Small Backyard Garden With Various Strains & Methods & More

Hi all, and thanks for the encouraging words :)

Here are the buds from the large white widow auto grown in the planting bed. Pretty bushy.
This is 1lb 6oz (24 oz) wet trimmed, so maybe 6oz cured bud. Not bad for a 12 week plant.

There were only some isolated spots of powdery mildew on bigger leaf surfaces only. So I could pretty easily separate the buds and get the pm out, then trim down and separate the flowers to trim and assess. There were a couple brown dried out buds, like maybe there had been some rot or a build up of the bacillus foliar. No unusual bug damage, I found one little worm.
So all in all a healthy plant. Nirvana seeds did not have this as outdoor recommended, but it did fine for me here.

Here are the buds after a little wet trim.

Here's the structure of the plant. I fimmed it on the fifth node. I didn't get more branching at that point but got a lot of lateral branching. I did very little training, most of the spread was on its own. Next time I will top it cleanly and avoid that weak middle meristem. It's got good balance and symmetry. I put the clipper on the node where it was topped, the bigger clippers are about how tall it was when clipped.

As a side not, here are my other autos. If I was going to top them it might be too late except for the smaller youngest tangerine.

Bubba kush auto. Growing too slow to top.

Two bubbas and a tangerine, the youngest, in the middle.

I'll post some pics of the other WW after I trim it today.
Hasta luego buds.

heres what I got from the small widow in the container.
It's about 4oz wet, so if that's an ounce dry that's what the smaller indoor WW did, but the flowers are more trichey. That's not bad considering I didn't do much to it during grow. The root ball was not very dense, maybe that's the way the fabric points develop.

Here's what the flowers look like. It's fuzzy, but you can tell the flowers are almost all calyx without many pistils or sugar leaves. The other had way more pistils and of course more trim.

Cheers, Bo.

Great harvest Boat! I'm looking forward to seeing those autos grow. Try some LST on those two smaller ones! I got more than 3x the bud weight off my LST over the one I let go straight up!

Thanks Sheddie, and thanks for the reminder to train those. Definitely 3x seems yieldable. I have been undecided what to do with the late batch of autos. They have been sluggish, the weather has been so cool especially at night. They had trouble getting good color and form. But we are having a heat wave here, and our Indian summer September is usually perfect, so I hope they'll do well. They seem eatablished now. I had one of them trained, bent, a couple weeks ago but after a day did not like it.

Nows the time, I will train the smaller potted bubba just a bit to get even lateral growth, to break the apical dominance. They grew noticeably today and are a little floppy from the activity. It will be in the 90s tomorrow, which may be the hottest day of the year.

Here are the autos, I trained down the one on the left. I will let the biggest bubba go on its own, and the little one in the wine barrel, don't know. Not sure about the smallest, the tangerine. It has looked like it has bugs but I can't find any. It's just the cold. The big bites out of these are grasshoppers, I think. I have found a couple, and I can hear them. They don't seem to like mj, but they take some big chunks out before deciding.

Let me say first that I wish the best for so many dealing with major problems, flooding, fires, . Inside my garden, here's a little update.

The temperature is crazy hot, two days over 105. What am I in Sacramento? (No disrespect, sacto). I had watered things in, it's a big jolt for the plants. Our high temps daily have been under 80. The biggest impact is the septoria yellow spot fungus is rampant on one plant and I may lose it.

Here's the plant, this morning. There was no yello or spot yesterday. I have been foliar spraying with Serenade but last week switched to actinovate and plant doctor. Maybe the heat triggered the spores, dunno.

Ugly.

It's starting to flower, I'd like to get some buds through it, but maybe not. That's why I planted extra :)

On the upside, I read that temperature over 95 degF for 12 hours will kill powdery mildew exposed, 100%, according to UCDavis. So this little hot shock might be better for the other plants

Poor girl :(

Sad, :( but I will put her out of misery.

Here's everything before cleanup. I will remove the chemdog. The cuttings are infected too. So either this is a susceptible strain or it is systemic at this point.

