420 Magazine Background

Small flowers in week 5

Wickerman

Hello everyone....I’m a first time grower and have read so much contradictory information I’m totally confused. I’m growing Maui and believe requires 10-12 weeks of flowering. I’m in fifth week and buds are that full and I’m seeing lots of amber pistols. Also, as you can see from photos that some cola leaves are shrinking and curling downward. I haven’t noticed trichomes and bubbles of resin yet. From a video viewed, I heavily defoliated at week 3 of flowering. From viewing my photos, how do they look given the information provided. I appreciate any input....many thx....

Attachments

NBKUSH

Looks like they need another 4-5 weeks. Get a magnifying glass to look at the trichomes. They are probably still clear, then they will go milky and then they will go amber, this is when it’s time.

Cultivator

Member of the Month: Jan 2013 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2016, May 2018 - Nug of the Month: Mar 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Oct 2016
you way over done it with the defol and its limely going to cost you big time. Buds can look like nothing then get huge in last 3 weeks, even the last 2 so you dont have to have big buds at this point, especially on a longer flowering strain. Read my journals, they will show you how to defol properly. Also i wonder if your light is good enough? What is your medium and feed schedule?

Wickerman

those look pretty clear to me they will probably need 3 or 4 weeks they should be mostly milky and about 5% amber
Thx for the feedback. I’ve had trouble with early maturity so don’t want to go to far the other direction....lol

Wickerman

Thx everyone for the above feedback. I have two more flowers behind the one showed. Question::: how many days into flowering should you start seeing brown pistols? I’m still trying to eliminate early maturity....many thx

Wickerman

That was rather vague. The plants are 100% sativas so call for 10-12 weeks of flowering. Based on what I’ve posted previously, I could really use the input....thx

Wickerman

I’ve realized how important harvest timing is and I’m still on the curve. Can I get some feedback on the maturity of these trichomes. I tried to be very careful the photos were not from sugar leaves. Hope I succeeded.....

Attachments

Wickerman

They are 100% landrace sativas and are 7 weeks today. I’ve had trouble with early maturing as noted above....lol....I want as long as possible to maximize yield but don’t want narcotic....thx for your feedback

Wickerman

If you reply again, you could help with a related topic. I have two other plants, same strains, on 28th day of flower. At what point is customary to see brown pistols on flowers? I’ve only seen them early so what’s normal for sativas requiring 10-12 weeks of flower if there is such a thing....lol....thx

Top Bottom