Small personal grow advice needed

I use a 3x4 closet to veg and clone, a 3x3 to start flower with a 600w metal halide, and a 3x3 to finish with 2 600w LEDs. It meets my needs and then some. Running 9 plants with a 6 week veg I pull 3-4 oz a plant with the right strain (c-99 and wos Kilimanjaro have been consistent).... The point is, that's a LOT of bud for one person even in a 3x3, running a 4x4 you'll need more light to cover and if you don't fill the canopy, you'll be wasting a lot of that light. But if you have plenty of free time to play with, it's great and will keep you busy.
Even since my car accident I haven't been able to move around like I used to. I can still water all the plants with no problem in a tiny packed tent like that.

I use a 3x4 closet to veg and clone, a 3x3 to start flower with a 600w metal halide, and a 3x3 to finish with 2 600w LEDs. It meets my needs and then some. Running 9 plants with a 6 week veg I pull 3-4 oz a plant with the right strain (c-99 and wos Kilimanjaro have been consistent).... The point is, that's a LOT of bud for one person even in a 3x3, running a 4x4 you'll need more light to cover and if you don't fill the canopy, you'll be wasting a lot of that light. But if you have plenty of free time to play with, it's great and will keep you busy.
Even since my car accident I haven't been able to move around like I used to. I can still water all the plants with no problem in a tiny packed tent like that.

Thank you for your point about wasting light if I don't fill the canopy. My initial thought was that it was beneficial to have some extra room to work. It sounds like you are suggesting that wall to wall bloom canopy coverage is the better strategy though(as opposed to growing in a much larger tent for the sake of having extra space to move around),which I can understand.

I've really just considered that possibility of not being able to consume an entire harvest before it "goes bad". I guess there are ways to preserve it, but probably not ideal. You've given me even MORE to think about. Haha.

Water melon, id love to see some of your late bloom shots. I'm considering a 3x3 based on everything you've said.

I've been running prepetual with 3 plants being finished a month and just started running where I harvest 1 tent a month. I didn't have time before I was involved in an auto accident with working as a mechanic. Being out of work now I've decided I really need to do something with my life lol. I'm doing some pheno hunting at the moment to get the plants I want to run together to keep that nice even canopy. Right now it looks like chaos with stretchy sativa's and compact indicas. I'm about 3 wees into the first full tent grow now and when the lights come on at 6pm Phoenix time I can take a few shots. Once I get the strains and phenos sorted it should be a fairly clean set up.

Thank you for your point about wasting light if I don't fill the canopy. My initial thought was that it was beneficial to have some extra room to work. It sounds like you are suggesting that wall to wall bloom canopy coverage is the better strategy though(as opposed to growing in a much larger tent for the sake of having extra space to move around),which I can understand.

I've really just considered that possibility of not being able to consume an entire harvest before it "goes bad". I guess there are ways to preserve it, but probably not ideal. You've given me even MORE to think about. Haha.

Water melon, id love to see some of your late bloom shots. I'm considering a 3x3 based on everything you've said.
If ur dry and cure properly its not going to "go bad" plus if u have to much and are worried you can always process it down to like oil and save it that way.

This is my 36" deep x 42" wide under two 304s runnin at 130w right now... 60 day veg, indica pheno Pineapple Chunk.....tomorrow will be day 10 of 12/12.
20180203_223927.jpg
20180203_223932.jpg

This is my 36" deep x 42" wide under two 304s runnin at 130w right now... 60 day veg, indica pheno Pineapple Chunk.....tomorrow will be day 10 of 12/12.
20180203_223927.jpg
20180203_223932.jpg
Great job did they stretch at all or not yet? You def filled screen nicely I hope you get 6-10" colas above it this that's my goal when I scrog

Thanks bud!!! It has definitely stretched but not quite as much as i expected. Its really an indica pheno with its growth. Its my first time with this so i wasnt sure what to expect.

I think a 4' x 4' tent is a poor choice for a scrog, unless you can access the plants from opposite sides of your tent. The plants are in a fixed location, and you need full access for pruning. I'm running what's turning into a scrog in a 2' x 4' tent, and considering a 4' x 6' tent for two of these. You can concentrate the light by using curtains made from reflective mylar emergency blankets.

I have a King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light. I think I'd prefer a physically larger light to even it out. Currently I'm investigating DIY COBs, one per square foot. Total cost should be under $400 USD for a 1' x 4', eight COB array (2' x 4' tent).

I'm feeding the plants with a measuring cup, and using a battery operated wand type pump to drain the drip trays. I'm not happy with this, as the line from the wand needs to be disconnected, and the wand run through the canopy to pump out the trays. I have ordered low volume self-priming pumps from eBay in an attempt to fix these problems.

You can check my grow journal to see how my setup is working for me. My first harvest is about six weeks away.

At 36" deep im reaching to get to the back, which i can do. Although its not comfortable above. If it were 4 inches deeper i couldn't touch the back wall from above. So you make a good point. I was going to build mine 4x4, but 36" deep just worked better in the room its built in, ended up being for the better anyway

Just got done doing a lil fan tucking, this thing is ready for a day 21 defoliation but thats not for 5 more days.

20180209_144028.jpg
20180209_144025.jpg

Back
Top Bottom