Smallzz - Flow n Grow - K.O Kush F4 - 2012

I put tape around where the hoses go into the tent. I was closed into my tent tonight and saw no light coming in at all. Wasn't sure if the wife was going to ever let me out lol

Not sure what state your located at but here in Washington most of the dispesaries here have clones you can purchase. Put them into veg and before you throw them into bloom cut some clones off and keep them as mothers!

:rofl: I can picture it now Ak1! You climbing into the tent being zipped up by your wife, sitting in the dark letting you eyes adjust, then calling out "honey you can let me out now"...... (fans running)....."hey honey?".......
(more noise from the fans)....."Honey!?!?!" :laughtwo:

Sad thing is that the state I live in right now frowns down upon MMJ users, so picking up clones is out of the question. I'll Veg the K.O for 4 more week then take cuttings from all of them, the best plant(s) will be saved to be mother(s)

Only have a moment, but want to sub quick! :popcorn:

You guys give me way too much credit, but thank you sincerely nonetheless. :thanks:

Can't wait to follow your grow. You'll love the Flo N Gro, it's a great system. :)

Hey Xlr :welcome: I was just going to ask if you'd stop by and have a look see, and to my surprise your already here! Thanks for stopping by it's great to have you along.
:Namaste:

I do have to say I love my Flow n Grow! It's been great so far I can't wait to start flowering in it!:thumb:

Thanks for you thoughts on this Xlr I have 3 runs each with 3 pots I moved them closer now as they were a little spread out.

Looks great so far, and I love the new RO set-up. Alaskan1's plants are thriving so much, he had like 4" of growth a day or two ago!

I do something similar with the float valve and the RO system. I came up with a way that's worked really slick for me so far:

I put a float valve on both reservoirs (barrels in your case). One is in use during the week, filled with nutrients. One is filled with RO water. Just before weekly reservoir change, I add nutrients in the one with RO water and mix it all up, PH balance it, etc. Then, I "switch lids" (hoses and pump dangle from active reservoir lid) so that the active reservoir is now the one I just mixed up. Then, I clean the reservoir that was in use, and refill it with RO water before the next reservoir change. I repeat this weekly, etc. Does that make sense? Lots of good ways to do this sort of thing, but thought I'd share what's been working pretty well for me so far. Sounds like you've worked out your own good system for managing it. :thumb:

I really like your set up - looks great. That tri-meter you have rocks!

Looks great so far, and I love the new RO set-up. Alaskan1's plants are thriving so much, he had like 4" of growth a day or two ago!

I do something similar with the float valve and the RO system. I came up with a way that's worked really slick for me so far:

I put a float valve on both reservoirs (barrels in your case). One is in use during the week, filled with nutrients. One is filled with RO water. Just before weekly reservoir change, I add nutrients in the one with RO water and mix it all up, PH balance it, etc. Then, I "switch lids" (hoses and pump dangle from active reservoir lid) so that the active reservoir is now the one I just mixed up. Then, I clean the reservoir that was in use, and refill it with RO water before the next reservoir change. I repeat this weekly, etc. Does that make sense? Lots of good ways to do this sort of thing, but thought I'd share what's been working pretty well for me so far. Sounds like you've worked out your own good system for managing it. :thumb:

I really like your set up - looks great. That tri-meter you have rocks!

:thanks:Xlr I couldn't be happier with the unit, 200gpd, 1:2 waste water, and you can flush the sediment filters by a turn of a valve to help make the filters last longer.

That's so awesome Alaskan1 is having good growths with all the problems he's had, he deserves some good new for a change:high-five:

Makes perfect sense and really is a slick idea :thumb: it would make res changing faster! I'd only have to pump water ones a change instead of 2. I'd need some new 1/4 line and a float valve to hook it up like that, hmmm what to do, what to do:hmmmm:

Yeah the tri-meter is my baby:circle-of-love: It's the first thing I always see when I walk into the room! Its great knowing what the Res temp, ppm, and Ph are in seconds. Calibrating it take like 10 seconds to :grinjoint:

:thanks:Xlr I couldn't be happier with the unit, 200gpd, 1:2 waste water, and you can flush the sediment filters by a turn of a valve to help make the filters last longer.

That's so awesome Alaskan1 is having good growths with all the problems he's had, he deserves some good new for a change:high-five:

Makes perfect sense and really is a slick idea :thumb: it would make res changing faster! I'd only have to pump water ones a change instead of 2. I'd need some new 1/4 line and a float valve to hook it up like that, hmmm what to do, what to do:hmmmm:

Yeah the tri-meter is my baby:circle-of-love: It's the first thing I always see when I walk into the room! Its great knowing what the Res temp, ppm, and Ph are in seconds. Calibrating it take like 10 seconds to :grinjoint:

I have quick connects for my 1/4" lines, so I just needed the extra float valve with quick connect coupling on the outside. Then I just move the 1/4" tubing from one to the other. Not sure if that makes sense, and I have a different RO system so I'm not sure how yours connects exactly.

