Sly's 1st Grow: Multi-Strain Autos In Coco With Dyna Gro Nutrients

SlyTown420

Hi everyone. This is officially my first grow since I had to abort the last one due to medical reasons. I'm running five autoflowers in a 2x4x6 tent under 3 MARS 300W LED's. The strains I am running are all from one of our Sponsors, Dope Seeds.

What strain is it?
Amnesia (1)

Amnesia is typically a sativa-dominant cannabis strain with some variation between breeders. Skunk, Cinderella 99, and Jack Herer are some of Amnesia’s genetic forerunners, passing on uplifting, creative, and euphoric effects ideal for treating mood disorders. Growers should expect a 9-10 week flowering period with moderate yields. This strain normally has a high THC and low CBD profile and produces intense psychotropic effects that new consumers should be wary of.
Northern Lights (1)
Northern Lights stands among the most famous strains of all time, a pure indica cherished for its resinous buds, fast flowering, and resilience during growth. Itself a descendant of indigenous Afghani and Thai landrace strains, Northern Lights has given rise to famous hybrids like Shiva Skunk and Super Silver Haze. Rumor has it that Northern Lights first sprouted near Seattle, Washington, but was propagated out of Holland after 1985 at what is now Sensi Seeds. Pungently sweet, spicy aromas radiate from the crystal-coated buds, which sometimes reveal themselves in hues of purple. Northern Lights’ psychoactive effects settle in firmly throughout the body, relaxing muscles and pacifying the mind in dreamy euphoria. Comfortable laziness allows patients to relieve pain and sleeplessness, while its mellow contentment roots out depression and stress. Several different Northern Lights phenotypes circulate the market, but Sensi Seeds recommends a general indoor flowering time of 45 to 50 days.
NYC Diesel (1)
This strain provides strong cerebral effects that ease into a deep, full-body relaxation over time. A pungent lime and grapefruit aroma is the mark of a high quality batch, like those that won this strain five Cannabis Cup trophies in the early 2000s. NYC Diesel’s happy, talkative qualities make this hybrid a good choice for social activities and many anxiety-prone consumers praise it for its paranoia-free effects.
White Widow (2)
Among the most famous strains worldwide is White Widow, a balanced hybrid first bred in the Netherlands by Green House Seeds. A cross between a Brazilian sativa landrace and a resin-heavy South Indian indica, White Widow has blessed every Dutch coffee shop menu since its birth in the 1990s. Its buds are white with crystal resin, warning you of the potent effects to come. A powerful burst of euphoria and energy breaks through immediately, stimulating both conversation and creativity. White Widow’s genetics have given rise to many other legends like White Russian, White Rhino, and Blue Widow. Still, many growers prefer cultivation of the original White Widow, which flowers in about 60 days indoors.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
Hybrids and an Indica (Northern Lights)
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Seeds are soaking
Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
2x4x6 Tent
Soil or Hydro?
Hydro in Coco
Size of light?
3 x MARS 300W LED’s
Temp of Room/cab?
71 F - 81 F
RH of Room/cab?
40%-60%
PH of media or res?
Any Pests?
None
How often are you watering?
Watering 2x a day
Type and strength of ferts used?
Using Dyna-gro Foilage Pro. Pro-Tekt, Bloom, and Cal-mag at half strength roughly in veg and Clonex Solution in seedling stage at 5 ml per gallon.

I wanted to put together as simple a grow as possible which is why I chose autoflowers. I've got a pretty good seed stash going and after this, I'll try my hand at some high-stress training with photos from New420Guy Seeds, but for this run, it'll be Dope Seeds all the way and lollipop and supercrop till they're ready.

20191112_152435.jpg

Seeds are all soaking right now and tucked away in a dark spot.

20191112_154322.jpg

Since they are all autoflowers I wont be transplanting them at all, so I've setup 5 x 3 Gallon fabric pots in my large tent.

20191112_160834.jpg

There are a few guys here who helped me out a lot several months ago with the grow I had to abort so I'll call them in for help right away but everyone is welcome - the more the merrier.

@Pennywise
@InTheShed
@Grandpa Tokin
@Old Salt
@EastCoastGhost

I keep a pretty detailed journal and I'm on the forums most of the day since I work from home so expect good times. Puff puff pass...

I’m in Sly, White Widow was bred by Shantibaba who founded Greenhouse seeds. He had a partner Arjan. When Shanti sold his part of the company to Arjan he took his original genetics with him to Switzerland but he gave the names his strains to Arjan. Now Shanti sells the White Widow as Black Widow from Mr Nice seed bank. What Arjan started with was F1’s that everyone had access to. His first seeds he started selling were F2’s at best.

I’m in Sly, White Widow was bred by Shantibaba who founded Greenhouse seeds. He had a partner Arjan. When Shanti sold his part of the company to Arjan he took his original genetics with him to Switzerland but he gave the names his strains to Arjan. Now Shanti sells the White Widow as Black Widow from Mr Nice seed bank. What Arjan started with was F1’s that everyone had access to. His first seeds he started selling were F2’s at best.
That is very interesting and good to know.

So @Pennywise or others, while we're on the subject, what does F2, and BX1 and the others all mean anyway?

landrace - plants endemic to a geographical area (no hybridisation)
purebred - same as landrace
IBL - in bred line - cross of plants with almost identical genotypes (inbreeding)

P1 - first generation - parent
S1 - result of Self pollenated P1 plant
S2 - result of self pollenated S1 plant
Sn - result of self pollenated S(n-1) plant
F1 - hybrid result of two P1 plants, can be male and female, or a sex reversed plant
F2 - hybrid result of two F1 plants
Fn - hybrid result of two F(n-1) plants
BX1 - Back cross of an F1 with its female parent
BX2 - Back Cross of a BX1 with its female parent
BXn - Back cross of a BX(n-1) with its female parent
P1 - new strain (parent) resulting from breeding program

F1 seeds are used for their hybrid vigor
F4 & F5 when carefully bred are stable. These are used to create a new P1.

landrace - plants endemic to a geographical area (no hybridisation)
purebred - same as landrace
IBL - in bred line - cross of plants with almost identical genotypes (inbreeding)

P1 - first generation - parent
S1 - result of Self pollenated P1 plant
S2 - result of self pollenated S1 plant
Sn - result of self pollenated S(n-1) plant
F1 - hybrid result of two P1 plants, can be male and female, or a sex reversed plant
F2 - hybrid result of two F1 plants
Fn - hybrid result of two F(n-1) plants
BX1 - Back cross of an F1 with its female parent
BX2 - Back Cross of a BX1 with its female parent
BXn - Back cross of a BX(n-1) with its female parent
P1 - new strain (parent) resulting from breeding program

F1 seeds are used for their hybrid vigor
F4 & F5 when carefully bred are stable. These are used to create a new P1.
What is the difference between a hybrid and a back cross. For instance, I picked up some regular seeds of "Glue Cookies" that is listed as a BX1. So what most likely did they do to create these seeds?

a glue cookies(P1) was pollinated by a glue cookies(P2)
one of the offspring had desirable traits shared with one of its parents
that offspring is bred back with the parent, producing BX1

After soaking for 36 hours all of the seeds cracked and the taproots were showing so I moved them into rapid rooters.

I couldn't find my mondi dome so I made a makeshift humidity dome out of saran wrap I put a heat mat under them.

20191114_035929.jpg

I checked on my little girls yesterday and they are slowly making their way to the surface of the rapid rooters. One of them was growing upside down so I adjusted its trajectory. Hopefully we'll have some viable sprouts in a day or so. Th lack of a real humidity dome IMHO is making the process a bit slower. I've got a new mini 12-slot tray and dome coming in the mail today so I'll place them in there for the home stretch. I'd post a picture but no one wants to see 5 rapid rooters with no sprouts. I'll update with some pictures as soon as they break the surface, hopefully, in a day or two.

I have a n00b question. I picked up some seeds that are regular (not femanized) - Glue Cookies and Super Silver Haze - some nice strains.

What is the reason to buy regular seeds as opposed to femanized seeds if you are not looking for males? Are they more genetically pure?

Back
Top Bottom