Slowpuffer's 1st Run With High Brix

Damn, yes, that does look like PM ... :straightface:

I've only had it a couple times, with specific plants, and it wasn't hard to get rid of. Other growers seem to have more trouble. I just sprayed mine with some SNS product, I think it was SNS244?

Any chance it's foliar residue?

Do you have enough airflow under the canopy?

Yep, I afraid that is powdery mildew :confused:. Some plants are more susceptible to it than others. I've brought infected clones in before and had a couple plants catch it. I've heard a water:milk mix works but I went full nuclear with a Sulphur burner. If you go the Sulphur route be sure to remove or bag your lights, raise the humidity as high as you can (100% if you can) and run the burner 6-8 hours. That will kill all the PM. I would not keep any clones of the plants that were affected either or you'll be fighting it every round.

Damn, yes, that does look like PM ... :straightface:

I've only had it a couple times, with specific plants, and it wasn't hard to get rid of. Other growers seem to have more trouble. I just sprayed mine with some SNS product, I think it was SNS244?

Any chance it's foliar residue?

Do you have enough airflow under the canopy?
I have been using a bigger sprayer to foliar, so yes, that's probably my problem, because the nozzle doesn't allow a fine enough mist. Before I was loving the 8oz. eye glass cleaner solution bottles. But they plug up frequently, and they're not serviceable !! Now I'm dealing with a heavier spray, so I'm trying to spray from a distance, so it'll be a mist when it hits the plants. Instead of spraying 4 plants, with 4-5 ozs , now I'm using like 7-8 ozs. IAs far a ventilation underneith, I have none. I got two of the little squirrel fans, blowing down and across the light beam. Other than that, I just have the 6 in. exhaust fan, set on high. When I peek in thru the zipper, I see air, blowing the plants around . I went to local hydro store, and inquired what was the best, and this is what he recommended. I'll get up early tomorrow, 6am and spray them about 30 mins. befor the light goes off. This stuff needs to dry in dark. gray, I can tell by looking at the size these colas are now, that this will definitely be my largest yield to date. And we're out of smoke. If I have to trash these, you will see a grown man cry !! Thanks for your concern !!

It seemed like it could be drops puddling on the leaves, but don't dismiss PM unless you're sure. That stuff can travel fast!

PM should feel fuzzier than foliar residue. Residue will be a little gritty. Rub some off and test it, smell it, etc.

I keep a little 6 inch fan sitting on the floor, just blowing air around the pots.

Yep, I afraid that is powdery mildew :confused:. Some plants are more susceptible to it than others. I've brought infected clones in before and had a couple plants catch it. I've heard a water:milk mix works but I went full nuclear with a Sulphur burner. If you go the Sulphur route be sure to remove or bag your lights, raise the humidity as high as you can (100% if you can) and run the burner 6-8 hours. That will kill all the PM. I would not keep any clones of the plants that were affected either or you'll be fighting it every round.
So, you think these clones could have been infected ? I got them at about two weeks old, in Dixie cups. I'm pretty much convinced that the extra spray I've been using, might be my problem. And maybe beef up my circulation underneath. i'm going to spray this stuff on the GTHaze today, 1/2 hr before light out 6pm and the SD&BB tent that has the mildew will be sprayed at 6am tomorrow morn., 1 hr. before lights out. the product I'm using NorCal 86 mites + mold. Believe it or not, this is the 1st. time I've ever had PM. & up until I started with the kit, I'd never foliar sprayed. like i told Gray, I'll cry if i lose this crop !! Thanks Neiko !!

I seemed like it could be drops puddling on the leaves, but don't dismiss PM unless you're sure. That stuff can travel fast!

PM should feel fuzzier than foliar residue. Residue will be a little gritty. Rub some off and test it, smell it, etc.

I keep a little 6 inch fan sitting on the floor, just blowing air around the pots.
I'm ordering a couple more 6 in. fans, really tough growing on a fixed income. Fixed at the poverty level !! i did rub a little between finger, last night, and it seemed gritty? O, that would be wonderful, if It turns out to be over spray !!
Thanks Gray !!

I did sulfur burn which worked but the smell was very bad and it stuck around for a while. If I get it again, I might just consider chopping....? Maybe try the less toxic route first....?

:passitleft:
I don't have a burner, but I have smelled the aftermath of using one, and It's not a pleasant experience !! Gray thinks it might be over spray, won't know for sure till lights come on at 8pm. He says over spray is more gritty, and that's what I felt last night, when I discovered it !! Wouldn't that be just wonderful !! Hope things are good my friend !! :passitleft: :surf:

Ack. :straightface: That's a lot.

I can't convince myself that it isn't PM - it quacks like a duck.

:(

Ack. :straightface: That's a lot.

I can't convince myself that it isn't PM - it quacks like a duck.

:(
Yea, I hear you loud & clear Gray !! I'm going to wait till 6 am (1 hr before lights out) in morning, and take another look. How fast does PM advance. I got this bottle of NorCal 86 mite & mold, standing by !! Don't really want to spray anything on my buds, but I got no choice !! i'm about one month from chop, so maybe if I use this shit just long enough to clear it up, maybe there will be no residual taste in final product. It is a duck !! Thanks Gray !!

You need better advice than mine ... I saw @dynamo1 was recently around ... :hmmmm:

Ask on Doc's thread, too.

Ok guys, I got up at 6am and soaked them in Norcal 86. So now It's wait and see what happens. I don't

like the Idea of letting them sit in wet conditions for 13 hrs . We'll see what happens !! Neiko, I hear you on the sulfur burner, but I just can't swing it, at this time. Now I must go start another batch of kit soil, cooking !!

Ok guys, I got up at 6am and soaked them in Norcal 86. So now It's wait and see what happens. I don't

like the Idea of letting them sit in wet conditions for 13 hrs . We'll see what happens !! Neiko, I hear you on the sulfur burner, but I just can't swing it, at this time. Now I must go start another batch of kit soil, cooking !!

Id mail you my burner and sulfur IF I can find it but should be able to. If your grow is in your house you may want to avoid it....?

Neiko, Gray, is there anything else he can do to limp to the end and if he we're to harvest now, could that even be smoked?

Id mail you my burner and sulfur IF I can find it but should be able to. If your grow is in your house you may want to avoid it....?

Neiko, Gray, is there anything else he can do to limp to the end and if he we're to harvest now, could that even be smoked?

Back
Top Bottom