Smart Meters?

calidreaming

Have smart meters cought anyone out in the UK that anyone knows of? These things deliver real time info to our energy suppliers. I agreed to have one fitted wen I'd stopped growing for a while and didn't think I'd come back but obviously I did lol.
I'm on a strict 18/6 cycle 365 days a year running auto's. My grow room usage was around 550 watts an hour. Iv upped it this grow to around 1000watts and hour or 1kw. Online the average 3 bed house uses 4500kw a year. With our general household stuff plus my grow room weel be using roughly 10,000 kw a year electric clicking on and off everyday at the the same 18/6 schedule.

Just a touch paranoid. I'm a total "tell know one" guy.
But this energy live feed makes me Un easy.

Any comments appreciated

I think you should move to a place that has no smart meter. If possible. I doubt the electric company would actually rat anyone out for using more than normal, surely they want you to keep using up shit loads of the electricity they are selling you. I mean they must know that if they report you to the pigs then you will stop using gat am out of electric, lowering their profits is not in their interest.

Having said that though I would me purely for peace of mind to somewhere whith no smart meter.

Back
Top Bottom