Small scale breeding from seed

Goodvibes93

Hello everyone just wanted to say all answers are welcome what ever experience you have regarding the topic please help.

So to began I'm interested in starting up my own strain. I have an idea on what I need to start but are unsure on how about to go doing it.

I was thinking of buying another 2x4 tent get 10 1 gallon pots, another 600 HP's. From there I would plant 10 seeds. 5 from one strain 5 from another. Hopefully I get at least 1 male and 1 female from each strain. If not I would clone the strongest female and or strongest male and repeat for the next 10 seeds.

After having narrow it down to my 4 strongest plants 2 males and 2 females I would clone the females again and flower them picking out the best plant. For males I would pick out the one with the traits I'm looking for.

Once determining that, I would breed the strongest female and strongest male making what some people call a crossbreed. Inside my 2nd 2x4 tent.

I would then test 100 seeds using the same method above narrowing it down to the top 10. Once getting my top 10 I would repeat step one to find out my strongest female. I would then clone her over and over.

What do you guys think. Please help!

Psalm 104:14

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

That sounds like a solid plan. What strains are you planning on starting with?

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.
Skunk strain, and norther light or big Bud. Have you done any breeding before?

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

Skunk strain, and norther light or big Bud. Have you done any breeding before?

I'm just starting by generating some seeds to work with. Once I get the seeds harvested I'm going to start hunting for parental plants. I have several different crosses to work with. I'm leaning on the sativa side of things, although I did hit my afghani with Panama to get a nice 50/50 hybrid.

I'm planning on hitting my delicious candy with Panama and Malawi for another balanced hybrid. If you're wanting a Skunk variety, you should check out delicious's candy strain. It's developing a nice smell in veg. It's a cross of purple Korean Skunk, super Skunk, afghani, and Maui X cheese which is a phenotype of Skunk. So lots of Skunk in her. I've heard people mention it was the stinkiest again they've ever grown. I'm taking 4 clones off mine today and once one of them root, I'll be throwing the plant into flower and she'll get hit with Panama and Malawi.

Be sure to keep meticulous notes and label every plant, every time. Many breeding plans are ruined by being too deep into it to keep it all straight in your head. Research colloidal silver and/or silver thiosulfate. Both will be helpful if you need to create a stopping or backup point. :)

I'm just starting by generating some seeds to work with. Once I get the seeds harvested I'm going to start hunting for parental plants. I have several different crosses to work with. I'm leaning on the sativa side of things, although I did hit my afghani with Panama to get a nice 50/50 hybrid.

I'm planning on hitting my delicious candy with Panama and Malawi for another balanced hybrid. If you're wanting a Skunk variety, you should check out delicious's candy strain. It's developing a nice smell in veg. It's a cross of purple Korean Skunk, super Skunk, afghani, and Maui X cheese which is a phenotype of Skunk. So lots of Skunk in her. I've heard people mention it was the stinkiest again they've ever grown. I'm taking 4 clones off mine today and once one of them root, I'll be throwing the plant into flower and she'll get hit with Panama and Malawi.

Do you have a designated breeding area?

Morglie: you and I are are on the same quest, only I don't have my breeding path laid out as detailed as yours. I will be happy with a good batch of Sativas for edibles and general daytime smoke.

Do you have a designated breeding area?

I don't unfortunately. My veg spot has gotten a bit out of hand as of late. I'm trying to pare it down a bit. I have a room I'm converting, next summer, into my grow spaces. It's big enough to breed properly. I'll have a veg, grow, male / pollination room, along with a work area. Once I have that set up I'll be good to go, popping 10 at a time for selection.

My current veg area
420-magazine-mobile1255667272.jpg

At the moment I'm popping 2 and running with it as I create more seeds for the future. I want to use my male Malawi to pollinate my female and make f2s as I only got 5 seeds each. I also want to pollinate my afghani to compare and contrast against my Panama x afghani for a balanced hybrid. I'm wanting to create some Zamedelica as well, but between the mites and my learning, I'm having trouble keeping them healthy. They are a touchy strain. I am going to have a bunch of Zamedelica x Panama, which will have to do.

