Smallzz - Flow n Grow - K.O Kush F4 - 2012

Smallzz420

:welcome: First off I'd like to say welcome to my very first journal hopefully it will become a journal worth hanging around! Any Q's, comments, constructive criticism is welcome :thanks:

A little about Smallzz: I grow for Medical and Spiritual use I haven't posted much on :420: mostly lurked around reading, learning what I could. I joined back in 2008 (holy crap time fly's I can't believe it's been that long) so now it's time I started giving back to the community.:high-five:

Past grows: I started out growing in soil with bag seeds and FF like many others before. Cfl's and T8's were my first set up in a 3x4 closet.
pic_005.JPG

d_012.JPG

all_169.JPG

I was able to grow some ok buds with this set up nothing to write home about but man did it feel good to grow my very first herb.:circle-of-love: after my 2nd round with the cfl's I picked up a 1000watt hps 440 cfm fan with carbon filter then stuck it all in a DIY 5x5 tent! Wow what a difference in the buds I could grow holy crap! I was sold on HID lighting after one soil grow:morenutes:
redwood_weed_317_3_.jpg

2nd round with the hps I switched over to a rockwool drip system in the 5x5 tent with a good turn out.
night_time_025_3_.jpg

night_time_020_3_.jpg

night_time_014_3_.jpg

Sadly I had to shut ever thing down back in 2010! After 1 1/2 years of not being able to growing my lovely little plant it's time to get my feet wet again I hope you will join me!

This journal will start with: K.O Kush seedlings from Sannies seeds

IMG_055812.JPG

IMG_05619.JPG

9/10 seed popped! the 1 that didn't make it must have got baked it start to grem but died.
IMG_058913.JPG

Strain info for K.O Kush from Sannies website

(killa Kush/Herijuana)

This is the most extreme cross witch I have produced so far. As mother we used the Killa Kush, a highly recommended strain with an overwhelming spicy Kush taste. As father we used the over potent Herijuana.

This combination (pre98 bubba kush X killa queen / herijuana) emerged when working with breeder Moterabel. This Breeder describes these 2 strains as his heaviest and medicinal strains. After the right selection of the Killa Kush and the Herijuana, we used the 2 most outstanding plants for this cross. The F1 / F2 and F3 are growed with much pleasure by lots of growers all over the world. This F4 is made on taste and will hide lots of kush dominant plants. A knock out stoned with a explosive taste

Breed by sannie
Product Informatie
Type: Mostly Indica
Flowering time

7-8 weeks
Harvest up to 500 gram/m2(indoor)
Taste: earthy afghani/kush
Effect: extreme stoned
flowers They are rockhard covered in kristals
THC: Percentage up to 24%

Seeds in the bank (Aka the fridge) waiting for there turn

Blue Diesel
Lemon Diesel
Chocolate Rain
Anesthesia
Sour Lemon OG
Lemon Skunk fem
Big Bud #2
(NL x Big Bud)fem
(Jackberry x K.O Kush)

The New Grow Room!:
I'm just getting started up again so it will take time to get dialed in. The space I have to work with is a 3x4 closet and a 4x8 tent. The 3x4 will be used for mothers, clone, and seedlings, the 4x8 has the Flow n Grow with a 1000 watt on a light mover I'm going to try and see how far you can push a 1000 watt bulb

Here are some shots of the new toys

IMG_0535_2_.jpg

The new dimmable digital ballast! Still have my old magnetic 1000 watt I can use if need be
IMG_0553_2_.jpg

New bulbs! I ran hortilux before these thought I'd try digilux cheaper and more lumans 155,000 vs 145,000 Hps 120,000 vs 110,000 Mh!
IMG_0517_2_.jpg

XXL 6in man this thing is big
IMG_0547_2_.jpg

Shiny!!!
IMG_0520_2_.jpg

Flow n Grow, 24hr monitor, light hangers, fans, ect.....

MG_0608_2_.jpg

XXL hanging on the light rail I'll add a second after I play around with how far you can push a single 1000watter! carbon filter hooked up to thermostat
IMG_0597_2_.jpg

Flow n Grow set up for 9 sites
IMG_06399.JPG

and we are a go for launch!

