Slylikeafox Promix Soil Cali/OG Kush 70% Sativa - 2018

slylikeafox

2 seeds Cali OG Kush + Haze 70% Sativa
2 seeds Durban Poison 60% Sativa
2 seeds Green Crack Mainly Sativa

Currently 7 days after sprouting (pre seedling)

Indoor
Soil Promix
3in pot size plastic and peat pots
Mar II 1200w LED aircooled
Cabinet temp 72-78c
RH 30-65%
Media PH 7
Currently watering 2 times daily 50-75ml/watering
IMG_191237.JPG
IMG_190232.JPG
IMG_193335.JPG
IMG_193641.JPG
IMG_193233.JPG

Day 13 of my first grow and things are looking good.

biggest thing ive noticed so far is the Plants in Peat are about 1/2 the size of the solo cup plants. all seem to be strong with good red stems. I think the issue is with watering as the peat dries out faster. Also i have never saturated the soil since i started them. today i did a simple test to see what the saturation of the different cups was.

Peat pots took 140ml of water before water started out the bottom. i usually give them 75ml approx 2x/day

Solo cups took about 160ml water. Same with the peat pots they usually get 75ml but they stay moist longer.

Now to give them time to grow.
Day13feb11day8ag_1_.JPG

Ive added a color code for my beauties

Pink = Cali OG Kush+Haze
Salmon = Durban Poison
Green = Green Crack
Day13feb11day8ag_3_.JPG

I know that im not quite ready for nutes yet but thought better to be prepared.

i will be using GO nutes

When should i start them?
Whats a good Schedule for soil?
Whats a good mixture?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hey Sly, looking really good so far!! Digging the strains your growing, in fact, I wanted to order the Durban Poison but would have had to order through a different company than the one I already had my lineup through. Can't wait to see how she turns out, did you get feminized or regular seeds?

I like to keep my sprouts under a humidity dome for the first 2/3 weeks to help keep the RH up and to slow the evaporation from the small pots, this would really help with keeping those peat pots from drying out so quickly. You could def start with nutes at 1/4 strength or lower and slowly bump it up. GO nutrients should have a feeding chart to go with what ever media and nutrient line you are using.

Keep up the good work!:rollit::passitleft:

Morning Jaye

All my seeds are feminized. thought since this was my first i would try at least for females. will definitely do the humidity dome trick for the next round to see if that makes a difference.

I replanted yesterday and added Promix root enhancer. although i did 1/2 what they said and only gave each plant about 350ml of the enhanced water. which for the size pot is about 1/2 what is recommended.

How did you like the SOG method? i have been trying to decide if i am just going to let them grow with pruning or try the SOG

any tips

Thanks for the help

Yesterday i transplanted all 6 into 6-8" pots.

I added 2ml of Promix Root Booster to 2 liters of water and gave each plant about 350ml of the enhanced water.

I added another 350ml of just plain water just to finish moistening the soil.

This morning they all look pretty good. Although one of the Durban has started twisting its leaves. will keep an eye on it. thinking it may be just coping with the transplant.
Day15feb13day10ag_3_.JPG
Day15feb13day10ag_6_.JPG
Day16feb1411ag_1_.JPG
Day16feb1411ag_3_.JPG

Any comments or ideas would be great.

Thank you all for participating

Morning Jaye

All my seeds are feminized. thought since this was my first i would try at least for females. will definitely do the humidity dome trick for the next round to see if that makes a difference.

I replanted yesterday and added Promix root enhancer. although i did 1/2 what they said and only gave each plant about 350ml of the enhanced water. which for the size pot is about 1/2 what is recommended.

How did you like the SOG method? i have been trying to decide if i am just going to let them grow with pruning or try the SOG

any tips

Thanks for the help

My first attempt at SOG started with 6 plants and one didn't make it and I gave 2 away to a friend. I also topped them and let them veg too long, at the end I would say I could really classify it as a SOG grow lol. I think that my current grow more closely identifies as SOG.

You seem to have plenty of room in your tent and if it was me I would look into LST them to really get them to produce as many bud sites as possible or at least top them.

Yesterday i put the seedlings under a dome as per recommendations given and i must say they have grown quite a bit last night compared to normal. I will keep them there for the next 5-7 days and see where that takes me. i will definitely look more into the LST method.

Thanks for the advice Jay!

