Slowpuffer's 1st Run With High Brix

Slowpuffer

Today is day 1 of soil cook, so I'll start journal here. not exactly sure what lights will be used yet. I had been using a Sun 315w lec cmh and a 430w Hortilux brand, but the Hortilux shit the bed after about 6 years. So last night, I had to move my current grow into another tent, with 630w lec cmh light. Good light, but the bulbs are in old age condition. But I figure that since plants are at day 62 bloom, and are swelling now, that they'll finish ok. they are also in doc buds kit soil, but were transplanted with 2 gal. super soil root balls. They took to the kit soil, and grew fast and furious, and looks like a nice harvest coming. I will do the last GE drench tomorrow night. I have not sampled it yet, as I'd rather not be smoking fish guts and worm poop. But colas are good size and very compact. Wife & 1 are smoking the same weed (inzane in the membrane), harvested two weeks ago, in super soil. Very tasty !! So I guess we can say these are DBHBK plants, with an extra two gl. organic root ball. They are drinking every 4 days now, and last watering was 6 gl. tap water with 6ml tea. One gl. in tray, 1/2 gl. down the top. I was going to use Trans drench next and then the GE, but I don't know if i got that long of a window? i went 11.5 weeks in super soil, using 12/12 photo period. Tomorrow is end of week 9, under 11/13, so I'm not sure how much time I have, as I've never used 11/13 before, but I'm sure I should expect a shorter grow.
We will be shutting down after this coming harvest, as it's just to much for us to run AC during summer mos. and with this harvest we have curing now, and the one being harvested, I think we're set till about Thanksgiving . I did drop a seed into kit soil, yesterday, and I'll clone that at some point, and have some solid kit root balls ready to go when summer is over. But hoping to come up with more seeds. Hope everyone's grow is green !!

Just found your duplicate thread here...
:goodluck:

I find my thread, but for some reason, the title is missing ? I know I was stoned on my ass last night, when I posted it, but tell me where I went wrong? :passitleft:

!! :passitleft:

There is this thread titled "I" and the other with the full descriptive title...

Glad we have the GH..weather is still wet and cold...

There is this thread titled "I" and the other with the full descriptive title...

Same here buddy. rains about 3 times a week. Can't even get the deck painted.

So I changed my mind and gave them a T drench, instead of planned GE. So 50ml trans drench & 7ml tea, in 6 gal filtered tap water. 1 gal in tray, 1/2 gl. down the top, four 10 gl. fabric bags. all looks good, except I got some fox tailing going on ? I plan on harvesting in about two weeks.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long? 63 days bloom
Indoor or outdoor? in
Soil or Hydro?doc buds kit
If soil... what is in your mix?DBs amendment package, 3.8 cu ft. bail promix BX, 2 gal perlite, 30lbs. EW castings
If soil... What size pot?10 gl. fabric bags
Size of light?630w lec cmh
Is it aircooled?no
Temp of Room/cab?averages about 80-83 light on and 68-74 light off.
RH of Room/cab? 45-55%
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?not yet.
How often are you watering?every 4th day
Type and strength of ferts used?DBHB kit

Still cold around Western Ma. !! And rains every other day !! Pissing me off now !!

What strain is it? Inzane in the membrane.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long? 63 days bloom
Indoor or outdoor? in
Soil or Hydro?doc buds kit
If soil... what is in your mix?DBs amendment package, 3.8 cu ft. bail promix BX, 2 gal perlite, 30lbs. EW castings
If soil... What size pot?10 gl. fabric bags
Size of light?630w lec cmh
Is it aircooled?no
Temp of Room/cab?averages about 80-83 light on and 68-74 light off.
RH of Room/cab? 45-55%
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?not yet.
How often are you watering?every 4th day
Type and strength of ferts used?DBHB kit

I’m going to eliminate the 430w hps, in favor of another 315w lec cmh 3100. so then I'll have 630w lec cmh in each 4x4 bloom tent. Would like to upgrade to leds, but can't swing it yet. Not easy being retired and not able to work. I never planned on living this long !! :laugh:
Docs kit soil is in tubs, and will cook for 5-6 weeks. Today is end of 1st. week. When I got my 1st. kit, I was thinking that it was going to be more work, than it actually is. Actually, this is the easiest method, that I've ever used. Thanks to my Son in law for carrying the bail of pro mix up my flight of stairs !! I was going to half it, and make two trips, but he set it up there in one shot. :thanks:My old ass would have been dragging with 1/2 that bail !!
Really haven't decided which strain, will be used for this grow, I'm shopping. No hurry, as I don't want to germinate till about middle of July, so by last of August, temps will be back to where I can grow without using AC . I want to grow some good indica, but understand it is not the best suited for kit soil. At least, I want to get away from this 11.5 week strain, and go back to a 8-9 week strain. My mind keeps wanting to taste blue dream grown with the kit. As a matter of fact, i can hardly wait to smoke this, Inzane in the membrane, partially grown with the kit. About two more weeks !!:nomo:

We been waiting for things to happen. I've been given 4 ghost train haze & 4 sour diesel & blue berry clones. So the soil has cooked for over 30 days, and the clones will be delivered around the 12th. both these strains are sativa dominate, but finish in 8-10 weeks bloom. I plan to veg till about the last of August. Trying to do this without much AC use, just fans.
I did harvest the Inzane in the membrane strain, and expected, It's overwhelmingly, the best weed I've ever grew and quite possibly, the best weed I've ever smoked. This is at about 5 days burping once a day, so It's going to be even better. I'm lucky, in that i just recently harvested 4 of same strain, grown in Coast of Maine Stonington blend super soil & It was the best I've grew and is nice smooth smoke, with no cough. Then we chopped this, and the COM super soil weed is all of a sudden just sitting up there on the shelf, because it will never compete with this DBHBB grown weed. Much better taste and is now after 5 days burping, mellowing into the smoothest, tastiest, weed, that I've personally ever smoked and that's saying a lot. it's also noticably more potent than the super soil weed. Kind of sad that it took 76 almost 77 years, to find the best way to grow my weed. Thank you Doc bud for doing all the work !! Like I said, this grow was not a proper hi brix grow, but the COM two gl. rootballs didn't miss a stroke, after transplanting to kit soil. I'm very happy with the end results and can't wait to plant the ghost train haze & SD & blue berry, directly into 1st. run kit soil.

