Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed

Smokemupm8

WELCOME TO MY LATEST JOURNAL GUYS!!

Thanks to everyone for the support with my last grow with Kiksumass, She did well for what I made of her.
Now I have here before Lucy, unknown strain, but is doing really well so far and has begun her LST now.
She was re-potted into her final 35L pot about 6 days ago, and is taking to it well, I think that given the chance she will grow to a decent size - Im aiming for about 6'5ft.
Already she has made her first opposing Apical top which will act like a 2nd cola, followed by however many she makes along the way her Veg period, I am not aiming for a time, more so a height of around 3.5ft until she will be flowered.
Lucy has been raised on a little daylight and CFL light for her main supply, now she s under the 400w MH and I hope to see some rapid growth from her now.
Anyway, Ill start up with her first pics from when popped up til now, I do not have heaps but I will update this more now as we go along, So come and have a look at my new grow, Lucy:::

2013-02-06_20_33_19.jpg
2013-02-06_20_33_10.jpg
I started with 2 seeds..

2013-02-22_15_50_33.jpg
2013-02-22_15_51_38.jpg

Another pot and she started to stretch, soil wasnt good and she needed a slight nute feed to stop yellowing.

2013-02-27_09_08_01.jpg
2013-02-27_09_08_07.jpg
2013-03-03_12_23_58.jpg
2013-03-03_12_23_40.jpg
2013-03-03_12_23_18.jpg

Here she started to establish herself more so is getting ready for her final pot soon. Tight node spacing..

2013-03-06_15_46_21.jpg
2013-03-06_15_46_04.jpg
NOW THE NEW HOME:)

2013-03-09_12_39_29.jpg
2013-03-09_12_39_43.jpg

NOW TIME FOR LST...

2013-03-10_10_48_27.jpg
2013-03-10_10_48_39.jpg
2013-03-13_14_32_39.jpg

Small stones put on top for fungus gnat prevention

2013-03-13_14_34_09.jpg
2013-03-13_14_32_56.jpg

NOW IVE MOVED HER UNDER HER IMITATION SUN LIGHT!! :):):)

2013-03-17_18_10_11.jpg
2013-03-17_18_11_05.jpg
2013-03-17_18_11_17.jpg

Thanks for all who ve stopped by.. And this is about as much as I can provide pictorally, it should bring you up to speed. The other things are her feeding, I make a good organic soil with added Dolomite cal/mag, pea straw mulch and a little slow release ferts..
All I feed her via watering is Seaweed extract, its great so at this stage Ill give her a feed every 3rd water or so. I cant wait to see how well this girl does!!
Take it easy guys and I hope to see you over here soon;) Be baked... Smokemupm8:welcome:

re: Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed - Blue Planet Nutrients

good catch up...i need to do that with my journal...i been repotting and watering all day..yeah i got a bunch of those y connectors...be glad when that coco gets here..the 2 pots i took them plants out of had a lot of root wrapping..so they need some room...

Re: Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed - Blue Planet Nutrients

Thanks Springa:)
Good to have you on board too pal!! Lucy is coming along well, I will be putting some up of her shortly. I have tethered a few branches now and she is responding well to it - I think I may be able to grow her closely like Cindy if Im lucky. It does depend on the strain to an extent too as the the size of the cola's, But I think that growing in MY LST Method, I can accomplish large cola's over 1ft each time.
Of course the amount of cola's will vary depending how you go about tethering the branches, but Id anticipate at least 10 cola's p/plant or so.
Hope to have some of the same results - time will tell. Cheers again, Smokemup:thumb:

Good luck with Lucy. She looks sexy in bondage :winkyface:

Hi Springa!!
Na, I havent recieved my BPN yet?? Hopefully its not far away.. Maybe customs are setting up a sting operation and gunna catch me on live tv picking up my box at the postal office:):) I dunno how long it will take to arrive here really - or maybe its not allowed over? Hope not!!!
So Im just on my usual feed solutions atm buddy.. Take it easy, thanks for stopping in. Smokemup

Dunno mate, all plants Ive grown have been fairly strong plants!
Their main stems are like wood come flower time.. So yeah maybe due to what you said - Reveg, but all my seeds grow like this and most plants Ive seen are similar. At this stage, theyre not that hard, theyre quite pliable and able to bend/shape them easily.
Lucy is doing well, Ive removed 1 branch so far and 4 fan leaves with about 2 more to trim off soon. Her growth is nice and green and showing good branch formation already. later mate, Smokemup