Cali OG Kush + Haze
Day17feb1511ag_7_.JPG

Durban Poison
Day17feb1511ag_5_.JPG

Green Crack
Day17feb1511ag_3_.JPG

Nute Line up From Stinky.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS SCHEDULE

PRODUCTS NEEDED:
GH Flora Grow
GH Flora Bloom
GH Flora Micro

WEEKLY FEEDING SCHEDULE: Once per week. Per 4l of water!!!!!

Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom
Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom
Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom
Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Micro + 12ml Bloom
Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom
Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom
Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom
Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

Pretty much what i've read from lots of people.

Anyone with comments

Today was the first day with Nutes.

My 3 bigger plants i gave 400ml to each plant of week 1 solution. The 3 in peat pots i diluted the week 1 solution to 50% and gave them 400ml as well.

I did this as i believe i transplanted a week earlier than i should have. Damn NOOBEY!!!.

I think i should put up a sign telling myself not to touch. I feel like a new Father LMAO. (Im actually an 8x GPA)

Well hears to hoping i didn't screw them up
GC #1
Day18feb1612ag_1_.JPG

GC #2
Day18feb1612ag_2_.JPG

OG Kush #1
Day18feb1612ag_3_.JPG

OG Kush /2
Day18feb1612ag_4_.JPG

DP 1
Day18feb1612ag_5_.JPG

DP 2
Day18feb1612ag_6_.JPG

Well my beauties are now 2 weeks old and so far i haven;t killed them.

Nutes from yesterday had varying responses from the plants. the ones that were grown just in Solo cups liked the extra boost and i have seen them take right off this morning. Leaves almost doubled in size

The smaller ones that were grown first in Peat pots are for sure a few days behind their sisters. They are showing a bit of Nute burn, but so far i haven't killed them.

Have to love making mistakes that don't end up seriously hurting anything. In my books that's a cheap lesson. now just to be patient and let them grow.

Temp is steady at 82F during the day and dropping to 68F at night. RH is 55-60 daytime and 35 at night.

Some of the things I've learned so far in 2 weeks.

1. Be Patient and let them grow.
2. I won't use Peat pots again to start my seedlings. i found they inhibited the growth to the point the plants are about 4 days behind their sisters.
3. Add a humidity dome to the seedlings until they are 2-3 weeks old. Greatly increases the size of the roots and stems.
4. Don't transplant to early wait for the third leaf set ( i guess that could also be #1)
5. Don't Nute to early wait for the third leaf set. ( Ooops #1 again) That's when you get the 5 leaf almost complete and the 7 leaf starting to grow.
6. The height of your lights make a difference. I found that just 1" can stop the upward growth and cause your plants to grow outward. (they don't need to grow tall if you have your lights set closer, but not to close otherwise you burn the leafs. Play with the height.
7. Don't try to many things at the same time otherwise you won't know what went right/wrong
8. Invite people to participate in your grow. People love to give advice. Listen to them!!!!
9. And finally BE PATIENT/ Don't Panic ask questions.
GC #1
Day19feb1713ag_1_.JPG

GC #1 Side View
Day19feb1713ag_7_.JPG

DP #1
Day19feb1713ag_3_.JPG

DP #1 Side View
Day19feb1713ag_9_.JPG

OG Kush 1
Day19feb1713ag_5_.JPG

OG Kush 1 side View
Day19feb1713ag_8_.JPG

GC 2 with burnt leaves
Day19feb1713ag_2_.JPG

Well my beauties are now 2 weeks old and so far i haven;t killed them.

Nutes from yesterday had varying responses from the plants. the ones that were grown just in Solo cups liked the extra boost and i have seen them take right off this morning. Leaves almost doubled in size

The smaller ones that were grown first in Peat pots are for sure a few days behind their sisters. They are showing a bit of Nute burn, but so far i haven't killed them.

Have to love making mistakes that don't end up seriously hurting anything. In my books that's a cheap lesson. now just to be patient and let them grow.

Temp is steady at 82F during the day and dropping to 68F at night. RH is 55-60 daytime and 35 at night.

Some of the things I've learned so far in 2 weeks.

