Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

Smokemupm8

* Hello guys, Welcome to my 2nd Journal:thumb: *

First of all, Ill start by saying - This plant was not fully intended to grow, as if i had of been able to keep all my yield from my previous grow, i wouldnt of had to start this so I kept this plant and another alive with my CFL for a week or 2 up until we were robbed.
So that kind of forced my hand alittle to have to do another grow to fill up my supply long enough.
ANYWAY HERES THE DETAILS OF THIS GROW:

Indoor or Outdoor?: Indoor
Growing medium: Soil ( 100% Humus and Pot mix w/Cal/mag )
Pot size:25 liters
Lighting: 1 x 400w MH for Veg, then 400w HPS for flower
Strain: Not 100%, was told Big Bud, but is not reliable, Do believe to be an Indica Strain?
Nutrients/Feed Menu: Seasol - Powerfeed (N,P,K trace elements,Amino Acids etc;, Seasol - Seaweed extract Plant conditioner, Urea as N if needed,sulphate of Potash as P if needed, Trace element mix..

As i mentioned before, these 2 plants werent really maintained at first so they lagged behind a little IMO, But they both showed good growth traits, I originally was going to keep the other but went with this girl, and due to the break-in, Ive named her " Kiksumass ".. Since moving her into her final pot, and under the MH, she has taken off well.
It is still in the early stages atm, but ive set her up for a good base of branches to grow out - somewhat similar to my last LST, But im hoping to not have as many Primary branches ( 13) but a few more with more size..
Though it will depend on how this strain reacts to the LST, im not trying to go as much as i did with Cindy but im going to have to be doing some tethering again soon i reckon:):)
I only have a few sparatic pictures of Kiksumass' grow so far, but not much has happened other than her breaking ground, and now being big enough to work on!! And YES.. Ive removed a few fan leaves already:thumb: It is vital i did for the best lighting and direction for bending her for lst..
Thank you for taking the time to check out my new Lil Project here, Hope to have a nice plant to show you all in about 6weeks,Pending on her size I may flower before.. HERES HER PICS FROM SPROUT til NOW.. Enjoy, Thanks again guys!

2012-10-18_17_44_23.jpg
Just before Sprouting:)
2012-10-27_14_29_19.jpg
About 5 days later..
THEN AFTER ROOTS WERE BIG ENOUGH - TRANSPLANT INTO FINAL POT. Photo's taken a Week or so later..
2012-11-12_19_39_04.jpg
2012-11-12_19_38_10.jpg
2012-11-12_19_39_22.jpg
2012-11-12_19_39_45.jpg
2012-11-12_19_40_25.jpg
Removed fan leaf @this point

2012-11-14_15_49_53.jpg
First tether point of LST.
2012-11-14_15_47_00.jpg
2012-11-14_15_47_21.jpg
2012-11-14_15_48_09.jpg
2012-11-14_15_48_46.jpg

Im hoping the first branches Ive exposed at the base, will all make their way into position over the next few days, then as she grows out further,the Apical top, Im going to let her grow sort of horizontally after this intial first bending point, so i hope it looks like ' \w/ ' with the bottom few levels all being set out, and the rest of the plant allowed to grow, It s pretty much how i set out Cindy. As if the Indica is more likely to be a little shorter/bushier plant - This SHOULD give me some good results.
Ill just let her adjust and then grow out some more as said, and then Ill have to see what she s doing, and then train her into the best positions for her cola's. Spacing will be my major concern, and i will be clearing out more space for each Primary cola, as i dont want too many wasted branches. I may still end up with some that dont perform as well due to Light, but this grow is alot more moveable and easier to access for me than my last pot.
Again, Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my new girl:) Take care everyone, Be safe, Be stoned..:thumb:
SMOKEMUP & Kiksumass:welcome::420::high-five:

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

re: Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

Well hello, KIKSUMASS, looking good they have alot of under growth and the fan leaves row so tight on some of them the lst will help big time get light to all those shoots which on my plant got rebent as well to try and maintain good light , they grow thick and quick should be another good ride mate.

re: Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

Hi Tony:)
Nice to make your aquaintance!!So Im gathering from your Avatar that youre a fellow Aussie??
May I enquire as to which state? IM currently near Victoria..
Anyway, Cheers for the Sub and remarks on my last grow, She really was a pretty decent plant, but as there were a few hold ups i may have even reduced her fairly large yield!
Im hoping this will be an ok grow myself:) As i need to build up some more Meds!!! But i will have to clear out more space later foliage wise if she s crowded. Well, again, thanks for stopping by!
Take care and will chat soon. Smokemup & Kiksumass..