Hi guys,
Welcome over to Lucy's grow:) As yet I havent recieved my BPN but I hope to recieve them soon.. Lucy is growing well, Ive set her out and she s responded well to LST so far, shes nearly where I want her growth wise and can let her do her own thing soon.
Ive removed 1 branch and a few fan leaves so far only due to blocking shoots below. No problems so far that I can tell hope to keep it this way. Here s some pics of my lil girl - Lucy::

2013-03-20_20_15_161.jpg
2013-03-20_20_15_51.jpg
2013-03-20_20_15_061.jpg
2013-03-20_20_16_00.jpg
2013-03-20_20_15_301.jpg
2013-03-20_20_15_441.jpg
2013-03-20_20_15_511.jpg
2013-03-20_20_15_44.jpg

She s so pretty:):) Im keen to see what this will produce as Im unsure what this is too. Better not be another C99x!!! But its showing different traits already so Im sure its not the same.
Thanks guys and Ill have more updates soon. Take care - Smokemup

Well hello there Mr. Smoke, do you have steroids in that there soil, lol. DAAMMM she looks good love the LST I too am a bending man, love to make the plant do what I want it to, Look forward to this grow as well mate, Peace OG

Great mate!!
Have you decided on which girl youre going to work on?? Or have you given it a miss? No stress bro, all good;) Just wondering, thats all.. Can you start LST on any or are they literally gunna break if you tethered em? Im sure, even with a slower way of doing it, you d be right.. So dont be afraid - For I am with you!!
The method I use is very simple to achieve, and the plant should respond well and by sending up new main branches, thru all my journals Ive demonstrated and tried to explain how Ive adapted it.
Hoping that Lucy will keep up the great work - She s maintained a fairly healthy color and shows good growth under the MH atm, She is on a 17/7 light schedule atm, anything about 15hrs is fine IMO to grow with, its about the normal days light time. Plants grow big as hell under that so it must be applicable to indoor soil growing also. 12/12 will induce flowering, but above that to least 15 -3 hrs extra, and itll stay growing, even like the GLR method.
I do think that Lucy will be a large specimen this grow, and Im enabling her as much as I can, Ill give it long as it takes for her to hit 3.5ft or more and then I will flower this girl!!! :hug::hug: SIT BACK AND BE INSPIRED :)
I better not Jinx myself, Nek Minit she ll be yellow and crispy??..... Hmmm... Dont know if most you guys would be aware of the ' Nek Minit ' meme from New Zealand.. Lol.. Ahh New Zealand - Gotta love the Kiwi accents: Orrrr Year Bra, Thinks Aye Forr Te Wid Aye Bra..Choyce.. Lol
But our accent is none the better espec. when it comes to older people:rofl::rofl: Ya Flamin Mongrel!! :)
And we talk like that to each other, an insult, is a "HI, How are you??" we stick our fingaz up at each other and smile, its a 1finger salute to each other. We call each other Dickhead when introducing someone.. GREAT CULTURE US AUSSIES:thumb:
Alright mate well let me know whats cookin in the green garden and hope our 1lb LST is still on.. Ive just cracked 1lb with Kiksum so with a larger plant its potentially awsum - If you only grow to 4.5ftx4.5ft you could do same as me with Kiksum, So youre in for a treat!
Later bro, Smokemup...

OG:thumb::thumb:
Hey mate, Thanks for stopping in to my new journal! Thanks for the compliments buddy - lol - my steroids are of no secret, Good soil and Basically Seaweed extract thus far..I havent recieved my BPN yet so Im awaiting the arrival of these hopefully soon and I hope to see any improvement in the look, health and Vigour of my plant.
The LST has its own benefits done this way as opposed to - Around the pot - it allows the plant to still grow skywards, also, it makes the plant create more main cola's as opposed to a few, youre likely to get more than 10 cola's with branching for buds all along the length of them, So IMO its better to let them grow nearly as each vertical branch feeding off the 1 main stem type thing..
opinions vary, as do methods, But Im hoping that now after this Lucy grow, Ill have done 4 successive basically the same shape styled grows.. Each with multiple cola's... So Ill be confident that my technique - probly which thousands of others use - is a great way to grow for Bulk yield. I harvested over 1 pound this time in a shorter grow period than Cindy, Ill have to check out the exact time now just so its recorded, and my data will be increasing production weight hopefully..
So whats happenin in your majik garden atm?? Hope all is growing as planned and doin their thing!! Best of luck, Take care buddy, Cheers for stopping in again, Catch ya.. Smokemup:thanks::thanks::thumb:

