Small Backyard Garden With Various Strains & Methods & More

We got white powdery mildew as well along with spider mites! So I've been in complete treatment mode after covering the plants up for the last week of rain as you can see below. There was just so much moisture in the air and I didn't get fans set up fast enough so the standing air mixed with low temp and moisture led to mildew. I guess I just completely missed the spider mites. Now, it's ladybugs, vinegar & water solutions, pynethryn, etc. I also did major surgery in terms of removing affected leaves. Hopefully I can save them!
:geek:

IMG_142741.JPG

Good luck on that. You get more rain up there, so I wish you the best. The early sample I washed in dilute hydrogen peroxide then quick dried really smokes well. There's a good video from Jorge Cervantes that I just watched and I recommend it. I am going to take in one plant, I'll grab some pics. Plus I found some caterpillars, will share pics too.

For now, harvest time!

Hi folks, happy autumn :)

Here's some buds on the littlest Tangie. It was so small and now has these nice flowers. Harvesting this after I do a fog.

IMG_047554.JPG

I see this brown dying off in the buds. I saw it since a couple weeks and suspected botrytis but haven't had time to investigate further. Now I dig some out and find worms. Ick! I haven't been spraying for weeks and didn't see much leaf damage. But these caterpillars are inside the buds. Another thing to trim out.

Inside that brown dead flower tip will be a worm.

These aren't too clear but there isn't much damage, but I gotta get them in

You can see the caterpillar as I've dug it out from in there. They must chew on the stem. Probably not visible in the shot, I'll work on that.

Here's that big one

I cut down one of the fogs, I post those pics next. Have a good Monday everyone

:thumb:

Here's a quick look at things before I harvest. It'll take me a week to get the bigs down.

Little tangie.

FireOGs.

Here's the first to come down, the fog, and the branches after removal. So then a quick wash, dry for a few hours, trim off major foliage, dry overnight and trim more closely. I found about 20 small caterpillars and a couple small PM spots after the rinse.

After trim.

A bit of air drying and then into brown paper bags.

Today, I take down the tangie.

Looking really good Boat! Nice harvest and more to come.

If you ever want to save your botrytis buds, I found a way to kill the mold and use the buds for lotions and creams. I blogged the instructions here.

I put my moldy buds in the freezer until I was ready and ended up with 51 grams dried to make a canna cream from. No reason to waste it!

Thanks for the tip, Shed. I'll keep that one in my recipe box :)

So the little Tangie is in. So much easier to trim, super fragrant. Not much PM so I can handle it and trim the bigger leaves without worrying too much about spreading it. Dug out a lot of worms too. Then H2O2 bath.

Off the plant, biggest fan leaves off.

Some nice bushy buds.

Did I mention worms. These are the ones I dug out.i need to look these up and see what kind they are, other than cannapillars, haha :)

After bathing,

Making progress. These flowers will be pretty good.

Later, bo.

So the more I looked, the more of those worms I see. I took the other Tangie in, and the yield looks and smells great. But there's tremendous damage. Now I understand why those fogs didn't bud up. I sprayed with neam all summer but should have been using the BT.

The Tangie buds are great, though. I have one trimmed. I sprayed the fogs with bt tonight. They need to come in, but might not happen soon.

Here's the little demons. They were so dug in, I didn't know,

IMG_050642.JPG

Well, now I know to look for them. I'll post some great trimmed buds tomorrow, and the bubbas are getting purple.

Goodnight, bo

Lesson learned! BT for caterpillars always (comes off in the wash), neem for little bugs until flower, spinosad in flower up to 16 days before harvest. That's the program I'm using.
Yes that's what what I learned. Good summary,Shed. I sprayed with BT and it immediately knocked em down. I harvested a fog, the Tangie, I'm happy with the buds. I got most of the worms out of the buds except for a few which crawled out and around our back sunroom where I dry the buds. So my DW found one or two caterpillar in the laundry. Haha. She's my sweetheart and from the country so bugs dont freak her out..
I've gotten most everything in, I'll post some pics.

Hope you are all doing well, my friends, bo

Nice stash! Stems left on for a reason?

Sheddy, that's a good question. I dont really have a well developed trim method. And I'm lazy :)

I think if the stems are left on, the buds cure a little better. The stems are kind of a buffer maybe. I don't really know if I have a preference about how close to trim the sugar leaves either.

At this point I'm just trying to get them in. One of the bags of the shaggy FOG I trimmed much closer and I'll re trim it all at some point. Do you usually trim closer for curing? Maybe it's more precise.

Oh, and thanks for the encouragement, everyone.

I'll post some pics of the bubba kush, they're starting to show purple and need to come in soon. And there's a lot of flowers still on the fogs, and I want to make some water hash. There's more than 500g of flowers. I've been rinsing everything in H2O2 and there's not a hint of mildew. So I wonder if I should freeze these buds to give me some time to get around to them. I'm thinking I'll wash them, semi dry, freeze, then water or dry ice hash. If I have a good week, I'll be able to get to that.

Best , bo

Back
Top Bottom