Smokemup's Latest Grow - Going For 1+lb! 400W MH/HPS - Soil - Indoor

Thanks Dooski;) Much appreciated buddy..
Yeah she will hopefully fill in each branches tops - some are over 1ft at moment, Not sure how much stretch Ill get as Ive just slapped on my big >> 600w SON T GRO on :) I couldnt wait - the 400w may have done the job, But there is defiantely MORE light all around my space and at 1ft above tops im getting penetration to just over 3ft at near 1000 lumens, which is about 2 times the amount as my 400w..
So hoping Ill have a nice set of cola's and top canopy, theres been no major temp increase that Ive seen so far, sitting around 25*C, RH @ 40%.. Ive added some great Blood N Bone type feed to top soil which has 6% Calcium which I hope may help her from any Defic. in that area, I have to slow down my feeding and mainly use PH d water, and feed every 3rd or 2nd watering.
Her flowers are abundant, I dont think I will srtip much more leaf away, unless theres a reason, But now even the smaller branches that werent gettin as much light when the 400w was on, now its illuminated way better.
In regard to the Mylar, well mate as far as I know, Mylar is the MOST reflective material available that doesnt trap light like a mirror, White walls are 2nd best option IMO. The mylar will reflect more lighting to the darker parts of ur space than the white would, But its ur call if thats worth doing? I started with white paint - found mylar and never turned back:)
Hope she grows me some good buds and cheers to all for the kind remarks:thanks::thanks::high-five: Anyways I gotta get a feed into me, take it easy and Il chat soon ok guys. Have a good one!! Smokemupm8:thumb:

Nice to see flowers on Teresa, Buddy :)

Nice penetration :eyebrowsmile:

I'm getting a 600 soon.

Would you recommend normal HPS?

or the sunblastermaster with 10% bluelight (which i have on my led and cfl cool whie)

Chat soon, M8 :thumb:

I would definitely use your 600 watt High Pressure Sodium light over the 400 watt. what I really like about your method is it is a system to vegetate one large pant into a large harvest. It would be a great system for medical growers who are limited by plant count numbers.

Hey Rico,
Yeah its mad to see flowers at day 12 of flowering;) She s now about Day 16? But yeah I should have a few nice Foxtails or Donkey Nozzles whatever ya wanna call em!!
Theyre forming into nice tops so far as said theyre about 1ft of solid tops the largest ( 16 ) are just over 1ft, and the top canopy is forming well and in regard to the 600w HPS - I have not researched much into the multitudes of globes out there - But one that has been recommended in Aussie land from big growers is the Phillips Son - T - Gro 600w PLus, Which is what I use;) It has a fairly braod spectral range, from blues to peaks at yelllows and reds, I cant remember exact specs of it, BUt EVERY grow Ive used in flower has thus far grown nice cola's.. But my 400w system is a brand new setup, and is also meant to be a very well made globe/ballast, not digital - But it has a few energy saving and globe saving features with a built in fuse you can change:thumb: Im used to old school BRICK style ballasts they may not be the most efficient but they power my globe well enough for like 10yr old specimen!! But this has nada, just plug hole - SIMPLE:) Anyways my 400w was powering Teresa pretty well with its globe, it is not a well known brand ( I actually dont recall a name - will check the globe now! ) BUt for her specs, my 400w has covered her @ 4.5ft Wx 6ft H x 2.5ft D pretty good, I mean I ALWAYS move my light during the day - left/right/up/down into positions for each area, may sound like a pain but I always checkin on my gal!
There seems to be not bad damage showing on leaves yet, apart from the base area and lower insides, which just yellowing and dropping off as usual.. PH was under 8 still, Hping in the next 2 weeks after what Ive done itll be down to 7 or just under? FINGAZ CROSSED!!
So check out the Sunblaster globe - if it has some more blue light in it, IMO that will be of benefit as some blue is GREAT for extra Veg growth, so the leaves and calyxes among buds should respond and grow a little better :high-five: Ive been long considering a DUAL spectrum 600w, just not sure, but worst case I can just switch it back to the SON T GRO PLUS.. Have a look at my 600w globes specs and see what you think, but GO WITH WHATS BEST FOR YOU- Each grow is different, Remember - More light output slight raise in temps, lower RH.. GOODLUCK BRO - Smokemup

