Smaller growing space

just starting

After some sound advice about how to get a better smoke, I am going to make my 4X10 ( roughly ) grow space into a 4X5 to maximize my lighting. I have right now 4 400 watt COB LEDs and 1 600 Watt the whole grow space has mylar reflecting all the way around it. Now to choose a strain! Has anyone tried Gods Gift? I have heard a lot about Blue dream is it as good as they say? Thanks smokers I have to get to work in a little while but will read comments later. Thanks again for the help.

Blue Dream is always a good grow. As long as you stay with the well known breeders then Yes it as good as they say. I have never grown God's gift so I don't know much about it.
Why make the space smaller? With all those lights you should be able to position everything so you have good side lighting. The extra room you have now is good for air circulation. All that extra air and space is good for you and the plants. That gives you lots more then any reflection you will gain from having the sides closer. Just keep the plants close together to make up for the lower humidity of a larger space.

Blue Dream is always a good grow. As long as you stay with the well known breeders then Yes it as good as they say. I have never grown God's gift so I don't know much about it.
Why make the space smaller? With all those lights you should be able to position everything so you have good side lighting. The extra room you have now is good for air circulation. All that extra air and space is good for you and the plants. That gives you lots more then any reflection you will gain from having the sides closer. Just keep the plants close together to make up for the lower humidity of a larger space.
I was getting loose buds not tight and they said the lighting i had was not strong enough for the big space I had so I thought i would shorten the space to get stronger lighting to the plants.

Light intensity doesn't change by make the space smaller. Just less air and the temperature will rise faster in a smaller space. Loose buds could be caused by lots of other things. Genetics, feeding, temp, and light all can effect buds. The problem with changing one thing is it changes other things when you do. Some will be good others could be bad.

sounds like a plan I am ordering mine within a month. Would be kinda cool to see how each one of us do and keep in touch and see the difference in each others plants. I am ordering blackberry Kush, sour diesel and Gods gift to try as well.

Well it has been a while since I have been on 420 and Have just now got my seeds from Attitude seed bank. I changed my mind and ordered Blue Dream, Skunk #1, Gods Gift, and OG Kush. I waited until the 4Th of July specials going on and I must of Gotten 15 different strains free. This will be my third grow, I started off with CFL lights just to see what happened and liked it so much just watching them grow I invested in 4 -400 watt COB reloadro lights and 1-600 watt mars LED. I was asking about my last grow when my buds just did not turn out as well as expected and the lighting strength was brought up that might help my buds get a little denser. I want to buy one more light and want to know if anyone has any suggestions my grow space is now roughly 5X6. Also was wondering about if I am drying and curing wrong. My plants took about eight to ten days and the smaller branches snapped and so I started cure. I filled my quart size jars a little more than halfway and then burped them a few times a day for about 10 tens and then every few days after that. I cured them for about 2 months and some of them turned out ok but some still smelled like cut grass any suggestions. The drying process was just hanging the cut branches in a dark room. I was extremely patient with the curing process but was also very disappointed with some of the smoke. any suggestions. thanks it may be a few days before I can get back because of my work schedule but will read any response on my day off. And remember Herb is the healing of a nation, Know one gets hurt when your couch stoned peace to all smokers.