I am going to clean out about 30% of this so next update we should have new haircut.
:)

IMG_043443.JPG

View image in gallery

I don't know if the heat triggered the spores but I am DEFINITELY triggered by this freaking heat! Jesus it's disgusting here, and as they say in NY and Florida...it's not the heat, it's the humidity!

The heat wave has broken here and it's a nice clear day. It's been hazy here on the coast, I can't imagine the air quality in other parts of the state now.

After removing the chem dogs, things are more manageable. I should have done it a month ago and saved myself some trouble, but you never know. The tangie are budding nicely with a lemon aroma. I did some cleanup on the underside but I need to spend a couple hours more, especially on the bushy fire ogs.

From left to right, small tangie, two fire og, a bigger tangie, and a FireOG in the planting bed. That one has a lot of yellow spot, I dare say.

And here's the bubba autos. One with some minor lst, the bigger one au natural. The smallest one is a tangerine auto. There's still a bubba in the wine barrel, I may keep up with it or cull it. It's not much trouble to leave it and see what happens.

Have a good holiday,
Bo

I hope September is being good to everyone. For outdoor growers in NA this is the home stretch till harvest. Here I have some things going better than I thought and some less so.

Here's things,

The tangies are budding up nicely. They're pretty much self trained and sprawling and have good exposure. Funny these are the ones I was considering removing to make room for the dogs. Which I ended up losing. You never know.

The FOG in back are filling in. I've had to trim them quite a bit. These are the ones to watch for PM, and I have to look at every leaf. They got the yellow fungus but seems they'll finish ok. Not all the buds are great but some should be. There is still a lot of larf and early flower die off. As long as I keep it cleaned out it should be ok.

The other fog in the planting bed has the septoria the worst and it is struggling, noticibly growing slower. I thought this would be the best one. Definitely getting some flowers that will be decent and the small buds. My concern is that when I pull the symptomatic leaves they have an unpleasant musty smell. I haven't gotten that from any of the green leaves or flowers though. You can see how much I have needed to trim it.

Scraggly.

And here's some bud die off that I have been finding here and there. No smell, seems isolated. Maybe botrytis. That flower over on the right.

Removed brown dead flower.

Here's the autos. I liked the way the LST looked on the middle bubba so I did the same on the younger tangerine. Simplest possible, at the fifth node I pulled the meristem over until it was below the side stems. The tallest bubba broke in the wind, I had it tethered but it got tall and I took my attention off and the wind broke it three quarters of the way up. It's duct taped and seems fine.

No training but it broke. Duct tape!

Simple LST on the younger tangerine.

Bubba with simple LST. Good shape and exposure.

The little bubba. Healthy. Unremarkable.

The next four weeks or so will finish the grow. It rained here last night. That's unusual and the last thing I need.

I almost forgot to mention that the white widow is really smoking well. I air dried it for a few days then put it in a paper bag to dry. The weather got hot, and I didn't check it for a couple days. It was a little over dry on the outside so I put it in plastic bags with a boveda humidity pack. Now it's smooth and even burning, and good thc content. So that's happy news :)

All for now, happy gardening
:cool:

Thanks for the update Boatshoe! Enjoy these last 3-4 weeks of sun! :thumb:

Thanks for the support, bluntley :)

It's harvest time, I'm tryna figure out how to harvest these plants. Powdery mildew is here, so the time is now. I'll wash all the flowers in hydrogen peroxide I think. I pulled a couple branches, rinsed in h202 and did a quick dry. Very smokable, harsh cuz wet, very good high because early harvest.
I've never rinsed my buds but it seems like a good idea, there's been fungus all season for me and my gals.

We got white powdery mildew as well along with spider mites! So I've been in complete treatment mode after covering the plants up for the last week of rain as you can see below. There was just so much moisture in the air and I didn't get fans set up fast enough so the standing air mixed with low temp and moisture led to mildew. I guess I just completely missed the spider mites. Now, it's ladybugs, vinegar & water solutions, pynethryn, etc. I also did major surgery in terms of removing affected leaves. Hopefully I can save them!
:geek:

IMG_142741.JPG

Back
Top Bottom