Sly's 1st Grow: Multi-Strain Autos In Coco With Dyna Gro Nutrients

Well, at last in the small tent I can run 8 in square containers in a 10x20 tray.That'll allow me to run 6 regular seeds and 2 femanized seeds so hopefully I end up with 4 or 5 females total to move to the large tent for up-potting to finish vegging and then to flower. I am trying for a perpetual setup at some point. RIght now I am running all autos of different strains so timing is going to be tricky.

We have liftoff. After placing them in the tiny humidity home Amnesia Haze and White Widow II have sprouted overnight and all the others are poking their seed caps through. Should have full germination soon if I'm lucky!

20191117_042619.jpg

On another related note, I re-mounted my exhaust fan and carbon filter outside the tent as to pull the air through as apposed to pushing it through to save valuable space inside the tent. After examining the situation more closely, I realized that I will have height issues at some point with taller strains so I figured it was time to re-engieer the fan/filter combo situation. I don't really worry too much about the smell, its more for climate control than anything.

Alright Sly! Good to see your beans popping. I'm currently running my autos at 20/4 first time I have knowingly ran an auto and penny has alot more experience then myself but so far so good.
:goodluck:
Thanks for stopping by @Curiousnoob and I appreciate it. While they are germinating I am running 23/1 to light fire under them. When I transplant them all to 3 gallon fabric pots filled with coco, I'll likely go 18/6. I will then start them off on tap water, clonex solution, and cal mag at 5.8 ph, and eventually switch them to the Dyna gro schedule below which I believe came from @Pennywise originally:

Dynagro Feeding Schedule.jpeg

I might add Dyna gro Bloom in this mix during the later stages of flower - not sure yet.

Ok i am about to learn something here , i have only used clonex on cuttings and just put the stems in it to get a callus and roots started on the branch , are you using it on seeds and for small seedling plants in veg also , if so what ppm do you use ? are you just adding it to plain water or with nutes also ?

Hey @NOOOBIENOT what I do is add it to my 5 gallon water jug at 5ml per litre along with cal mag for the first few days at the seedling stage.

Clonex gel and Clonex Solution are two different products. The solution is for the resivoir, while the gel is for cuttings.

I then ph it down to 5.8. I then buffer my coco with it. I water the seedlings for a 3-5 days after that using the same solution.

After that, I jump on the Dyna gro schedule and water 2x per day. Watering 2x per day makes the coco more and more like hydro IMHO.

You can use any other type of root stimulator when you transplant in place of the Clonex Solution for similar results.

What a PITA. I did not buy Canna coco this time which I am really kicking myself for now. I noticed that the runoff was brownish and then realized that it wasn't rinsed well. I just finished rinising it in warm water from the tap and now I have to re-buffer it with Clonex and Cal Mag at 5.8.

I imagine the coco will stilll have some 7.5'ish water from my tap still in it for some time but hopefully re-buffering will bring it to manageable levels. I think I'll run a minimum of 2 liiters through each 3 gallon fabric pot to get the situation under control.

Also, last time, when I had to go into the hospital, on my aborted "first grow" I ran 6 plants and it was very crowded. Even 5 is gonna be crowded. If some of these seeds don't pop up soon I am thinking of reducing the number to 3 or 4 total to keep the grow space more manageable.

What do you think? in a 2x4 am I pushing it with 5 plants in 3 gallons or am I just being too cautious?

What a PITA. I did not buy Canna coco this time which I am really kicking myself for now. I noticed that the runoff was brownish and then realized that it wasn't rinsed well. I just finished rinising it in warm water from the tap and now I have to re-buffer it with Clonex and Cal Mag at 5.8.

I imagine the coco will stilll have some 7.5'ish water from my tap still in it for some time but hopefully re-buffering will bring it to manageable levels. I think I'll run a minimum of 2 liiters through each 3 gallon fabric pot to get the situation under control.

Also, last time, when I had to go into the hospital, on my aborted "first grow" I ran 6 plants and it was very crowded. Even 5 is gonna be crowded. If some of these seeds don't pop up soon I am thinking of reducing the number to 3 or 4 total to keep the grow space more manageable.

What do you think? in a 2x4 am I pushing it with 5 plants in 3 gallons or am I just being too cautious?

Four plants can get very crowded in a 2' X 4' space. You'll need to carefully control the growth with any more than two plants. I don't think I'd try more with autos until I got to know the strain.

Four plants can get very crowded in a 2' X 4' space. You'll need to carefully control the growth with any more than two plants. I don't think I'd try more with autos until I got to know the strain.
I think I am going to cull this grow down to 2-3 plants. These were cheap auto seeds so I really don't care that much.

It settled now. I rinsed/buffered the coco in 5 gallons of ph'ed water with Clonex Solution and Cal Mag and decided that because I want to keep this grow as simple as possible, I'm culling it down to two plants.

I will just be running the Amnesia Haze and the White Widow. These are the first two that sprouted anyway.

20191117_084259.jpg

The one thing I remember distinctly about the first grow that I had to abort because I had to go into the hospital was that it was way too crowded.

I don't want that problem again. These were cheap seeds anyway so I am not too upset about wasting three of them (although I wish I hadn't).

Just give them a nice long veg and your yield should be fine.
These are autos so I cant control the veg/flower cycle, but I will run photos next time and then I'll veg them longer and possibly try my hand and quadlining them.

It settled now. I rinsed/buffered the coco in 5 gallons of ph'ed water with Clonex Solution and Cal Mag and decided that because I want to keep this grow as simple as possible, I'm culling it down to two plants.

I will just be running the Amnesia Haze and the White Widow. These are the first two that sprouted anyway.

20191117_084259.jpg

The one thing I remember distinctly about the first grow that I had to abort because I had to go into the hospital was that it was way too crowded.

I don't want that problem again. These were cheap seeds anyway so I am not too upset about wasting three of them (although I wish I hadn't).

Keep them growing if you haven't killed them yet. Just cull the poorest ones as you need the room.

Back
Top Bottom