Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed

Re: Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed - Blue Planet Nutrients

Hey Springa:)
Yeah I get ya.. And any info youre looking for just let me kno Ill try find it for ya.. Cindy s grow journal had some good posts in it from alot of guys..
Cheers for dropping in anyway mate;) This grow is meant to be set out in the same basic form as Cindy and even my last grow with Kiksumass, She still got me a pound of nice nugs!! Great to have you around buddy.. Take care and Ill let you guys know in 24hrs how my girl is going:)
Catch ya later mate, Smokemup

Well guys.. She s still kinda alive???
----^^^^~~~^^^-----^^^^~~~^^^--- Thats her heart beat btw! lol.. She s in intensive care. Ive put some wire around her on top of the tape to try support it. IT MAY HEAL - Hope fully due to the clean break it may mend itself? Has anyone had experience with grafting/or fixing a split /broken branch?? What tape or bracing did you use and how long was the heal period ( til there was a new join made where it split )
If the crown stays green and the shoots are still pointing up and green I guess Ill be ok:):) Thanks guys, Any advice appreciated.. Smokemup

Try youtube. I remember seeing something on grafting that spoke on similar topics as well. I was going to post one but I found dozens of vids on it!

stop stressing..she will be just fine..as long as she is well fed..the one i split in veg is now in flower..i didn't do anything to the split..its still split but healed...check it...

Picture_0887.jpg

just give it extra support when it buds up big. otherwise the weight will make it keep splitting.

LOL.. SPLIT??? YES, SIR I AGREE:):) Very similar to Lucy,s. BUT GUYS.. She is one tough cookie!!
It looks like she will survive guys, her top is now standing up and all shoots and leaves are fine, just the growing is slowed obviously - I hope that once she s healed the growth will get back to close as it was. With all the bracing I did she lived thru it - That elastic tape for sticking bandages together - IS GREAT for joining stems. As its stretchy and breathable, The few wires I wrapped around the tape gave it some more rigidity. So she is stable for now.
Her posiitoning is getting hard now tho - as the top isnt growing as fast as the rest of the plant now, the left side is gainig in height on the other now, so I dont know how this is gunna turn out??
All these shoots coming off are now establishing as main branches which is good, but its how theyre growing that will be the problem, if this cola grows slowly all the shoots below will overtake the main. I think I need to remove a branch again as theres crowding now so Im going to leave her a couple more days before I remove any, just so she has time to recover a bit between the neck snapping incident:( But she must be just surviving, so hope in a week to see positive growth again..
Thanks for the great advice guys!!:goodjob::thanks: I pretty much followed the old way I saw I think initially it was used for grafting roses?? And then I saw some of it being used on ganja plant injuries. It makes it hard to retain the growing style I had planned atm due to not being able to move the main cola across the pot anymore.
FINGAZ CROSSED AND CHEERS AGAIN;) Smokemupm8

* INJURY UPDATE - LUCYs BROKEN NECK :( *

Hey everyone,
Thought Id show ya s a few pics of my lil girls recovery from neck trauma.. It was so sad, the family gathered around her pot and watched as our poor little girl lay help less with all these tubes sticking out of her.. Oh it was terrible! :'( lol..
The tubes were actually just the tether wires and the family was me, I just like to dramatise things I guess?? I only took a few pics of her, i didnt snap any when she was split as I wasnt wasting time trying to stickk her back together.. So i just patched her up and then attached some support wires around it, Im hoping that within a week she may have joined herself back together somewhat - IDK on how long it can take for them to get back to near full strength so it seems I may just have to be extra slow and cautious with how much tension goes on her from now, she s a strong girl.. And still maintaining some purpling attributes on her sterms and stalks so she has me interested in what Ive got and am dissapointed that this happened.
Ok guys - heres a few snaps of mygirl, who's nearing 2ft tall now:) :woohoo:

2013-03-29_15_03_59.jpg
Poor thing has to sit there with her neck all braced..
2013-03-29_15_05_37.jpg
U can just make out the shoots getn slight above the original injured cola - There is a large congregation of branch shoots I have to try to arrange or as Ive said I will remove one or 2 if needed later?
2013-03-29_15_05_16.jpg
2013-03-29_15_04_54.jpg

And theres Lucy, she is gaing in width ay!!:) Im happy with this, I do not know what the rest of this grow will be like Im gunna have to GOO-GOOGLE it to see if I can find a roug healling time.. This will be fun!
Cheers guys for stopping in and for the support with the break incident, I may have just been lucky to get it in time where the split was so clean sort of like a clean cut off of a finger or something caught early can be re attached, well sumthin like that! Just glad that it didnt droop and start to go limp - It slowly got back to position and has shoots growing straight off it that are drooping so that tells me I may JUST HAVE GOT TO HER??
Take care guys, Chat soon - Smokemup

check on Lucy in about a week..it doesn't take long when you bandage a break..my stem split i just let go to see if it would heal itself..when i do bandage i use that blue painters tape..stretchable..breathable..and easy to unstick..Lucy will be just fine..:thumb:

Hey Springa..
I dont top my plants mate.. I just LST to achieve more cola's, pending on how you go about it you can get 14 or more main branches growing vertical each with a large cola.
Lucy nearly was topped accidentally when I snapped her neck the other day!! But she is the same as all my previous journals here, theres info on how I go about my LST s in both of the complete ones. I dont like to top really, this is my preferred method and its good on the plants growth IMO. Take care, Smokemup

She is back to her old self now mate:):) Pushing out branches and shoots still, theres not much I can see thats wrong now - Ill need to trim her soon, but Im leaving her leaves in most cases as much as possible, in hopes to not slow down her bud / stem growth..
Im stoked she s bak to life - and the tape I use is called Elasto plast, stretchy tape stuff.. Good too!!
Thanks for the idea tho mate!! Will be posting more pics of her soon after her next trim;) Take it easy mate, Chat soon, Have you chosen your girl to grow yet bro?? Be cool, Smokemup

Hey Smoke, as has been said and shoen, I had one that did almost the same thing a few zip ties and she was good as new, as long as it is still attatched it will grow just bind it together, Peace, OG.

i think i will see how close to a lb i can ger out of this hash plant..her sister is in DWC...the one with the split stem...not going to get much from her..split must have spooked her..or i just can't do DWC yet...i'll post some pics of her tomorrow...probably should put her in her final pot..man..Lucys almost 2 ft..my plant is in LSTing..and only 6 inches...i must be starving the ho..or maybe i should snatch :smokin: them shades off...she need more light..whtta u think..up her dose and hit her with the mh...man...i hope she don't make me mad..i'll give her some MG and put her in the sun...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Its your call bro... And dont stress, you do not have to feel obliged to do something mate;)
You have a lot on; so dont worry bout doing sumthin thats extra work unless you can be stuffed!! I am not familiar with either strains growing potential, So its hard for me to add any input - But Id be going for the largest grower of them during Veg.
Also, at the stage some of your girls are at, Ive already began the LST work - have you got any about 15cm or so in height? You cant really let them get too big before you start or Im not sure they will respond properly??
Best of luck with whatever you decide my friend.. Take it easy and thanks for dropping in buddy;) Smokemup

Anytime Springa:)
The basis for ALL my grows will be: IN GOOD ORGANIC SOIL, TRYING TO MAXIMISE YIELD WITH LST..
As so far the best results indoor Ive had have come from LST method I use, and I kno that if I Veg it right the plant could possibly yield me an extra half pound of weight, given a 2ft increase in size from my last grow @ 4.5ftx4.5ft, which pulled me just over 1 lb.
Lucy if she repais herself well enough, I hope will be a suitable candidate for a 6ft+ plant, But it also takes the extra care to try to allow the bud sites further down to grow larger - by trimming some leaves if needed. I removed alot of leaf from Kiksum and thankfully alot more buds lower down grew bigger which maintained the end weight. So Ill be trying to be somewhere in the middle of both them grows this time, can only do so much! * THO I MUST PLUG THE BPN PRODUCTS BLATANTLY * Now sometimes when your plants thirsty and ya feed it it may perk up a little, then slowly lower over the day.. Well when I feed Lucy, she s perky alright, but theres LOTS of fresh new growth visible later in the day and she stays kinda perky for over a day, I feed her the LIQUID BLUE with some Seaweed extract added @ bout 10/15ml p/ 10L, She seems to be liking this combo!!
Ive attached a wire jst above the tape over her split with minimal tension to try to pull it back across the pot, rather than curling back inwards - BUT I AM VERY CAUTIOUS!!!
Lucy is still showing purple tinges thru her stems/stalks etc. it prob wont show on buds but for now Im interested to see what it will do - OH, AND SHE IS A SHE!! I SAW HER FIRST COUPLE PAIRS OF WHITE PISTILS ON HER DAMAGE CROWN:):) AWSUMNESS>>
Im going to have a look at a friends plant soon as its into flower, and he dont know what to do with it as its a ball of leaves as it was topped and kinda left, now looks line a giant lolli pop:) IT HAS SOME KILLA SCENT ILL GIVE IT THAT!! I think its Indica, looks way different leaf structure to mine, more thin and narrowed, some lower leaves had 3 fingaz not 5 like my sativa's. Or is it the other way around??:hmmmm::hmmmm:
But anyway it has about 6-8 weeks left and he was thinking it was nearly ready and didnt want it going too long, but I soon eased his mind as I told him to remember the old buds I showed him ages ago - thats when theyre ready and he kinda clicked and said " Ahh yeah, Yeah that right " and last I saw it couple weeks bak, it had just made white pistils, but they seem to be going dark??
Im gunna try see if he has more seeds from this strain, as I reckon itll be mad:) Possibly will needa scrubber tho!! lol..
Ok guys take care and thanks for the kind words..
Hope you found some useful info Springa, Theres alot of pages on Cindy s grow so could be there for ever! Have a good one, Chat soon. Smokemup:welldone:

Hi OG,
Thanks for stopping in.. Yeah well I think I may have saved her just!! She is still green and leaves are perky and shoots growin still.
Ill have to drop by for s look aint been over in a while:( Cable ties - Shit I shoulda thought of that!!

Back
Top Bottom