Smoke and ash

Canachris

I'm sitting here smoking a fatty with my bonsai Plants in the window an the smoke is going out the window an I'm flicking ashes into the little container.is the smoke going to harm them? is the ash good bad for the soil? if it's a good thing I produce tons of it

20210613_092136.jpg

20210613_092023.jpg

Just my opinion but in both cases, I believe that a small amount will not harm them, but I wouldn't go out of my way to give either.
Smoke can (and does) leave a residue on anything it touches, including leaves - Idk if there is any benefit but your breath is probably a better co2 boost than smoke for that reason.
Ash can be used beneficially depending on what you need, typically ash is used to raise pH. It can supply minerals in some cases - but that is wood ash, I am not clear on if tobacco/weed ash qualifies the same.

So you're tokin' but worried your plants won't like it lol
@Sueet is absolutely right to say that the tar in smoke can clog stomata and poison the air while increasing Co2 levels, but not with the odd smoke by a window
Re ash - it has to be wood ash
Looking good, bump 'em up with a shot of CalMag + PK 13/14 (& Humic if poss)
Stand back...

@High bloomer
Soaked cigarette butts will have a myriad of chemicals present I would not want on my plant(s).
But U listen to big business that throws all sorts of chemicals in everyday things
most likely ur hyro chemicals. And ur point is quite obvious and the unknown chemicals r bad but it works and worth giving a go if ur a smoker. I'm saying it's been done longer than seaweed has been used as a fertilizer no bad effects unless U do it at a flush stage I suppose like any other pesticides

Back
Top Bottom