Hey Scop,
Yeah - As with my last grow, I let the plant establish itself a little before training. When its big enough IMO ( No exact science ) I start to train it, and I removed the first few pairs of fan leaves, spaced apart a few days - for lighting to the base Primary branches - then I look to see where the best point to pull the plant down on by choosing a point in between the pairs of branches. So its like an ' X ' from above and you pull it the space between branches so like this ' X- ' the top is pulled to the right so from above you see the base branches, and then the main stem going to the right with the main cola.
When it comes to trimming, Try not to take alot off in one sit if its quite young or just into flower. But if she s big enough to start some removal of leaves, Just take the ones that obscure or block a bit of light from the branch shoots below.
I normally dont remove much from a plant as they need the leaves, but after this initial trim, she wont require much more until she s basically ready to flower.. I may have to take a few here and there but only if i cant tuck them under or move em out the way first.
If youre trying Lst - which I assume you are - Just take it easy with it, as the plant also has to position itself after the training too so once ouve finished setting out your plant how you like, let it grow a bit and then once big enough for you, maybe place a final few tether points on the branches and then have a look at what leaves may need removal once your plants into its near final position..
Hope this makes sense?? Soz Im a little baked atm.. And Ive only been awake for hour n a half, Not good combo for brain Activity!LOL..
Thank you for stopping by and for your comments on my girl:thumb: Hope you get some useful info from this. If you want to see roughly how i did my last set up, just go to my previous Journal and you can see from there how i set out my last girl:) Should help ya as its the same method Im using as on here.. Have a good one. Smokemup..

OG Ol' Mate!! Thanks for coming over here for a look:)
Yeah the growth ive left for KIKSUM's base is pretty much the same as what Cindy started out like... So in about 3 weeks, she should have mostly created her base and then will start to push all the branches SKYWARD:):) As this is an Indica possibly, Im not sure if they will be able to reach the same growth wise as my Sativa's? But if I can get her to grow well for me - ILL BE HAPPY!!
The only thing Ive noticed difference wise - Is that KIKSUMASS is thicker in her stems..
WHICH WILL BE GREAT FOR HOLDING UP SOME MASSIVE BUDS:thumb::thumb:
I will have to adjust the primary branch shoots soon as you said you do, as these soon - Will become Apical tops, or Main Cola's whatever you call them, So these will basically give me 6 Big Primary branches now and the rest will be made from the original Apical top as it grows larger.
I LOVE GANJA:):):circle-of-love: ITS THE BOMB!!! THanks OG, and I hope to see you over here a little later or sumthin':) Take care mate, and will chat soon. Smokemupm8;)

Mine was a Platinum Purple Kush plant, stocky and if let go the fan leaves would block all the light from the undergrowth even during lst, so from time to time you may want to remove a couple and let the light in, for me once lst's , and I go a little further than you i take her almost to the ground, then once the under shoots start coming out they get bent out to the edges of the planter so when they come back up there are main colas all the eay around the bucket and trim the inside like a bowl to allow light in seems to work with the ones I have going now and if he had been a she she would be right there with them. Best of luck with her can't wait for flowers.

Emily about a week old
IMAG007615.jpg

IMAG020216.jpg

and the last one is a few days after sprouting under the 600w hps. You will like how they grow

Hi Tony:)
Nice to make your aquaintance!!So Im gathering from your Avatar that youre a fellow Aussie??
May I enquire as to which state? IM currently near Victoria..
Anyway, Cheers for the Sub and remarks on my last grow, She really was a pretty decent plant, but as there were a few hold ups i may have even reduced her fairly large yield!
Im hoping this will be an ok grow myself:) As i need to build up some more Meds!!! But i will have to clear out more space later foliage wise if she s crowded. Well, again, thanks for stopping by! Smokemup & Kiksumass..

