Smell changes?

spazcore

This is my first harvest and I noticed that when i trimmed and jarred this strain it smelled and taste like fruit but after just 1 day in the jar the smell is much more skunky rather than fruity is that normal?

How long did you dry before jarring? With proper slow drying then curing you will enhance the smell and flavour of the bud , depending on strain some smell different when dried no biggi , just watch out for mold, enjoy the fruits of your labour

4 days on the stalk than another 2 on the branches. I smoked a few of them before jarring and they were great smell like lemon and apples and really pungent almost menthol effect on the eyes when you get close enough. It was great...but now it's kinda grassy.

Will that go away after burping it a few days?

Nobody can answer that for you, so wait a few days and see for yourself. It depends on the strain you're growing, the method you use to dry, and your timing.

Like Woogie said, it should get better with curing.

Patience, grasshopper! Learn by doing.

This is all learning lol I learned that gallon buckets in a 24 inch grow space is waaaaaay too much lol I gotta build a taller grow space now

I think I got a couple of those from my dispensary on 420....little brown pouches like they put in jerky to keep it fresh?

I think I got a couple of those from my dispensary on 420....little brown pouches like they put in jerky to keep it fresh?

Sounds like them, think they have B62 on the front or something like that.

In general i find the smell does change from harvest wet & during the slow air dry some times i get a the damp hay smell with some strains whilst slow drying but aroma picks up towards the end then i know i'm almost ready for curing once all pre checks are done like stem snaps with out fully breaking etc.

Curing is an interesting process normally done for a couple of weeks perhaps more to some individual standards after all we all have our own opinions on the matter !

Strains with a hint of fuel can be pretty loud when burping the jars in the first few weeks of curing but mellows out a little, then ya get the back ground hints, notes of flavour in the dried bud.

Kush strains are pretty cool to take sniff off when curing like earthy, mossy with wiff of sweetness in the smell perhaps other notes off smell depending on what it was backed with in breeding...

Just breath in take a good long smell relax & savoir the aroma, ya know when you have some fine bud :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh ye longer curing brings out the smoothness in the smoke.

If you dry the weed too fast, which is the most common error in growing weed other than over fertilizing, that can make the weed grassy when dried. Also not flushing properly can make weed smell different when dry. If it was still green when harvested its not unusual for the weed to smell grassy when dry also. Dry slowly and then cure. that way the chlorophyll will break down properly and the buds will change as they ripen like a good cheese.

Never used nutes but in first week of flower for those plants so flushing isn't an issue and I'm sure 6 days of hang drying is plenty. I checked the stems and smoked a few of the buds and they smoked just fine

Back
Top Bottom