SlyTown420's Perpetual Home Veg & Flower Tent Grow Journal: Join In Anytime!

Is this the real Alaskan Thunder Fuck?

• Yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

SlyTown420

Hey 420 Mag Readers,

I've been considering growing indoors using a tent for several years and after pulling three seeds from a bag of Alaskan Thunder Fuck this week, I decided that it was finally time to give it a try. It'll take some time before I can tell the sex of each but I know I've got at least a 50/50 chance that some will be feminine.

To start I dropped the seeds into a cup of water and after the tap root peeked out they were moved into soil-filled Dixie cups. In retrospect I should have moved them into clear 10-12 oz. plastic cups so that I could easily monitor propagation of the root system. I am still a little unclear when to transplant them into the 3 gallon net pots. Right now my plan is to move them after 2 weeks.

The babies are over an inch tall now (see pics) on the 3rd day and receive light 18/6 from a 40W desk lamp. This setup for germination and rooting is piss poor so I am looking forward to getting them under some real light soon.

Please give any advice or input on my planned setup if you have time. I've already purchased Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and Fox Farms Big Bloom (organic nute) along with 3 gallon net pots. In the next few days I plan to purchase:
  • 24x24x48 or 24x24x60 grow tent (closet grow)
  • 480W LED (Maxisun)
  • Fan, Thermostat/Humidistat
Is there any other equipment I should be considering? With this setup we plan to grow short to medium height plants and to LST or super crop/top as needed (once I learn properly). We'll likely use a small trellis net for a SCROG setup.

Also, I am watering using cheap bottled water since the tap water here is garbage. Should I be monitoring PH? From what I've read, bottled water + Fox Farms Ocean Forest + FF nutes administered on the recommended schedule has a very low probability of producing conditions that result in being out of acceptable PH ranges. Is this true?

The permanent watering schedule and feeding schedule are not in place yet since I've not fully studied that out. I've read of all kinds of schedules for watering but I am not sure how much water the 3 gallon net pots will need and if they'll be running off into the tent. Are there plastic trays built for these size square net pots? The Fox Farms nutrient schedule is crystal clear from their website so I am not worried about that--if anything I'll go with less than recommended. The amount of water and the frequency of watering is where I am cloudy. Right now I just water the babies a very little when they look dry.

I am super excited to start this grow off right. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Attachments

• cool grows.jpg
    cool grows.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 153
  • maxisun.jpg
    maxisun.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 158
  • fox-farms.jpg
    fox-farms.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 168
  • big-bloom.jpg
    big-bloom.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 160
  • day3.jpg
    day3.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 192
  • day3-3.jpg
    day3-3.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 185
  • day3-2.jpg
    day3-2.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 179
  • day3-4.jpg
    day3-4.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 155
:welcome:to the forum...

I don't think you'll be satisfied with that light. Consider the Mars Pro II Epistar 80 400w LED Grow Light, or Mars COB 300W Waterproof No Noise. There is a current discount code for members. @SmokeSara is their representative here, and may be able to get you a better deal.

You may also want to shop around the 420 sales which are sure to come up. Lights are usually the single most expensive item we buy to get started. Most of us regret out first purchase. Spend a little more, and you'll definitely get larger harvests.

Old Salt - Thanks for the advice on the MARS Hydro--I'm looking into it now.

Just a quick update: I moved the three babies from the super tiny Dixie cups into 16 oz. Solo cups with soil/peat moss. It would be awesome if I had some clear cups to watch root growth but I don't for now.

They are 3 days old now (see pics).

How long before I should move them into 3 gallon net pots? 14 days?

Attachments

• day3-transplant.jpg
    day3-transplant.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 147
I know the MARS Hydro has a great reputation but there are soooooooo many fake knock offs out there. The rep here can help with that I'm sure. Are you sure the Maxisun is a poor light by comparison?

Check this review out of the MAXISUN M480
Feb 17th 2017 - Colorado - PURCHASED A MONTH AGO AROUND Jan 20th 2017 AND WANTED TO WAIT TO POST A REVIEW.

This Light by far Surpasses The Many Other Grow LED's I've Bought. My Auto Flower Plants Love It. It Is Well Built From Solid Materials That Appear Are Going To Last A Long Time. It Barely Gets To 80 Degrees Fahrenheit, Almost Zero Additional Heat To My Small Grow Area. The Dimmers Are Perfect For Spectrum Optimization From Veg/Flower. The Footprint Is Nice And The Light Intensity Penetrates & Carries Well Through The Canopy Maintaining Par/Lux. As A Medicinal Grower Who's Energy & Quality Conscious, This Light Is Perfect. You Will Not Regret It.

