Small crock temps

Finnicki

Well all I learned from this coconut oil
brew is that washing the buds takes away the smell and taste. I tried to make some little edibles using coconut oil. Conconctuon didn’t firm up in frig overnight. No buzz from a few drops under my tongue. Could it have been overcooked? Added water a couple of times to keep oil from burning in crock. It is a crock with no temp control. Unplugged it overnight and when I ran errands. What do all you professionals think?

Did you decarb your plant material first? I decarb for 1 hour at 240F. If your plant material wasn't decarbed first, that will be why you didn't get the results you wanted.

Decarbed and washed over a week to get rid of smell. Coconut oil usually goes back to a solid in the frig. This one stayed liquid. Looking at a crock pot online that has a low and a warm setting. Just made some butter in that small crock. Buds were only in for 2 1/2 hours, not a day like the coconut oil.

brew is that washing the buds takes away the smell and taste. I tried to make some little edibles using coconut oil. Conconctuon didn’t firm up in frig overnight. No buzz from a few drops under my tongue. Could it have been overcooked? Added water a couple of times to keep oil from burning in crock. It is a crock with no temp control. Unplugged it overnight and when I ran errands. What do all you professionals think?
I have been making a salve using all the popcorn buds, the skimpy buds, anything that did not end up in the jars of of 'closer to premium" flower. I kept a basic recipe of the times, temps and the mix ratios Coconut Oil with some Soybean Wax to firm it up so it had the feel I and my relatives and friends liked. It all worked out and everyone was happy.

The last batch, which I just finished up yesterday turned into a monster, a totally different story. I could not get the final mix to solidify, it stayed liquid or at the most would firm up on the sides and tops but the center of the jar was liquid. If I put in the fridge it never firmed up like it should plus there was a pool of oil on top.

The last batch worked. I added 1 gram of Shea Butter per 25 ml of mix and it worked. Not exactly what I wanted but close enough. I started another batch at the same time as I was finishing the problem batch. It also did not firm up overnight like it should have even though I cooked it for for half the number of hours so 'overcooking' was not my problem as far as I can tell.

I am positive it is the brand of Coocnut Oil. On my shopping list is a note to buy another bottle of the previous brand and I will try again when psyched up for it.

Sorry about your issues my friend.
After decarbing 240 for 30 minutes you cook in crock pot at 180f for a minimum of 6 hours up to 12.
But never let it get above 195f.
I have a tutorial in my purple pics thread.
Do you want to see it?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

LouAna from Walmart and Meijer is what I buy. Last batch was an organic oil. I might try another brand from another store. I have some buds leftover that I can try.

Bill284-I read one needs to crock it for 24 hours. Is that too much? First time for salve it worked out guud. Heavy in the smell and a green color. Stuff I made that didn’t solidify was clear and didn’t smell at all. Washed the buds in a mason jar. Changed water every day til it stayed clear. Took a week for it to clear.

Bill284-I read one needs to crock it for 24 hours. Is that too much? First time for salve it worked out guud. Heavy in the smell and a green color. Stuff I made that didn’t solidify was clear and didn’t smell at all. Washed the buds in a mason jar. Changed water every day til it stayed clear. Took a week for it to clear.
I did several batches for 24 hr and I couldn't tell the difference in 12 hr and 24 hr.
So you can domit but I found 12 is enough.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

LouAna from Walmart and Meijer is what I buy. Last batch was an organic oil.
I have been using the LouAna brand myself. And the one batch that did not set up properly was some other brand that was said 'organic' on the label.

Bill284-I read one needs to crock it for 24 hours. Is that too much?
I have read the same recommendation of 24 hours. Occasionally someone will mention 36 or 48 hours and then every now and again I come across the 12 to 15 hour time in the oven or in a slow cooker.

BTW, the latest batch was 12 hours plus a couple more reheating. That one has not set up after 48 hours.

The previous batch that had the Shea Butter added set up real nice and that one was 24 hours plus some for reheating back to a liquid for pouring.

Back
Top Bottom