On a separate note, I didn't mean to come across as though I was dismissing Alaskan1's post/ideas. He's been doing a great job with the Flo N Gro, and is one of the nicest people I've met on here, so I feel very bad for not being more thoughtful about how my post might have come across.

I am no expert at all on the Flo N Gro, and his ideas/way may be better than mine. I do think he's right - there are advantages to keeping the numbers even or the runs close to the same length. I just wanted to share what has/hasn't worked for me so far, and my thoughts on it. I didn't mean to suggest my thoughts/ideas/methods were the only or even the correct way. If that makes sense! I'm still figuring this stuff out, too. :)

:rofl: I can picture it now Ak1! You climbing into the tent being zipped up by your wife, sitting in the dark letting you eyes adjust, then calling out "honey you can let me out now"...... (fans running)....."hey honey?".......
(more noise from the fans)....."Honey!?!?!" :laughtwo:

Sad thing is that the state I live in right now frowns down upon MMJ users, so picking up clones is out of the question. I'll Veg the K.O for 4 more week then take cuttings from all of them, the best plant(s) will be saved to be mother(s)

Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head Smallz. I was stuck in there for a bit. All I heard was..................it's not so funny NOW IS IT ???

Too bad about the unfriendly mmj state. Ours is trying to pass a law that would make things worse for a guy like me. I grow for dispensaries, myself and other mmj patients. If this law passes I will no longer be able to grow ANYTHING and all the money and time I have invested are for not.

I have quick connects for my 1/4" lines, so I just needed the extra float valve with quick connect coupling on the outside. Then I just move the 1/4" tubing from one to the other. Not sure if that makes sense, and I have a different RO system so I'm not sure how yours connects exactly.

On a separate note, I didn't mean to come across as though I was dismissing Alaskan1's post/ideas. He's been doing a great job with the Flo N Gro, and is one of the nicest people I've met on here, so I feel very bad for not being more thoughtful about how my post might have come across.

I am no expert at all on the Flo N Gro, and his ideas/way may be better than mine. I do think he's right - there are advantages to keeping the numbers even or the runs close to the same length. I just wanted to share what has/hasn't worked for me so far, and my thoughts on it. I didn't mean to suggest my thoughts/ideas/methods were the only or even the correct way. If that makes sense! I'm still figuring this stuff out, too. :)

No worries X. We all have different ideas on how things should be done or what works. You have taught me more things then anyone else. And others have taught me a lot so that says something about just how much you have helped me. :Namaste:
:peace: my brother !!!

Smallz where ya been hiding?
Well, I ran out of Meds for about 5 days, I've been sand blasting and painting a 60 foot lowboy trailer this past week, all I've been able to do when I get home is check on the baby's then lay in bed.:nomo: Holy crap I forgot how bad sandblasting can hurt my back.

Thanks to a really great friend that stopped by today, I was able to get some tincture for my back and some frosty nugs for the vape to help sleep!:sleep: I feel so much better already I'm really starting to like tincture for my pains!:love:

I'm just now trying to get caught up on all I've missed :reading420magazine:

Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head Smallz. I was stuck in there for a bit. All I heard was..................it's not so funny NOW IS IT ???

Too bad about the unfriendly mmj state. Ours is trying to pass a law that would make things worse for a guy like me. I grow for dispensaries, myself and other mmj patients. If this law passes I will no longer be able to grow ANYTHING and all the money and time I have invested are for not.
Yeah sorry about that not funny at all, I'd hate being stuck in there I'm claustrophobic. When I check my tent I leave the zipper open just enough to fit a finger between the zippers so I can still open it up when I'm in side.

I'm sorry to hear that bud I really hope that doesn't come to pass!

I have quick connects on the unit so that would work really great:thumb: X you are the man! I'm going to order a new 1/4 float valve this week.

No worrys X more than one opinion is a good thing you both have been helping me and I am very grateful for both your opinions:Namaste:

Thank you X and Alaskan:thanks:

Wish I had quick connects for my 3/4 in hose on the flo n gro. Those things are a bitch to disconnect!

In the beginning of one of Mr Smith's threads he has a really cool quick connect sort of thing he did with his (Ebb n Gro same basic thing). I want to come back to that eventually, as it looked like an awesome idea! I just "found" this again, and I agree it would be nice. Check this out fellas!:

Link to the post/journal:
Hydroponics

Picture of his system with the quick connects:
023_edited-1.jpg

All I know is I want something like those on mine now!

In the beginning of one of Mr Smith's threads he has a really cool quick connect sort of thing he did with his (Ebb n Gro same basic thing). I want to come back to that eventually, as it looked like an awesome idea! I just "found" this again, and I agree it would be nice. Check this out fellas!:

Link to the post/journal:
Hydroponics

Picture of his system with the quick connects:
023_edited-1.jpg

All I know is I want something like those on mine now!

I will be shooting Mr Smith an email tonight you can count on that lol
I need to know where he got them

I will be shooting Mr Smith an email tonight you can count on that lol
I need to know where he got them

It's in his thread if you click the link and read the posts around that one. I think he said Lowes if I remember right.

Back
Top Bottom