1. Be Patient and let them grow.
2. I won't use Peat pots again to start my seedlings. i found they inhibited the growth to the point the plants are about 4 days behind their sisters.
3. Add a humidity dome to the seedlings until they are 2-3 weeks old. Greatly increases the size of the roots and stems.
4. Don't transplant to early wait for the third leaf set ( i guess that could also be #1)
5. Don't Nute to early wait for the third leaf set. ( Ooops #1 again) That's when you get the 5 leaf almost complete and the 7 leaf starting to grow.
6. The height of your lights make a difference. I found that just 1" can stop the upward growth and cause your plants to grow outward. (they don't need to grow tall if you have your lights set closer, but not to close otherwise you burn the leafs. Play with the height.
7. Don't try to many things at the same time otherwise you won't know what went right/wrong
8. Invite people to participate in your grow. People love to give advice. Listen to them!!!!
9. And finally BE PATIENT/ Don't Panic ask questions.

Heya Sly. Looking real good in here. I like your list of grower lessons...something we all should read. And reps for running a pretty cool journal...very complete! Unlike mine :)

:peacetwo:

Good morning everyone

Today is day 3 of week 1 of the veg state.

Today i feed the plants again. the feeding was at 1/2 strength of week 1 nutes

the 3 #1s received 750ml this was just enough to have runoff at the bottom
The 3 #2s received about 500ml this was only because they seem to retain a bit more moisture.

The discoloration on the 3 #2s disappeared overnight so again i believe they just didn't like the bit of nutes i gave them on Friday

Next watering should be on Tuesday or Wednesday (about every 2nd Day). they will get just water this day

One thing i forgot to do on Friday was move the lights up. Its always good to look at your plants to see if they need anything, but you also need to control your grow area. lights were only 20" above the plants and manufacturer recommends 24"-30"

Temp for the day and night was between 70 night - 84f during the day. RH 35% night - 55% during the day.
GC #1
Day20feb18_day_3_week_1_veg_1_.JPG

GC #2
Day20feb18_day_3_week_1_veg_2_.JPG

DP #1
Day20feb18_day_3_week_1_veg_3_.JPG

DP #2
Day20feb18_day_3_week_1_veg_4_.JPG

Cali OG #1
Day20feb18_day_3_week_1_veg_5_.JPG

Cali OG #2
Day20feb18_day_3_week_1_veg_6_.JPG
:welcome::420:

Morning all

Its been a few days since last post.

Not much new to report. Girls are growing well no real issues.

I have been lifting the LEDs so they a bit higher than recommended from the manufacturer (26" vs 18-24") it seems to have helped a bit with the tight spacing of my nodes, but i can't tell for sure.

Has anyone else have issues getting their plants to grow taller vs wide using LEDs.

May try adding the bloom switch (added red spectrum for plant growth) Ideas? Thoughts?

Next question.

Is Cal/mag required for LED Grows? lots of information, but like always many different ideas on how things should work

On Friday when they are starting their 2nd week of veg i will do a little work with them as detailed below.

top all the # 1s and then do LST on them.

All the # 2s i will just LST them and see how they do.

If someone has a different idea let me know.

Thanks again for all the help

Well today i bit the bullet and topped all my #1 plants. heres to hoping i did it right. Plants were very stocky so there was not much stem in between each node!!! Well can't have everything.

The girls have been growing very well watering currently 2 times a week at about 1l at a time.

Any comments or tweeks let me know

Well i am in week 2 of my veg cycle and have just upped the nutes on all 6 plants.

Each received 1l per plant. this brought them just to saturation.
5ml grow
2.5ml micro
2.5ml bloom

The # 1s i topped yesterday are doing well. lots of new growth
The # 2s today i LSTed them. Definately better to start when the stems are slightly softer. this will help with bending. waited slightly to long so can't bend them like I think i should.
# 2s are growing netter now ( i think because they have finally pushed through the Peat pots they were originally grown in) won't use them again!!!!!

Now for pictures

Feedings were yesterday and today i went to look in on the girls and holy crap.

GC # 1 added growth like crazy.

The other 5 had good growth, but not like GC # 1
If they keep bushing like they are may be an issue getting through the growth Crazy!!

I think this is the time when most Noobys end up playing with the plants to much. Pretty tough to not touch when they are growing well. idle hands and all that haha.
GC #1

GC # 2

DP # 1

DP # 2

Cali OG # 1

Cali OG # 2

Hey Sly, looking nice bro. I am going to post some pics of the two different Cali OG Haze that I got....looks like you got two of the short fat ones. If it is the same as mine she is a keeper pheno bro. check my journal out for the Cali OG pics. I will post some pics in a few more days of the green crack too.

Back
Top Bottom