Small Sea of Green (SOG) Advice

santiago84

High everyone,

This is my first post. I am hoping to start my first SOG grow very soon. I just am in the planning phase at the moment. I am hoping that if I tell you guys what I want to acheive, you might be able to tell me the best way to go about it.

I want to use a flood and drain system for a SOG. I'm thinking of using a 4x4ft table. From what I understand, I could have 12 plants flowering in there (1 plant per square foot)?? Would one 400w HPS be enough for that small space, or would a 600w be needed??

Roughly how much would I yield from my 12 plants? Is it right that the plant will yield about 50% of it's normal wight? I will have 12 more clones veging, ready to start after the initial harvest to keep a constant supply going.

Also, a quick question about ventilation and heat. I will be building a small grow room in my attic (i dont have a basement or spare bedroom). My concern is that if I vent the hot air from my grow room into the open attic outside, will the attic become too hot (thermal imaging etc)?? I can't find a chimney or dryer vent so I'm not sure how best to vent the hot air out of the attic. I will obviously vent the air from the grow room, but will I need to find another way of expelling it from the attic? My hope is that the heat wont be significant enough to warrane any action. Will this be neccesary or am I just being paranoid?

All thoughts welcome.

Thanks

I have done a sea of green on table of that size. IMO using two 400's would be best because with one which i had the outermost plants stretched too much because of their distance from the light. This helps in two ways 1 being that you can have the lights closer to plants and you get better coverage of the area. ebb n flow is perfect but you can fit twice as many if you keep it to a single cola. How much space total is there cuz you want room to move around all 4 size of table, from 1 side DOES NOT work.
When growing SOG you will have a lower yield than a normal grow, however the point is to increase efficiency of your space and time so you harvest continually. So yes each harvest is less in weight but more in frequency personally i used 1 400w and 4x4 and got 3-4 ozs every 2 weeks. you could double or triple that with two lights. the main down side is that you cannot make nute changes for smaller groups. Maybe 2 2x4's??????
About venting, if there are absolutely no vents then you may have to install a roof vent.Make sure not to have your room using or in contact with Any of the attic walls (except floor) and therms wont c it, they only read surface temps. if days are not too hot (cause the attic will be 5-10 hotter than your home at least!!!!!) run the lights then.
super late lol ohwell its info

Back
Top Bottom