag Ween, on the CAT drenches, I tend to do it on the early side. I make sure to give lots of transplant in veg and a good drench with it at transplant. The thing is it isn't going to matter a whole lot when you do it. It's a preference thing. I suggest do one now and one later, you won't mess anything up. Even if you get some fade, the end product will still be superior. The main thing is to alternate drenches with 1 plain or 1/4 trans watering in-between. I do plain water between drenches and I'm not one that adds tea to plain water. I don't see anything wrong with it but I don't think it's needed so I save some product. I always do CAT's at 1ml/gallon of soil, larger doses haven't shown me anything that says that's a good idea. The original timing for CAT drenches was at bud set (after about 3 weeks), it has shifted to a little later for most folks and I don't know why. I've tried them late and even as early as first pistols and I still think that end of 3rd or beginning of 4th week is best for me. No matter how many times you ask or who you ask about CAT's, you're going to get varying answers so just try and learn what each product does to your plants and adjust as you observe.
neikodog, Do you mean do one cat now, then do another cat later on ? And what is the reason you do this? I did a 1/4 tran & tea drench last night, so I'm 4 days from 1st cat.

I meant start the back to back CAT French's on 1 plant now and do the other plant later.
O ok neikodog, I got it now !! I’m a little slow sometimes, especially after smoking !! In my case I think all 8 are ready. If it wasn’t for the quality, it’s not worth growing now. I can buy oz for 150, that’s down from 380, before legalization. :surf:

Foliared the ghost train haze today. Like I said before, these are drinking slower than the sd&bb. They seem to be stacking ok, but I'm concerned about their droopy looking leaves. From the get go, all the way thru veg and up till now, they've drooped, like they're over watered. And last time they got drenched, the leaves were in full wilt, and pots still had some weight?? They are starting to smell, and It's all good !!
Getting our 1st. good sized frost tonight. Wont be long till that white stuff starts flying !! my favorite time of the yr. !!

Day 36 form 12/12. 4 SD&BB got cat drenched tonight. 3 oz cat & 6ml tea in 8 gal tap water. Each 10gl bag got two gl. picked of a few yellow leaves off each plant, 4-5 each plant. Rotated each pot 180deg. Trying to make sure the light from the 630w CMH gets distributed sorta equal. These were to big when I started them on 12/12. I've got the light wired to the top, to gain maybe 10 inches. I'll remember this strain, for sure. Monsters !! Very unruly !! Here's a couple of pics., and I know, I was a little late on the 1st cat, but we'll see ??

So I realize i should do a water before 1st cat, but the way shit has worked out, I don't think there's time. So today they're getting their 1st. cat drench, although last drench was A GI drench. 3oz. cat & 8ml tea, in 8 gl tap water, 2gls. to each 10 gl bag. We'll see what happens ?? They were just starting to wilt, after 6 days since last drench. supposedly, this is another 9-10 week strain ?? End of week 5 today !! 1/2 way home, pics. will follow .

Durban poison. 12 days old from seed. The little one is like 6 days! Hope I didn't plant Them to early. Both the strains that I'm growing now is supposedly 9-10 week bloom, so I waited 3 weeks, after start of 12/12 and then dropped the seeds. :passitleft:I could slow down the Durban by quadlining them, but I really don't have room for 8 quad-

ed plants in an 4x4 tent ?

Did the 2d. cat drench tonight on the 4 SD&BB. I gave each 10gl. bag, 2gl., all down the top. I used 100ml. cat & 8 ml. tea, in 8 gl. tap water. I think the yellowing on the under growth has stopped. These 4 are stacking nicely, and I'm very happy with their general health. My son in law brought me a 1/4 of weed today, and let me just say, it don't compare to doc bud grown weed. Over dried, not cured long enough, and for sure not washed at harvest. Hope i don't sound ungrateful !! :rofl: Hope I'm not sounding like a doc bud weed snob ?? Anyhow, SD&BB 2d. cat, is in the record !! I'll take pics tomorrow.

Hi slowpuffer,

Your plants is lookin great! I was wondering if you'd go back to coast of maine blend? I saw a pallet of their stuff at a local shop and it caught my eye. I thought it was really cool since im from maine too lol. I noticed you made a grow journal for that and didn't seem too pleased with the harvest. Although im also wondering how was the buds you smoked from coast of maine blend? i take it you may have not been pleased with the smoke test either. ?

hope you have a great weekend!

The 4 GThaze got 2d. cat drench today, at day 40 of 12/12. 80 ml cat/8mls tea/8gl. tap water. Each 10 gl. bag got two gl, down the top. No runoff .
Also gave the 8 one gl bags , with the Durban poison their 1st drench, at day 15 veg.. 5ml tea, mixed into 4 gl. of 125ppm tap water. watered each plant, till runoff. They got 3-4 node now. Will top when they get 7 nodes. I'm going to quadline them
Hi slowpuffer,

Your plants is lookin great! I was wondering if you'd go back to coast of maine blend? I saw a pallet of their stuff at a local shop and it caught my eye. I thought it was really cool since im from maine too lol. I noticed you made a grow journal for that and didn't seem too pleased with the harvest. Although im also wondering how was the buds you smoked from coast of maine blend? i take it you may have not been pleased with the smoke test either. ?

hope you have a great weekend!
Coast of Maine super soil worked good, but ran out of gas 1/2 way thru. if I was going to go down that road again, I would start using a compost tea, at about week 5 of bloom, or before. The shop where I bought the COM assured me that water was all that would be required, start to finish. You can't contact COM for any information or they never answered any of my attempts. But all in all, It grew a fine crop, but yield was not good. At that time, I thought it was the best weed I'd ever grown. But while we were still using up the COM weed, my 1st. crop of doc bud kit weed was harvested, which immediately relegated the COM weed to the status of 2d. best weed I've ever grown or smoked. 1st reason is kit weed is more potent. And while I wont say the taste is better, it's different and I like that difference !! #3- The yield was like double what COM yielded !! And bottom line is, if I need help, It's always available on doc buds thread, 24 hrs. a day !! This is actually my 1st. true kit grow, because my 1st. was contaminated with 2gl. root balls of COM super soil, but still thrived. And these 8 clones that i'm growing now came in Dixie cups of COM soil, but I'm not counting that !!
Yes, Docs method is a little more labor intensive, in that you most cook and store soil. And for me, the only room in my house warm enough to store the cooked soil, is in my tiny grow room, which already has 3 4x4 grow tents. :rofl: but all in all, I highly recommend doc buds gear, and I'll probably never grow another way. !! You will have difficulty, finding anyone that had a failed grow, using the kit. And if you find one , let me know, as I want to read that thread. :reading420magazine: And a nice weekend to you also !! Nice day in Berkshire Co. Ma. . :passitleft::surf:

Back
Top Bottom