EXACTLY KJ!!!
Since starting the 420 journey, and finding an LST grow from a member on here at the time, I fell in love with it - and I saw that CRAZY PLANT FOUND IN AMSTERDAM - Monster SCROG'd ganja plant :)
So then I thought thats [erfect for what I got, Id just have to train it abit - and so began the journey to where I am ow. My first grow wasnt the best, But I didnt fully LST her as I came in half way thru and then tried it, So she didnt respond as all others have.
You need to start the training at about 5 or 6 nodes, then pull the top across and in 2 or so day, a branch will appear opposite to the one your pulling across - A NEW APICAL TOP!! So from that youll have 2 main cola's - then tie down the others, The pattern will repeat until youre happy with your base setup.. Then they get to grow out for a couple weeks - UNDER CFL's IS BEST IMO, They like it and stay close nodes, plus you dont need your 600w MH runnin on a 20hr day cycle for the first few weeks which will save a dollar or 2:thumb:
After a few notches under my belt so to speak - I feel comfortable to represent my growing technique to ANYONE who grows indoor soil or Hydro, that doesnt matter. I basically turn my plant into this shape to suit my area " \IIIII/ " each branch grows vertically forming a main cola ontop of each branch usually 1ft long to 2ft, my longest so far - they were around the width of a can of soft drink, slightly wider before drying. But yeah they were the only remains of my harvest, Showed 1 friend and I got robbed before I got home!! I still dont know why they left me the 4 - 2ft long cola's??? It was a nice thought of the stealing piece of crap, I mean he couldve just left my popcorn:) But I was driving home with a friend & I said to my him nearly word for word " Bet ya we pull into my drive way and the doors open my new tv's gone and all my buds " - hahaha I chuckled.. Only to approach the driveway and see the front door wide open and inside lights on, I missed catchin em by 2 minits.. They maybe heard me coming & just bailed as my cars pretty distinguishable sounding;) But I couldnt believe that happened - probably as I was saying it lol.. So I never got to weigh my full harvest of Cindy - whenI cut her down I weighed the branches together on a scale at just over 2.5kg.. The 4 cola's ended up drying to nearly 7 Oz, I rapid dried em a bit so they lost weight too quick but they were still Classic C99xPR was happy with it for sure.
Anyways, on a nother note - As I posted earlier, my new 400w HPS setup is pretty efficient and has done a pretty darn good jod so far of bringing up Teresa she dont have much stretch, I think shes grown around 1ft so far - Hoping for some more or the lower canopy to bulk up and reach up some more and they stretch, the lumen output from the 400w DID have less output at a certain height than my 600w obviously - But I thought Id check it anyway in some spots just to see what it read - Do you know what the MINIMAL lighting requirements ( say lumens ) a ganja plant needs to be able to Photosynth and grow flowers maybe just bigger than small popcorn? I have now a further penetration of +1000lm @ about 3ft into the plant, So if Im right I should get similar result as others, the top 2/3rds bears the bulk weight - Abit of wstage always and I cannot change this unless I remove limbs or grow to a shorter height which will decrease my harvest weight..
My journals are meant to be written in an understandable way to anyone - I only speak in Lay-mans terms, I do not claim to kno all about growing indoor or how to FIM/TOP/S,Crop - I dont like be-heading my girls and I think they reward me for it??
I was contemplating a HOW-TO - guide thread, But someone has recently done a similar one to what Id be doing But his results are slightly less than my yields. But if this grow shows me the same results again - Which shes looking like she will,She has same shape,base,growths and height - I may just go ahead with it anyway, I mean someone may find some useful info among my pages:) And all some one needs is the light and a space of maybe 4ftx 4ft W, and 6-7 ft H - From this - I believe you can make a great plant, having the extra width would help to reduce the need for height I think, So you can pull over 1+lb from 1 plant..
Ive read people grows where they harvest 2lb's and more - most are outdoor tho,and a couple of plants. If your only doing a single grow then my pages may be useful as this is all I can do for now, But hoping to expand in future, Just so I have some variety of smoke.
IN Australia in some states we have limitations on plant amount grown, it MUST be for PERSONAL USE,Not under HID lighting and low amounts of plants. So for us guys itll be handy I guess?? See the laws are bit shonky here - you tell a cop a pound is for personal use and he laughs and says yeah right - heres your court date! No consideration for the fact you dont grow on commercial scale and it s only 1 plant every so many months, So thats crap..
Thanks for dropping in mate, good to hear from you - Soz I havent written I have been reading your posts tho!! Cheers buddy, Have a good one and chat soon ok. Smokemupm8:thumb::thanks:

Thanks for the info, m8.

You are a very valuable member here,

you are an honest guy who loves his plant and does everything he can for her.

You are a conscious centre of the universe :)

That's how you knew that teresa was a girl and that you were being robbed as it went on.

That's probably why you don't like most people as well.

The universe is honest, most people aren't.

You are a conscious creator and you teach others how to fish :circle-of-love:

I think your technique is different from the Captns or the General's or whoever did that thread.

That was DWC, I think and you grow in soil :thumb:

You should do a tutorial thread. It would help a lot of new and old growers :circle-of-love:

* Photo Update _ Teresa Week 4 of flower *

Ill keep this short.. Teresa is at 6ft now and going ok, but dropping and burning up leaves cripy overnight from the lower leaves. I got Mold on top coil and so I had to clean it - I scraped off the top soil and also broke up the soil on top so the roots could breathe as there was a firm pacth of soil additives that joined together to form soild bits. So I raked over the top soil and after cleaning I watered her and now hopefully thatll be all. Ive been thinking she may need a bit of N still as her size may be using N to feed the cola?s
Heres pics some are freom few weeks ago - Then theres ones with larger flowers - I have 1+ft top colas so hopping they fill out!
DSCF21043.jpg
DSCF21064.jpg
DSCF21152.jpg
DSCF21241.jpg
DSCF21311.jpg
DSCF21331.jpg
Her at start of floweer
Now with top soil and BIGGER FLOWERS:)
DSCF21454.jpg
DSCF21435.jpg
DSCF21485.jpg
DSCF21444.jpg
DSCF21361.jpg
DSCF2142.jpg
DSCF21435.jpg
DSCF2137.jpg

