SlyTown420's Budget LED Series 3+ Red Spec & Mars Hydro Multi-strain Auto Grow

SlyTown420

Introduction
Well everyone... this lockdown has turned me more to my hobby of growing. In the last few weeks I've upgraded the lights in all 3 tents, I've got ample room to grow 4 plants at a time - one in each small tent and two the large one. Each small tent was upgraded to a Mars Hydro TS600 and I put a Budget LED Series 3+ Red Spec 250 Watt Dimmable Grow Light at 3500K with an XL heatsink in the large tent.

Mars Hydro TS 600
●【HIGH EFFICIENCY WHITE LED LIGHT】Newest SMD LED technology provide highest PAR/LUMEN output(709umol@18"), designed to replace a single-ended 150watt HPS, Average 1.5g yield per wattage (power draw)
●【LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION GROW LIGHTING】Consuming only 100W with 240 LEDS! It saves up to 50% energy than other led grow lights. Perfect for 1.5x1.5ft,Max coverage 2x2ft. Over 90% light energy can be absorbed by plants; higher intensity and more even coverage in a MARS HYDRO grow tent.
●【SUNLIKE FULL SPECTRUM LED INDOOR GROWING】660-665nm Red IR/3200-4200Knm/5200-6800Knm, infinite close to natural light, best for all plants all stages growing, rapid plant response from seed to flower and increase yield & crop quality‎
●【HIGH REFLECTIVE & NOISE FREE-Fanless LED GROW SYSTEM】design will make your growing life easy and quiet, quickly heat dispersing material aluminum reducing light lost to aisles and walls, increase the light intensity up to 20%, allowing your plants receive more energy and without burning your plants for maximum headroom

Budget LED Series 3+ Red Spec 250 Watt Dimmable Grow Light
Our Series 3+ Red Spec 250 Watt Indoor LED grow light is designed to be the ultimate flowering unit while also being our highest PPE unit available. Each kit utilizes 2 of our custom designed & full spectrum LED boards with Samsung LM301H, LG UVA, Osram Deep Red 660nm, and Osram Far Red 730nm. Samsung most notably highlights that the LM301H diode carries a PPE of 3.03 μmol/J and includes anti-sulfurizatio .This unit is dimmable, with wattage output from 100 to 255 (+/- 5%) watts.

The Grow
I am running four autos at 18/6 in 5 gallon plastic pots using Canna coco and Megacrop with CALiMAGic.

Strains
I am growing strains from Fast Buds, Royal Queen and Backskull Seeds. Here's the details:

Royal Queen Seeds Jack Herer Auto
Royal Queen Seeds’ Jack Herer automatic is a an autoflowering cannabis strain created by taking the world famous Jack Herer strain and crossing it with royal automatic. Royal Jack Herer auto retains many of the traits of a sativa cannabis strain as it offers an uplifting high and a enchanting peppery aroma. Jack Herer is a great strain named after a great man. He was a tireless Cannabis legalisation activist and author of the book The Emperor Wears No Clothes, also called the Hemp Bible. He was a powerful voice in the Cannabis movement up until his death in 2010. The Jack Herer strain is equally powerful, a strong Sativa dominant with an uplifting high and a fresh peppery aroma. Jack Herer Automatic grows buds that are very similar to the original Jack Herer. However, as this strain is autoflowering, it can be grown almost anywhere. The plants will grow quickly and be ready to harvest in around 10 weeks. The main effect is an uplifting and creative Sativa high, but thanks to Jack Herer’s mix of Haze, Northern Lights and Skunk, this strain also gives you a relaxing Indica feeling. Jack Herer Automatic has a Haze-like, peppery aroma. Jack Herer Automatic will perform well in both indoor and outdoor grows, giving an average yield of around 40 to 70 grams per plant. It will not grow too tall, reaching an average height of 40 to 90 cm, which makes it ideal for smaller space. Royal Queen Seeds is proud to carry on the tribute to Jack Herer, the Emperor of Hemp, with this great autoflowering strain.

Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies Auto
Girl scout cookies
feminised seeds from Fast Buds is an incredibly potent Autoflowering cannabis strain from this pioneering new seedbank. Girl scout cookies feminised seeds is a Indica / Sativa cannabis strain which has the classic cookie taste and with a flowering time of 8-9 weeks from seed you will be storing away those rock hard buds in no time at all. Our rendition of Girl Scout Cookies is feminized and finishes in approximately 55 to 63 days. It grows tall, with its leaves unfolding like a fan, displaying a reddish orange color. Gradually, it is covered with bright white trichomes – a marvel indeed! There’s no need for great care, since the Ruderalis genes gives it stability. However, to optimize development, we recommend that your feeding schedule include extra amounts of nutrients compared to what you are generally accustomed to using. The plants will respond well with bigger bud development.