Received the clones today. 4 sour diesel & blueberry & 4 Ghost train haze. After consulting with my main man, Dugan, I will be transplanting these into 1 gl. Bags of 1st run kit soil, tomorrow. So it’s like getting a family back. I’m not happy if I don’t have something growing. I also was also given 4 Durban poison fem. seeds, which I’ve been wanting to do, for awhile now.

So, I transplanted into kit soil, on the 13th.. These clones started life in an aero cloner, and moved to pint size cups of Sohum super soil. They had been in there for like a week when I got them. They were moved to 1 gl. bags, of doc buds high brix kit soil, next day after receiving them. so they have been in kit soil now for like 3 weeks. July 25, at day 12 they got 1.5 oz GE and 5ml tea, in 5 gl. of filtered tap water GE drench. Had a little left over and dumped it in my grape tomato plant. Which brings me up to date. Tomorrow will be 9 days, since the GE drench and they are ready for TDrench. They also will start high brix foliar tomorrow. I been really lax, on this journal, but it's been too hot & uncomfortable to to anything. I got enough kit soil, to transplant into 4 10 gl bags, and started a new batch today. I figure we'll be down to feeding these 1 gl bags once per day, by last week in August, and by then, I'm hoping the weather is cooling down. These pics were taken yesterday.

So tomorrow will be 1 month since transplanting into the 1 gl. bags of DBHBB kit soil. Although all plants of both strains are healthy, I'm changing my feeding schedule, to comply with doc buds instructions. I haven't been giving them water, or water with 1/4 dose transplant, in between drenches. So yesterday, I gave a 1/4 dose transplant drench, on the 7th day since last drench. The 4 sour diesel & blueberry, are growing at twice the rate , as the 4 ghost train haze. I may have to flip the SD&BB, before the haze, because, I'm playing in a 7 foot tent. Tomorrow they'll be one month in kit soil and 6 weeks overall. , and I'll be 77 !! Pics will be coming !! i'm surprised that they're not drinking more ? Most recent watering was at one month in kit soil and it took 7 days for the bag to dry, hopeing next watering will be in like 4 days !! no big rush, except there's a possibility that wife & I could run out of stash, before next harvest !! I don't really get to thrilled, till I'm looking at white tips!!
Hope everyone is having a good outside grow, I miss my outside grow. Next yr., I'm gonna try and start one using kit soil !!
Top pic is Sour diesel & blueberry.

Transplanted the 4 Sour Diesel into their 10 gal final smart pots today. Each bag got 2 gal 130ppm filtered tap water, which sets for 3 days before using. I added 45ml of transplant drench & 4 ml tea, to each 3 gl. of water. I've changed to all top watering. I loved feeding from the trays, but I'm thinking these fabric bags are filtering nutrients from the drenches, I want the plants to get it all. Anyone ever grow or smoke either of these strains ? So at 8 pm tonight, these will start 12/12, and this is date I use as start of bloom. Couple quick pics of ladies, all wilted and sad looking. The 630w CMH LEC will wake them up at 8 pm. Got two new bulbs and ready to shine. Will spray with de-stress tonight, if they look like they need it

So, on the 2d., we lost the light in the SD & blueberry tent for 36 hrs, so we're hoping they aren't going to hermie ? Only time will tell ? And on the 1st., I started the 4 Ghost train haze into 12/12 cycle. the 4 SD & BB developed yellow tops, while in the dark. Here's most recent pics..

The ones with the cages are the ghost train haze. They're about 1/2 size of the SD&BBerry.

So the ghost train haze got hi brix foliar sprayed today. They're a slow grower, so far. The 4 SD & BBerry are twice as bushy and have more vigor ! The main branch is healthy, but the side branches don't seem to want to grow !! And they have been like this since day one.

So on (9/10/2019), which was yesterday, the 4 SD & BBerry got foliar sprayed with hi brix formula. then I got to lifting the 10 gal bags and found it time for a drench. I used the TD when I transplanted 10 days ago, so I'm assuming I should use the GE drench this time, so that's what I did, at 75ml & 7ml tea, in 5gl. of filtered tap water. I also gave each 10gl. bag 125g recharge mixed into a pint of EWC. Topped off all bags with 1st. run soil.
I installed the wire cages on two of them, and will get 2 more cages tomorrow. I'm gonna have a difficult time keeping these 4, in the playing field. And I still got 10-11 more days of stretch !! So I'm tying them to the cages in a bent over position, so now, the light is now hitting them from the sides, which I don't like. I vegged longer than planned, waiting for soil to cook, but I didn't expect these Andre The Giant type plant's, like these SDBB !! They are monsters !! the red veins in stalks are gradually turning to green. Very healthy plants !! only thing I've did different was upping my drenches from 10ml per gl., to 15ml (Thanks Duggan !!) . These pics. are 1 day old.

Back
Top Bottom