10 days later we have this!
IMG_066511.JPG

IMG_068612.JPG

Room Spec 3/21/12
9 - K.O Kush
Flow n Grow (hydroton)
day 10 of veg 18/6
Mh at 600 watts
1 min pause on light rail
ppm 750
Ph 5.7
res temp 68
room temp
75.6 high 65.3 low
intake temp 65-68
Rh 38%-40% ( I'm trying to work on getting that up)

:thanks: Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

Just rolled up some dank :tokin: who wants to smoke?

Question: What are you guys in low Rh doing to help raise it?:thanks:

IMG_0691_2_.jpg

adjusted Ph back down to 5.6 today. I like letting it raise to 6.0-6.1 then adjust it back down to 5.5-5.6 I kind of remember reading somewhere that it helps prevent a Ph lockout. I could be wrong.

also forgot I'll be using AN (2part grow, 2part bloom, big bud, carboload) for this first run. It's the left overs from last run (2009-2010) so I hope Nuts don't get old. After this I would like to try BPN so I may end up picking that up ones I run out.

Here are the kids going to sleep after a long day growing:smokin:
IMG_0711_2_.jpg

IMG_0709_2_.jpg

:Namaste:

Smallzz420 said:
:thanks: Blazin here have you self a J
I'm going to have to try hanging towels in there and see how much it helps. My plains are to end up buying a humidifier I'm just maxed out on the funds tell the 30th dang R/O unit cut into the funds

Yeah RO units will do that. I just got a simple one from target and it works well. Best of luck.

Yeah RO units will do that. I just got a simple one from target and it works well. Best of luck.
So I was able to find an ultrasonic humidifier sitting around in the garage:cheer: the relative humidity in the room starting to dip down around 25-30% I tried the towels, they helped but are kind of a pain for me to use in the tent. Having a humidifier is a lot easier than hangging towels, checking, and rewetting them:thumb:

IMG_0720_2_.jpg

IMG_0728_2_.jpg

Start of week 3
9-K.O kush (sex unknown) 1 is a runt and may be pulled soon
RH is now 45-55%
Mh 630 watts
Room Temp
High 75.6 Low 66.3
ppm up to 850
Res Temp 68
Ph 5.8

Also the reverse osmosis filter I ordered should be here tonight or tomorrow, I'm so happy I wont have to go to the store to buy water any more. I really loved going to the store to buy water 10 gals at a time, it took 3 trips to do a water change :biglaugh: I'd use my tap water but the water here is so hard you could walk on it :surf:

You have some very very nice growing tools at your disposal. Should make for some very very nice meds indeed! Is this the 5x5 tent? or is it a 4x8? I have a couple of suggestions for you after I get that answer.

Hey Alaskan:welcome: and thank you for coming by, Glad you stoped by!:Namaste:

Sorry I jumped all over in the intro. I'm in the 4x8, the 5x5 had light leaks and the door was a pain.

Hey Alaskan:welcome: and thank you for coming by, Glad you stoped by!:Namaste:

Sorry I jumped all over in the intro. I'm in the 4x8, the 5x5 had light leaks and the door was a pain.

In the 4x8 tent you can easily fit the 6 bucket expansion pack. (just a heads up) I also have the controller sitting outside my tent. I cut slits in the bottom of the tent to get tubing thru. Gives me more room in my tent for a bucket and also helps keep the tent a lil cooler. Not that the controller makes a lot of heat but every bit helps I figure.

You may want to look at getting a small pump inside the res. This will do a few things. It will help keep the nutes mixed well and help cool the mixture in the res. :thumb:

You may want to straighten out your buckets so they are all equally distanced from each other. Go take a look at mine and they all look like army soldiers ready for inspection lol This helps fill the buckets equally at the same time. Also, make sure to have the same number of buckets in each row. If you have to fill a bucket with hydroton and no plant in it then thats what you have to do.

Don't mean to sound pushy, just sound advice given to me by other members on here. Passing on what I have learned :Namaste:

I will be following your grow my fellow flo n grower!

You should get Xlr8 in here to look at your grow. He is the Flo n Gro master. Infact I think the fooker has like Jedi status now lol

In the 4x8 tent you can easily fit the 6 bucket expansion pack. (just a heads up) I also have the controller sitting outside my tent. I cut slits in the bottom of the tent to get tubing thru. Gives me more room in my tent for a bucket and also helps keep the tent a lil cooler. Not that the controller makes a lot of heat but every bit helps I figure.