Blackskull Seeds Auto Pineapple Gum
Blackskull seeds auto pineapple gum is a super fruity auto strain based on the much lauded Pineapplegum strain. It gives of a wonderfully fruity aroma while packing on weight to thick greasy buds of the most potent quality! 8-9 weeks from seed. Auto Pineapplegum is the result of crossing Skull Ryder with Pineapplegum. We were looking to increase the crystal production within our range of autos and Pineapplegum added the necessary genetic traits. Many selections and refinements were made to find the fruitiest, most resinous plants and ensure 100% autoflowering. Auto PineappleGum exhibits vigourous growth right from the start and its indica dominant heritage means she produces squat plants with broad fan leaves. The first flowers will start to appear after around 18 days and will rapidly fill out into dense sticky buds. This strain takes a little longer than the original SkullRyder strain but the reward is a very sweet smelling plant that oozes with resin and glitters with THC crystals. As one would expect from the name the smoke is sweet and fruity with an exotic tropical aroma. The effect is classic Indica and will leave you with a severe case of the munchies and no desire to leave the sofa! It does not have the highest THC % but good levels of CBD make this a great strain for medical marijuana patients.

Fast Buds Gorilla Glue Auto
Gorilla Glue
auto feminised seeds from Fast Buds is a groundbreaking Autoflowering cannabis strain from this Autoflower only seedbank which is really pushing the limits of cannabis genetics. Gorilla Glue auto feminised seeds is a Indica / Sativa cannabis strain which gives off a sour lemon aroma and with a flowering time of 8-9 weeks from seed you will be be getting commercial yields in no time at all. Buy Gorilla Glue auto feminised seeds from dope-seeds.com today for the best prices online! This strain has a great history behind it. From its beginning, Gorilla Glue #4 was created by Joesy Whales and Mardogg. It won the 2014 SoCal and the Michigan HighTimes Best Hybrid so, since then, it has been considered one of the best hybrid strains you can grow. We had the opportunity of trying the Gorilla Glue #4 and we were very impressed with that strain; so, after getting the original clone of this awesome strain in a Californian event, we couldn’t resist to begin the research to incorporate it to our autoflower catalog. We used a clone of this champion and, on its basis, we have created our Gorilla Glue Autoflowering. The result is an outstanding strain that can reach the 24% THC level.

Current State
Right now the seeds have been socking for about 24 hours and the taproots are starting to show a little. Once the 'tails' get long enough I'll move them to rapid rooters.

20200424_094127.jpg

Watering a seedling in a 5 gallon is a nightmare. I was thinking of growing them in small square pots for 2=3 weeks and then up-potting them to 5 gallon using Great White. Is this a bad idea?

ultimately the answer to that question will be dependent on the strain, I think. You’ll be more able to get away with that kind of move with a strain you’ve grown a few times so you can get the plant into the 5 gallon before it flowers. Personally, I’d just deal with watering a large pot with a small plant in it. Autos have to set up fast and you don’t want anything to indicate to them that they’re stuck in a small space.

Ok found it, I’m in.
Glad to have you aboard the Auto Factory train!
I’ll watch these autos too Sly
Good to have you.
ultimately the answer to that question will be dependent on the strain, I think. You’ll be more able to get away with that kind of move with a strain you’ve grown a few times so you can get the plant into the 5 gallon before it flowers. Personally, I’d just deal with watering a large pot with a small plant in it. Autos have to set up fast and you don’t want anything to indicate to them that they’re stuck in a small space.
Any tips for watering a small plant in a large pot?

Go very slow and let the plant tell you when it wants more water. Don’t just keep adding water cause you feel like it’s been a while. When you add the small plants water in a ring a few inches away from the plant with the intention of sending water all the way down. Don’t water again with the intent of sending water all the way down until the pot is light. You can, however, water just a little as to only moisten the very top of the soil every 3 days or so. You don’t want the water/nute solution to go any deeper than a couple inches so be careful. You want to keep the soil moist on the surface so the plants top roots stay growing healthily.

Here's the lineup in my little seedling humidity dome that holds 12 roto rooters at max. I brought it out for a quick picture but its in a dark place right now until they sprout.

1) Blackskull Seeds Pineapple Gum 2) Fast Buds Gorilla Glue 3) Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies 4) Royal Queen Seeds Jack Herer

20200426_093523.jpg

Right now just the Gorilla Glue and Pineapple Gum have sprouted properly. The GSC root grew up instead of down in the roto rooter so it croaked. The Jack Herer is still not sproutng

Gorilla Glue looking like a champ
20200501_171851.jpg

Pineapple Gum almost free from shell entirely.
20200501_171900.jpg

I have been soaking seeds until I see a tails and then dropping them in roto rooter but the last two times I've had a high failure rate.
Not going to lie I feel like people make germing so much harder than it needs to be.. I soak in paper towel til tap root shows and throw it about a half inch deep in your medium.. I've never had a seed that showed tap root fail on me yet..

Not going to lie I feel like people make germing so much harder than it needs to be.. I soak in paper towel til tap root shows and throw it about a half inch deep in your medium.. I've never had a seed that showed tap root fail on me yet..
Next time Im doing this

Back
Top Bottom