I'm going for a mixture of different sativa strains, along with a good hybrid and indica to mix in. I've found I enjoy mixing the sativa and indica bud when smoking instead of a hybrid that includes both. The tolerance build up can be minimized by mixing different strains.

Ideally, I want to breed a strain that is all sativa or mostly sativa that will grow naturally at 45 latitude. That will take a proper breeding area to be able to select the short flowering phenos. I know there are 8-9 week flowering ones in there. It's just a matter of finding them.

I don't unfortunately. My veg spot has gotten a bit out of hand as of late. I'm trying to pare it down a bit. I have a room I'm converting, next summer, into my grow spaces. It's big enough to breed properly. I'll have a veg, grow, male / pollination room, along with a work area. Once I have that set up I'll be good to go, popping 10 at a time for selection.

My current veg area
420-magazine-mobile1255667272.jpg

At the moment I'm popping 2 and running with it as I create more seeds for the future. I want to use my male Malawi to pollinate my female and make f2s as I only got 5 seeds each. I also want to pollinate my afghani to compare and contrast against my Panama x afghani for a balanced hybrid. I'm wanting to create some Zamedelica as well, but between the mites and my learning, I'm having trouble keeping them healthy. They are a touchy strain. I am going to have a bunch of Zamedelica x Panama, which will have to do.

I'm going for a mixture of different sativa strains, along with a good hybrid and indica to mix in. I've found I enjoy mixing the sativa and indica bud when smoking instead of a hybrid that includes both. The tolerance build up can be minimized by mixing different strains.

Ideally, I want to breed a strain that is all sativa or mostly sativa that will grow naturally at 45 latitude. That will take a proper breeding area to be able to select the short flowering phenos. I know there are 8-9 week flowering ones in there. It's just a matter of finding them.

Do you plan on letting the male pollinate naturally or you doing self pollinzation?

Do you plan on letting the male pollinate naturally or you doing self pollinzation?

I'm pollinating using the males. I don't have a good way to judge flowering, but they both have grown vigorously in veg. I just collected pollen from my Malawi and culled him along with the clones of both males. I have enough to start with between the two and I'll hunt for better males from the seeds. I'm storing the pollen and planning on using it on the next batch of plants. I'll use a paint brush to pollinate. I don't want to be inundated with seeds, plus I want smokable bud. I'll have Malawi x Malawi, Malawi x afghani, Malawi x candy, and Malawi x Panama, to go with Panama x all of those plus Zamedelica. I'm keeping the males isolated to rounds of plants, so that I know who the father is of any rogue seeds. I'm wanting to create a catch of seeds to work with, but I want to make sure I know what I'm starting with. I'm hoping to get a male afghani I just planted today. I'd like to get a pure indica as well. Get a good mix to start with.

And you are doing all this in ONE 2 x 4 space? I'm up to 3 spaces, and I barely have room for the veggies, the flowering ladies and the breeders!
Yes I am but I recently received a 4x8 tent so I'm use that to flower and the 2x4 for breeding and veg. Seeing how I want to master this Frankenstein creation, I should only have to make seeds first then start keeping account of the different phenotypes. Collecting the strongest males and females out of 100 seeds every 10 seeds I plant I'm pick the strongest. Once I make it to my top 10 males and females I'm do one last grow to get my number 1 plant. This method should take around 1 year to complete.

my dr greenthumb panama red was pollinated by unknown father really. i have seeds growing .plants is weak. the seeds look pretty cool. take a guess will they plant?

Yes I am but I recently received a 4x8 tent so I'm use that to flower and the 2x4 for breeding and veg. Seeing how I want to master this Frankenstein creation, I should only have to make seeds first then start keeping account of the different phenotypes. Collecting the strongest males and females out of 100 seeds every 10 seeds I plant I'm pick the strongest. Once I make it to my top 10 males and females I'm do one last grow to get my number 1 plant. This method should take around 1 year to complete.

Any progress with this?

my panama red seeds sprout like crazy. any method i throw. my ? here is being crossed will the flowering time be shorter. i talking less than 9 months. i worked hard today dec 10 . the dog breeder say later. p.s. i heard the crowd calling....

Back
Top Bottom