-WELL PACKAGED
-QUIET FANS & COOL TEMPS
-DAISY CHAIN CAPABLE
-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION
-HUGE HEAT SINKS
-DIMMABLE AWESOME-NESS
-COVERS MANY SPECTRUMS
-NO DRASTIC INCREASE IN ELECTRIC BILL
-APPEALING 2 YEAR WARRANTY

Attachments

• 71hT2geOHaL._SY88.jpg
    71hT2geOHaL._SY88.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 155
Old Salt - Thanks for the advice on the MARS Hydro--I'm looking into it now.

Just a quick update: I moved the three babies from the super tiny Dixie cups into 16 oz. Solo cups with soil/peat moss. It would be awesome if I had some clear cups to watch root growth but I don't for now.

They are 3 days old now (see pics).

How long before I should move them into 3 gallon net pots? 14 days?
Hi slytown, you can let them get as wide as the pot. Another way is when you have to water every day, Check out the watering link in my sig for some reading there.
I wouldn't concern yourself with other things yet. Improvements will come when you figure its time.

I know the MARS Hydro has a great reputation but there are soooooooo many fake knock offs out there. The rep here can help with that I'm sure. Are you sure the Maxisun is a poor light by comparison?

Check this review out of the MAXISUN M480
Feb 17th 2017 - Colorado - PURCHASED A MONTH AGO AROUND Jan 20th 2017 AND WANTED TO WAIT TO POST A REVIEW.

This Light by far Surpasses The Many Other Grow LED's I've Bought. My Auto Flower Plants Love It. It Is Well Built From Solid Materials That Appear Are Going To Last A Long Time. It Barely Gets To 80 Degrees Fahrenheit, Almost Zero Additional Heat To My Small Grow Area. The Dimmers Are Perfect For Spectrum Optimization From Veg/Flower. The Footprint Is Nice And The Light Intensity Penetrates & Carries Well Through The Canopy Maintaining Par/Lux. As A Medicinal Grower Who's Energy & Quality Conscious, This Light Is Perfect. You Will Not Regret It.

-WELL PACKAGED
-QUIET FANS & COOL TEMPS
-DAISY CHAIN CAPABLE
-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION
-HUGE HEAT SINKS
-DIMMABLE AWESOME-NESS
-COVERS MANY SPECTRUMS
-NO DRASTIC INCREASE IN ELECTRIC BILL
-APPEALING 2 YEAR WARRANTY

I'm very leery of reviews. Too many of them are written by company reps, or paid reviewers. I like to see a mixed bag of many positive and negative reviews, weighted towards the positive.

I'm very leery of reviews. Too many of them are written by company reps, or paid reviewers. I like to see a mixed bag of many positive and negative reviews, weighted towards the positive.

Yeah, the more you bring this up the more I am convinced to go MARS Hydro--at least I KNOW it works well for the intended purpose.

I agree with old salt, Mars hydro would be a much better light. I started off with a Mars 1200 in a 4x4 tent and I was well pleased with their light for the money ✌

My tent is just a 2x2x5ft. The Mars Pro II Epistar 80 400w LED Grow Light looks perfect.

Hi SlyTown420, welcome to :420: I am sure you will enjoy the growing and learning here with everyone else. :circle-of-love: For your space, Mars pro II 80 is the best choice since your space is not big, and the Mars pro II 80 will give you enough light, also not that hot for the small space. :D The reflector cup design mixed the spectrum which will help your plants get more blanced lights, and growing great! :circle-of-love:

Buy from official website you get cheapest price, since eBay and Amazon pays commission, so price is higher, what's more, you get 3% discount with the coupon code: MarsHydro. We will ship lights within 24 business hours, and usually light arrives around 3~5 business days. :)

Buy from official website you get cheapest price, since eBay and Amazon pays commission, so price is higher, what's more, you get 3% discount with the coupon code: MarsHydro. We will ship lights within 24 business hours, and usually light arrives around 3~5 business days. :)

Wow. Thank you SO MUCH!!!

I've got these I've got these four-day-old seedlings under a very crappy light right now. As you can see in the photo, they keep reaching for the sky. I am assuming this is because of a lack of good light.

What do you think?

Is there is there anything I can do 2 keep them from legging around everywhere while I wait on some better lighting?

Attachments

• 20190408_070818.jpg
    20190408_070818.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 149
Back
Top Bottom