Smells like Hay?

budluv

How to I make sure that my buds don't start smelling like hay?

I cut a pop corn bud off in the 7 week of budding and dried it over night to smoke
and noticed it smelled like grass/hay

Besides cutting down the plant when its ready what can I do to make sure the smell stays with it

The curing process will bring out the flavor and aromas. Assuming all has been done properly up to that time, such as flushing (don't know your grow style, medium, etc), and the bud is properly dried out before final curing. Lots of info here on that.

OK- so cut it down in about 2-3 weeks -- Bought a scope but its kinda too powerful to use, Just looked at a pop corn bud and it seems to be all foggy trichomes so by the 9th week of flowering is should be perfect,

I grow outdoors in soil outdoors
water with nuts everyday and also add Black Strap every couple waters
Everything is going perfect for the most part, Just want to make sure my buds come out smelling like the hard work that was put into them lol

Hay smell/taste is caused by too much chlorophyll. Which is caused by drying too fast. Let the plant dry slowly. 5-7 days.

Stop watering every day, don't use nutes every day. Once every 5-7 days is fine for water and nutes. Limited water helps promote explosive root growth.

I'll dry it slow

But I'm not stopping how I water or my Nutes.... My plant in a large 4x4 with tons of dirt in the direct 80-100 degrees temps of the FL sun all day long... It need it trust me
It's thriving otherwise, The root system is a beast, Its taken up all off the 4x4 space and is 2 /12 feet deep

I'll dry it slow

But I'm not stopping how I water or my Nutes.... My plant in a large 4x4 with tons of dirt in the direct 80-100 degrees temps of the FL sun all day long... It need it trust me
It's thriving otherwise, The root system is a beast, Its taken up all off the 4x4 space and is 2 /12 feet deep

Anyways Today was my last day of Nutes as I ran out lol
I Start flushing on thur anyhow

Back
Top Bottom