You may want to look at getting a small pump inside the res. This will do a few things. It will help keep the nutes mixed well and help cool the mixture in the res. :thumb:

You may want to straighten out your buckets so they are all equally distanced from each other. Go take a look at mine and they all look like army soldiers ready for inspection lol This helps fill the buckets equally at the same time. Also, make sure to have the same number of buckets in each row. If you have to fill a bucket with hydroton and no plant in it then thats what you have to do.

Don't mean to sound pushy, just sound advice given to me by other members on here. Passing on what I have learned :Namaste:

You should get Xlr8 in here to look at your grow. He is the Flo n Gro master. Infact I think the fooker has like Jedi status now lol

No worries at all, you didn't sound pushy!:thumb:

I see what you're saying and agree about the buckets yours are in nice lines mine are not. I'm going to straighten my buckets around and whip them into shape, they'll be in tight formation by tomorrow night.:high-five:

Thanks for the heads up on the 6 bucket expansion, 18 sites would be a lot of fun, I'd need a new mother to fill that many sites. I've got my fingers crossed that I'll find a keeper out of the 9 I have.

I really like the idea of having the controller outside of the tent, I'd just be scared to cut my light tight tent.

I've been reading X's Journals and he really is like a Jedi. I'll send him a message and see if he'll stop by.

Also I have a pump in the res to mix that baby up:high-five:

No worries at all, you didn't sound pushy!:thumb:

I see what you're saying and agree about the buckets yours are in nice lines mine are not. I'm going to straighten my buckets around and whip them into shape, they'll be in tight formation by tomorrow night.:high-five:

Thanks for the heads up on the 6 bucket expansion, 18 sites would be a lot of fun, I'd need a new mother to fill that many sites. I've got my fingers crossed that I'll find a keeper out of the 9 I have.

I really like the idea of having the controller outside of the tent, I'd just be scared to cut my light tight tent.

I've been reading X's Journals and he really is like a Jedi. I'll send him a message and see if he'll stop by.

Also I have a pump in the res to mix that baby up:high-five:

I put tape around where the hoses go into the tent. I was closed into my tent tonight and saw no light coming in at all. Wasn't sure if the wife was going to ever let me out lol

Not sure what state your located at but here in Washington most of the dispesaries here have clones you can purchase. Put them into veg and before you throw them into bloom cut some clones off and keep them as mothers!

Only have a moment, but want to sub quick! :popcorn:

You guys give me way too much credit, but thank you sincerely nonetheless. :thanks:

Can't wait to follow your grow. You'll love the Flo N Gro, it's a great system. :)

Just a couple of clarifications based on what's worked for me...

The control bucket doesn't add any heat (that I can discern) so it should be fine in the tent if it fits better and works that way. I don't have room OUTSIDE the tent, lol. Alaskan1, I don't think they need to have the same number per line, nor do I think they need to be evenly spaced. I do think you want to keep the count close per "run", and the run distances somewhat close, but I've had no problem having different numbers per run (I'd remove any extra buckets before keeping the runs the same, personally, but if it's there make sure no light is getting in).

I also stagger them like Smallzz in order to fit the plants better (of course I'm usually only doing no more than 3-6 at a time). Personally, I would remove any empty buckets and go with less in one line than another (vs. just having hydroton in it). Hope I didn't confuse with this somehow in an earlier post to you Alaskan1. Sometimes it's hard to convey things over the internet. Too bad we don't all live in the same neighborhood - would be so much easier! :)

Reverse osmosis unit showed up yesterday. All my free time yesterday was setting up the unit, moving pots around, clean house, and doing a res change. I didn't even have time to jump on :420: all day :nomo:

IMG_0757_2_.jpg

IMG_0767_2_.jpg

I didn't get any pics of the unit setup. I have it filling a 2nd 55 gal drum with a float valve. When I need to change res water I pump the old water down a drain in the grow room, then I fill from the spare barrel! works great no more 5 gals jugs of water, My back is so happy!

0 ppm now thats more like it good clean water. Starting ppm from the tap here is about 225-300ppm
IMG_0800_2_.jpg

I shortened each run they were at 24 inchs between buckets which is uncut. I cut the hoses down to 12 inchs mine were way spread out, I think they look better now still staggered thought!
IMG_0791_2_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom