Small Closet Grow Exhaust Fan

They should be fine if you start with the uncrimped end of the pipe at the fan. Best to insulate the pipe that is in the attic if you are in a cold in winter area. Other wise you will get a condensation buildup.
Just added to job instructions: insulate ducting in attic.
I considered insulated HVAC ducting, but opted for the traditional finger-slicing stuff, to reduce friction loss. Too anal?
My gable vent (the endpoint of my exhaust) is close to twenty feet off the ground. I wonder if I need the carbon filter? It is nearly as high as my plumbing vents. Honestly, I don't know what to expect. I've always been a consumer (only).

Yep, I run all fans 24/7. They don’t stop smelling during lights out.
Yeah, but I don't have smell yet....so no need for the odor control yet. ;)

I considered insulated HVAC ducting, but opted for the traditional finger-slicing stuff, to reduce friction loss. Too anal?
My gable vent (the endpoint of my exhaust) is close to twenty feet off the ground. I wonder if I need the carbon filter? It is nearly as high as my plumbing vents. Honestly, I don't know what to expect. I've always been a consumer (only).

You WILL need it. They can stink A LOT!!! Multiply dried bud by about 50x or more depending on strain.

The duct insulation kits will slide over the metal pipe. You are correct that the ridges reduce air flow. Smooth metal pipe, with taped joints, is the best.

Depending on the wind, and proximity to neighbours, people would likely smell the exhaust if no filter.

Back
Top Bottom