Smell?what to do about it

Grow Box Construction
I'm not sure how to do the link back thing, but here is where you will find a homemade filter - page 4.

Grow Box Construction
I'm not sure how to do the link back thing, but here is where you will find a homemade filter - page 4.
I got a sweet cabinet Tall=69 3/8
Wide=25 5/8
Deep=18 7/8
I'm broke as a joke so I gotta keep it cheap,any suggestions would help.I'll start a Grow Journal when I start.I should be able to fit 3or4 plants in that area?:smokin:

Scrub it before it leaves the room :cheesygrinsmiley:

and vent 3-4 stories above the sidewalk.

One of the reasons the last farm was picked, fireplace on the third floor :cheesygrinsmiley:

What the hell are you saying? I get most of it but ?I'm just doing a small box grow,I live so far in the woods I dont know what a sidewalk even is.:Rasta:

I am in the same boat. I used clean salt bags for my pots(From water softener), CFL's for the lights, stripped lamps for the light holders, and tin foil for the walls. (I know thats not good, but its better then nothing)

But you know what? They are growing and doing really well. I will start flowering in a week or so. I never took photos or started a journal because it's just too hillbilly lookin.. lol!

I am in the same boat. I used clean salt bags for my pots(From water softener), CFL's for the lights, stripped lamps for the light holders, and tin foil for the walls. (I know thats not good, but its better then nothing)

But you know what? They are growing and doing really well. I will start flowering in a week or so. I never took photos or started a journal because it's just too hillbilly lookin.. lol!

Thats great,do you know how much you spent on the CFL's,and \over all cost?:cheesygrinsmiley:

After the soil, 3 new bulbs (I have about 6 for flowering already in the house) and some starting nutes, about 50 bucks, maybe. :)

As soon as I can I will get some sea tea, mylar, and bathroom multi light fixture that holds 10 bulbs. That will probably cost about 80 bucks.

I will take photos of my plants tonight, then figure out how to post them here.

I got my 400w hps bulb and fixture for $110 online.

Ouch man.I'm on disability and because of how young I was when the car wreck happened(actually I had worked just under seven years when to get disability you have to work at least 10 years,but with all my overtime and how much I was making I just got over the hump and earned it)so because of how young I was I was put in the lowest bracket,I make less than 7 beans a month.I got pennies after bills.

I am waiting for mine to be approved, been outta work for3 years. They denied me first time (Turns out they always do and it takes a lawyer) so thats what I did.

Now they will owe me 2 years back pay and 1800 a month. But it takes forever to get it all done.

I put some photos into the gallery, but I'm not sure how to get them from there to here. I better go read and smoke a bowl.

I am waiting for mine to be approved, been outta work for3 years. They denied me first time (Turns out they always do and it takes a lawyer) so thats what I did.

Now they will owe me 2 years back pay and 1800 a month. But it takes forever to get it all done.

I put some photos into the gallery, but I'm not sure how to get them from there to here. I better go read and smoke a bowl.

They denyed me 3 times even though the doctors were saying they had to amputate at mid calf.When it happened I was living with a girlfriend but wasn't on the lease.So I had to go on town aid and ha ve a landlords letter,they gave me 20 over what my rent was.Couldn't get a lawyer,I just figured I was so broken they would have to take me,then finally when i
they took me,I had to pay back every penney

Odor control is a necessary part of being a successful marijuana grower. There are multitudes of products on the market today - air fresheners & sprays, carpet granules & deoderizors, scented candles, incense, odor absorbers and odor removers. Also available are air cleaners, with or without ionizers, potpourris, activated charcoal products, and odor - absorbing kitty litters, to name a few.

For continuous freshening, air fresheners are cheap and plentiful. They come in assorted scents, and may be hung all over the house. Incense and potpourri are cheap and stronger - scented - these will mask most odors. Scented candles are good for long - term or continuous odor masking.

For unexpected company, spray air fresheners are good for fast, immediate, although temporary, masking of unwanted odors. Other similar products are disinfectant/deoderizor sprays, which remove odors instead of masking them.

Fabric softener sheets are a good source of 24/7 odor control also - they can be laid in a windowsill or hung in inconspicuous places around the home. These are also good when tucked into vacuum - cleaner bags.

Carpet granules are good to use daily, but they must be vacuumed up immediately. Carpet powders may be sprinkled onto the carpet and left for several days, as they are not obvious on the lighter - colored carpets. A container of kitty litter is very effective - it must be stirred several times a day to release the fragrance. Activated charcoal may be used in the same manner. Pet deoderizers are cheap and plentiful, and very effective.

On the more expensive side and for good, continuous odor control, room - size air cleaners are nice for small growrooms, while huge, multiple - room - size units may be purchased for total in - house management. Some of these units have built - in ionizers. These products also have filters which must be replaced routinely in order to continue to be effective.

Ozone cleaners are also available, although they must be run intermittently and are somewhat dangerous. Carbon - scrubbers are the most effective, although the carbon must be changed routinely to maintain clean air. The price for scrubbers varies widely, from a simple home - made unit to an expensive, deluxe model.

Growing indoor flowering plants, or fragrant herbs such as lemon sage or castor beans, works very well, especially when placed in sunny spots to promote the spread of the scents of these plants.

Good emergency "fixes" are cleaning products - bleach, pine cleaner, window cleaner, and furniture wax have strong odors that will cover other scents. Simmering onions or garlic is very effective. Strongly - scented soaps or colognes and perfumes work instant wonders. As do cigarettes or fragrant cigars.

Sprays and powders cost little, but frequent use will increase the overall cost, while the room or house - sized units have a higher initial cash outlay, but are long - lasting and very effective. There is odor control available for every grower.

Thanks for the information guys. I too am considering a grow and this was a big concern of mine--along with the proper type of lighting to use. I'm not much of an electrician and I'm not trying to burn the joint down...lol! But this board provides a wealth of information and I'm sure when I finally do take the plunge, I'll be all set.

:bongrip: Peace.

Back
Top Bottom