Smoke it or eat it?

cropduster044

My first harvest in many years finally happened but now I have a couple of problems that may not allow me the time and/or space to properly cure my ladies.

The plants are in the process of drying but with parents and (very curious) teenage kids in the house, I am really apprehensive about trying to spend several more weeks moving them around to avoid discovery.

So - my question is this...can I make cannabutter from buds that are dried but not cured? Would the potency be up there? (I'm thinking no). I have a few oz and would be willing to sacrifice a little potency as long as I can process the product asap and get on with not worrying about someone finding it. Because of the family situation, it's usually much simpler to eat it than to vape it. Also, I prefer to eat it due to the longer high - I have major back problems and doing edibles seems to take the edge off the pain much better.

Thanks for any help.:peace:

hi. Mate in my opinion, you already done the work if its dried, you can cure to make it better but without time whats wrong with it just dried, prob still better than dealer bud.
But if you really want to make butter or something then of course it will be potent it a finished bud isnt it. You can do whatever with it, id smoke it though, standard.

O yeah an if it already dried then curing it is the easiest part for your house you bag or jar it and hide it in a dark place where no one can find it.
:bong: it

I would honestly find a buddy that will allow you to do the curing process at their place and see how they turn out and then turn them into edibles if you so please. Just make sure your treats don't get left around for the parents or kids to eat. If the plant is already dry then curing usually takes place inside of a jar anyways which won't be as noticeable. The smell will be trapped in the jar until you open it and commence the curing process a couple times a day for about five minutes. This could be done outside when no one else is home to avoid getting caught. Once your stuff is cured right then you'll have the choice to do either with your bud at higher potency.

Seems like a win win.

If you still have quite a while in the dry phase you may consider hooking up a buddy with some in exchange to do it there to avoid both getting caught and shorting yourself of your hard work in the last phase.

My first harvest in many years finally happened but now I have a couple of problems that may not allow me the time and/or space to properly cure my ladies.

The plants are in the process of drying but with parents and (very curious) teenage kids in the house, I am really apprehensive about trying to spend several more weeks moving them around to avoid discovery.

So - my question is this...can I make cannabutter from buds that are dried but not cured? Would the potency be up there? (I'm thinking no). I have a few oz and would be willing to sacrifice a little potency as long as I can process the product asap and get on with not worrying about someone finding it. Because of the family situation, it's usually much simpler to eat it than to vape it. Also, I prefer to eat it due to the longer high - I have major back problems and doing edibles seems to take the edge off the pain much better.

Thanks for any help.:peace:

whats good cropduster!
yes actually if you have ever heard of the oven method for drying, it is what growers use to dry out their crops right away after harvest so that they could grind it all up and set it into the butter!!! so to answer your question. YES as long as they are dry!!!

hope this helps!!!

:peacetwo:

I came across a solution that might just solve the problem - I came across a few compressor based compact refrigerators at KMart, Target, Wally World, and the like that will cool down to at least 38F for less than a bill...fairly large interior (1.7 to 2.8 cu ft), or at least large enough for several oz, maybe even as much as a kilo or more that will keep my stash cold and cured for as long as I need. These fridges are small enough to fit in a dark corner of a closet, are very quiet, and are pretty close to being pretty much what I need.

For what it's worth, I vaped a little taste last night that had been drying for almost 2 weeks with no curing and it's pretty damn good as is and is as dank as most anything I've ever had (Mother Chucker's Silver Jack - the Jack Herer adds SO much to the stone) so I really want to cure it because it's only gonna get better from here :)

Thanks for all the suggestions - wish I could share a little with y'all. I vaped 3 hits and forgot where I was (hell - I forgot WHO I was!) :adore: and this was without even manicuring...I can hardly wait till them little trichs grow up in a couple months - this iz gonna be some kick-ass bud!

I came across a solution that might just solve the problem - I found a few compressor based compact refrigerators at KMart, Target, Wally World, and the like that will cool down to at least 38F for less than a bill...fairly large interior (1.7 to 2.8 cu ft), or at least large enough for several oz, maybe even as much as a kilo or more that will keep my stash cold and cured for as long as I need. These fridges are small enough to fit in a dark corner of a closet, are very quiet, and are pretty close to being pretty much what I need.

For what it's worth, I vaped a little taste last night that had been drying for almost 2 weeks with no curing and it's pretty damn good as is and is as dank as most anything I've ever had (Mother Chucker's Silver Jack - the Jack Herer adds SO much to the stone) so I really want to cure it because it's only gonna get better from here :)

Thanks for all the suggestions - wish I could share a little with y'all. I vaped 3 hits and forgot where I was (hell - I forgot WHO I was!) :adore: and this was without even manicuring...I can hardly wait till them little trichs grow up in a couple months - this iz gonna be some kick-ass bud!

Back
Top Bottom