Funny shit. I got tons of freebies on their Christmas sale LOL.
The Grassy taste may be from a couple things. Drying time and the cure have a lot to do with it. One place I find smells like that are when I take test buds. When some plants are taken early there terepene levels have not had a chance to fully form. With some strains most their flavor and crystal are formed at the end of flower. It could just be genetics.
I have one question about lights.with 5 lights in that space you are probably creating as much heat as you would with one HPS. With spectrum corrected bulbs a HPS is still the best light for growing. That is if you can get rid of the heat.
Not sure if any of your problems have anything to do with lighting or not. At least with the HPS you would know you have as much intensity as you can get.
Of the strains you mentioned. None of them should form rock hard buds. I have grown all but they God's Gift. Skunk #1 and Blue Dream will have some pheno's that are pretty firm but will still be fluffy compared to full on Afghani hard buds. Not sure if I help out or created more questions. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Well it has been a while since I have been on 420 and Have just now got my seeds from Attitude seed bank. I changed my mind and ordered Blue Dream, Skunk #1, Gods Gift, and OG Kush. I waited until the 4Th of July specials going on and I must of Gotten 15 different strains free. This will be my third grow, I started off with CFL lights just to see what happened and liked it so much just watching them grow I invested in 4 -400 watt COB reloadro lights and 1-600 watt mars LED. I was asking about my last grow when my buds just did not turn out as well as expected and the lighting strength was brought up that might help my buds get a little denser. I want to buy one more light and want to know if anyone has any suggestions my grow space is now roughly 5X6. Also was wondering about if I am drying and curing wrong. My plants took about eight to ten days and the smaller branches snapped and so I started cure. I filled my quart size jars a little more than halfway and then burped them a few times a day for about 10 tens and then every few days after that. I cured them for about 2 months and some of them turned out ok but some still smelled like cut grass any suggestions. The drying process was just hanging the cut branches in a dark room. I was extremely patient with the curing process but was also very disappointed with some of the smoke. any suggestions. thanks it may be a few days before I can get back because of my work schedule but will read any response on my day off. And remember Herb is the healing of a nation, Know one gets hurt when your couch stoned peace to all smokers.
Funny shit. I got tons of freebies on their Christmas sale LOL.
The Grassy taste may be from a couple things. Drying time and the cure have a lot to do with it. One place I find smells like that are when I take test buds. When some plants are taken early there terepene levels have not had a chance to fully form. With some strains most their flavor and crystal are formed at the end of flower. It could just be genetics.
I have one question about lights.with 5 lights in that space you are probably creating as much heat as you would with one HPS. With spectrum corrected bulbs a HPS is still the best light for growing. That is if you can get rid of the heat.
Not sure if any of your problems have anything to do with lighting or not. At least with the HPS you would know you have as much intensity as you can get.
Of the strains you mentioned. None of them should form rock hard buds. I have grown all but they God's Gift. Skunk #1 and Blue Dream will have some pheno's that are pretty firm but will still be fluffy compared to full on Afghani hard buds. Not sure if I help out or created more questions. Let me know if I can clarify anything.
I have fans on and do have it vented to a outside vent the temperatures stayed rights at about 76 degrees with about 50% humidity. I would like to try a HPS system but my grow is in the basement and the ceilings are very low even if I kept the plants small I was worried about the light getting to close to the plants that was one of the reasons I went with COB LED. A friend of mine that has grown for 30 years told me I needed more head room for the use of a HPS. I might borrow a light from him and just see what happens before I invest in a full light system just to see if it burns the plant. thanks for the info.

I used a vented hood with mine in a 48"x48"x80" tent. Worked great. Your friend is right about head room. With vented hoods that changes a lot. I had my hood within 2 feet of the plants at 1000 watts. Could probably went a little closer but didn't want to risk it.

Well we will see if it is lights that are the issue.I just ordered a 600 watt HPS light with the umbrella type of reflector Now I need to figure out how to get the heat vented to another room. The room is a bedroom that is down stairs and does stay pretty cool because of the AC and just being a basement. I have a six inch carbon filter that is tied into the bathroom vent that vents to the outside maybe just tie into it. The ceiling is about 7.5 feet tall and this HPS light is adjustable so if I see any burn I can adjust it down if need be. I am going to put the HPS in the center and the LED off on the sides and just see what happens. Or have it set up to see which performs better my 4 LED lights or the HPS set up. Any suggestions?

The 4 Led lights say 400-600 watts but that is not true watts. they actually will only draw about 650 true watts all together that is why I am trying a HPS system.

Back
Top Bottom