Hey WildBill...
Good to have ya on board mate!! Yeah well Im usually around talking dribble to random ppl so yeah - But this is my 3rd Journal now, So feel free to check out my previous ones they have heaps of info on soil growing, using Cfl's etc; all sorts of things.
I have some PH charts and lumen output for lights and distances etc; All in there somewhere???
So do you grow in soil, and what have you got growin' on atm?? Ill have to drop by and have a bit of a gig.. Later mate, Smokemup..:thumb:

so when you get your bpn what dose you gonna start off with ??the lowest dose is 2.5ml...thats half a tea..right...and thats for 1-2 week old sprouts..so depending on the age of the plant..start them at 1/4 doses ??...thats per gal..if you want check the website..here you go..Blue Planet Nutrients Hydroponic Application Guide

Yeah well ill see what it recommends, as Ill be in soil I should be ok with it..
Im getting a few different items so it ll be good to have a variety of stuff apart from my seaweed extract - Not that Id knock it! Thanks for the link to the site anyways buddy;)
So Im just waiting for them to show up and Ill be full throttle from then, but Lucy is growing well enough for the moment, I hope she will be ok for the next few weeks. I dont think it will take her long to get to 3.5ft once she s un leashed to grow Vert.:)
Cant wait!! Thanks again mate, Be cool.. Smokemup

Hey WildBill...
Good to have ya on board mate!! Yeah well Im usually around talking dribble to random ppl so yeah - But this is my 3rd Journal now, So feel free to check out my previous ones they have heaps of info on soil growing, using Cfl's etc; all sorts of things.
I have some PH charts and lumen output for lights and distances etc; All in there somewhere???
So do you grow in soil, and what have you got growin' on atm?? Ill have to drop by and have a bit of a gig.. Later mate, Smokemup..:thumb:
I dont have a journal and nothing growing. Laws are too strict here in
the Dirty South USA. Just waiting for the lawmakers to relize
its medicine and not the devil's weed.

What Mamma dont know... Cant hurt her....
But I totally feel ya! When I was in a different state we had shit laws of no growing etc; but here its 3 p/household outdoors. I kinda bend the rules for light due to thieves but it s only a minor fine if caught with lights.. So its not really a drama - most ppl , if they stick to under 3 plants - will just get a warning usually, thats why I only do one, just in case.. But I could chuk one out side - the weathers been shitty - half summerxwinter and add a little tornado or thunderstorm here n there and thats what we got! All farked up atm, the seasons are varying alot now compared to say 10 yrs ago. You could pretty much guarantee certain weather in places, either sun or cold or either.. And its was great it rained in winter and was hot in summer.. Thats not the case these days and it duz make me think about this pollution/global warming I think the outlook is bleak... We need forests,trees water but we are destroying so many parts of our environment with reckless abandon, our animals are all being over killed/fished/hunted/poached whatever, the land is being torn down and levelled for buildings and the growing human population requires more space as we live longer. This place is gunna be a sad state of affairs in another 10yrs or so - IF IT WASNT FOR HYDROPONICS, I BELIEVE THAT WE d HAVE SOME MAJOR ISSUES!! I think that Hydroponics will become maybe NECESSARY for future plants growth, Even on a Production scale with food supplies for all countries!
But can the rest of the planet sustain itself if WE destroy certain elements?? Lots of things to ponder!! Sorry... I AM BAKED;);) I began to think I was David Attenborough and I got lost in some save the planet campaign..Lol.. But I do believe that our future supplies of things may well one day be reliant on Hydro - THEN THEY CANT BITCH ABOUT US USING LIGHTS FOR OUR PLANTS:):) And the natural disasters will happen more frequent and worsen in effect.
I dont know how much longer Ill be tokin on this planet, But I just hope I can see my kids safely thru life.. ANYWAYS BACK TO THE CHRONIC!!
I pulled out a nug from my batch which I tried to cure earlier than I normally would, I thought Id screwed it a little, but what it lacked in natural fragrance without touch - IT PACKED IN ITS INTENSITY.
The other day when I mentioned the lil ball of resin I got from harvest, its taste, its feel and how it had this punch in the throat as you breathed it in, you could feel it like a fine dust almost being inhaled that was a touch spicy.. It was pretty mad stuff, it did taste, well piney I guess?? lol.. but the effect of it was definately noticeable. This bud I pulled out before, it had a similar taste on inhale/exhale and Im baked as shit right now, its not as strong feeling as the resin was IMO but I am happy to have this on hand right now I tell ya!
Today was hectic, I needed a stone that wipes my mind of intaking information - tho giving out non verbally is a breeze:) lol..
Ok I better get off this thing before I get arthritis or some shit??! Hope ya laws change where you are or you grow somewhere else? Let us kno if you do.. Have a good one, Catch ya. Smokemup is BAkedAZ

Back
Top Bottom