Hey man how things!
I most certainly am in AUS and am infact in the southern most state! The apple isle! Looking forward to your grow and please feel free to drop in and see the way mine heading. There are a few aussies in there so its bound to be fun! The link is in my sig brother and you are most welcome :thumb:
Take care and will chat soon.

Thanks Og.. Yeah I see what you mean! She is bushing out nice atm.. Ive set her out now for the most part, and will see how she goes from here.. Im trying to space the trimming now as its still young, but yeah, If i need to will take one or two.
Im interested to see how it goes now, She s caught my eye so i hope its all good. My technique is not same as yours, close but slightly different.. So hows your garden of green going anyways?? Smokemup

Awwww So Cute.... Love the lil tackers, all full of potential and buds:) It does resemble the growth on Kiksumass ay?? Fatter rounder kind of leaves.. I like it, will be fun I reckon!! It doesnt take em long to grow really, you can i guess finish one in maybe 8 weeks? But its size would be smaller obviously. I try to do things quick if i do, but it also pends on the plant too as ya dont wana pull a plant thats just started growing flowers!! So you do have to give em some time to do their thing well..
Goodluck mate, have a good one and thanks for stopping by mate.. Smokemup n Kiksumass

Spring How you doing??
Thanks for the Sub! Yeah you got a front row seat buddy:)
But Im sorry as my nute shit is rather lame and boring.. I could tell you i use the sperm of a Baboon to make plants grow big - but it would only be the Half truth.. I just collect Baboon semen.. BAHAHA:):)
Anyways mate, iI will let you know what she gets and such, but for now, the soil should be adequate to sustain it for a bit. Dont need much nutes at this point. Maybe seaweed xtract..
WELL ANYWAYS IM A RIP ONE DOWN AND HIT THE HAY, SO THANKS AGAIN FOR DROPPING IN MATE:thumb: Be cool, and will chat soon k. have a good one.. Smokemup n Kiksumass..

Yeah cool Tony..
I have friends down your way actually.. Am heading over there next year possibly mid year, so maybe cya around!! Ol Tassie, My mate keeps tellin me to move over there, but IDK, i like solitude but its not right bein off the main land:) Never kno, I may like it!!
Never been there yet so will see.. Ill have to chek out your grow mate! Be good or good at it. Smokemup n Kiksumass;)

Thanks Og.. Yeah I see what you mean! She is bushing out nice atm.. Ive set her out now for the most part, and will see how she goes from here.. Im trying to space the trimming now as its still young, but yeah, If i need to will take one or two.
Im interested to see how it goes now, She s caught my eye so i hope its all good. My technique is not same as yours, close but slightly different.. So hows your garden of green going anyways?? Smokemup

Hey there my friend from down under, my grow is still going good, had top make a slight adjustment with feeding not being able to read all that fine print on the roots organic bottloes, went to my local green garden guy/ grower. Gave me some awesome Cherry kush. and found out they had a mag/ nitrogen def. So I readded the grow ferts and the Ca/Mag and they are doing better but nothing like the outside girls, can't wait tile spring to pop the KC Brains T.N.R. should be a straight up ripper taller than my house.

Thanks Spring!
Yeah well really, I shouldnt have had as much trouble toward end of last grow, I think the G/syrup definately had something to do with her probs, as all else i tried didnt have much effect, I did manage to get her well into flower tho so I was lucky.
The seaweed extract i use has a plant conditioner version, with minimal nutes - Then I have the Powerfeed which has N,P,K and amino acids, etc; Its great IMO. Dont need much more than these 2 items I believe, sure maybe some more P&K at flower but these are great for plants..
Cheers for stopping by mate! Hoping all is well, will drop in soon for a look:) Take it easy, Smokemup..

Shit thats a mad plant! Big as your house:) I LIKE IT!!
Wish i could mate.. People steal carrots around here, cant plant nuthin outside.. Well even inside for that matter!!
Man, I have stumbled onto a few people i think may have played a part in my FREE WEED DONATION to scum burgulars.. So Im itching to get my stuff and then have some fun..
KIKSUMASS is doing well atm, she s in a transition phase I guess youd call it where she s just setting out her branches from her tether points, so in a week or so she ll be in shape for her grow.. Im adding some pics of her soon anyway so you can see how she s going:)
Cheers for dropping by and your comments mate:thumb: Be cool, and chat soon. Smokemup..

Back
Top Bottom