Big mama branch forming in the corner she is larget so far;) Thanks for stopping in and hope you like her so far.. Any advice you may ahve feel free to post;) Cheers guys, SMOKEMUP:high-five:

looking good Smoke..think we'll get a lb....i'm going to extend my veg time..although i got one lady i did no training on and her clone sister i topped once..one looks like a xmas tree..the other ..like a bush...both with long colas forming..going to lolly pop them today...i haven't even come close to a lb..but i'll get there...:goodjob:

Thanks Miwa!!
Well I hope I get over 1pound but 1 will suffice til next harvest I guess:/ I am bit worried about her still due to this PH crap I just hope she has the ability to fill in these cola's, thats why Im actively feeding her with some mobile nutrients and hoping she is intaking enough for what she needs.
And as she s 6ft H x 4.5 W now theres alot of leaves and shoots and flowers to maintain for her, So what would you think about me removing branches when into flower about 4 weeks?? Im sure that the ones that are dying off slowly would benefit from taking them now rather than the plant continuing to try supply each branch top to a flower??
YOU WILL CRACK THE POUND MARKER FOR SURE BRO!!:high-five: I know you can, your girls are impressive and all youd need is to get em under a HPS during flower and I reckon youll get great harvests - and Paula - She looked a beast, What did she give you? Or is she drying? Anyways, WE WILL POUND GROW TOGETHER MY FRIEND;) Chat soon, Smokemup

Well Shake n Bake, I hope so mate!!
All depends on how she reacts with an offset PH during flower, She maybe N defic, and I may have to do MORE trimming of branches as it maybe harder for her to sustain all the crap on her!
Most of her tops have at least 1ft of length before theyre level with the top canopy, Ive spread her out as much as I can and have positioned em as best I can, its hard cos I dont wanna hack into her too much... IM STRESSIN BAD! Fingaz crossed she will pull thru, and if she can finish up with nice colas? Thanks for dropping by, Chat soon - Smokem..

Lol Spimp.. Its like that!
She has more Bush than George Bush??.. Oh well.. But I try to leave some foliage on her, so she has enough to Photosynth and feed the buds during flower, but she does need a semi-brazillian wax or 2:)
The trimming on my plants is quite a feat espec on my own - takes a few hours and lots of coffee & inspiring ganja tunes.. Gotta get into the zone - FOCUS - as Miwa would say.. I LOVE IT:thumb: Buds buds buds buds>> WOOOHOO:cheer:
Hopoing things on your garden bed are growing well will drive by soon ok mate.. Have a good one, Laters, Smokemupm8

:thanks: Dooski!!!!
Well bro, she has very similar specs to my largest girl Cindy, not sure on how she s gunna go until a few more weeks or so when the flowers have gained calyxes. Oh and hows this, as Teresa didnt really show the sex-calyx that grows the 2 white hairs to show its female,well she never really formed them, just grew hairs:)?? Anyway - Now, on each branch the top half has these huge calyxes now bigger than Ive ever grown - with really long pistils? lol.. Its trippy, Ill try get a close up to show ya's:)
So now she s like " I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR " lol... Hope she s a THICK girl - I am not expecting cola's the same dimensions as Cindy's, but as long as theyre around 5" diameter or so I should do ok??/
MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS GUYS - SORRY I HAVENT BEEN ON MUCH. JUST GOT OUTTA HOSSI - But Im back!!!
Chat soon folks - You are too kind.. :high-five: To you all. Chat soon, SMokemupm8!!

This is what I copped after a post of mine on someones small plant that looked like had N BURN, tho I actually put N defic,( by accident as I was tired ) anyway this is what followed::

"Quote Originally Posted by Smokemupm8 View Post
Hi mate,
Well looks to me to be a N deficiency.. That Fox Farms soil Ive noticed a few members have had issues with.. As long as your temps are in check and the light isnt too close, then Light burn wont be the cause and as said the burn would be at the tops, youd either have bleaching of the color or total brown n crispy!! So thats cool, you just need to find a good ORGANIC feed that has some N,P,K in it, Dont need much nutes at this age - But id suggest some just to correct the lil ones and in a few days they should show new fresh growth and the stuffed leaves will die off. Just keep tabs on it, water mostly but a light feed should help you I hope. I raise my seedlings under Cfl's, They boom under them for some reason Best wishes, Smokem..
Nope. I disagree with your input.
Don't diagnose plant problems if you are going to be so inherently wrong.
In this case you are 100% incorrect.
If you actually believe this is N def, you should not be helping people here.
I rarely see a post on here so absolutely off base.

That necrosis is not N deficiency related.
Advising to add nutes is also bad advice.

Are we able to take away rep?

You don't get necrosis at this small stage with N def, you get yellowing of new growth....
On the other hand, a ph problem that blocks out p or a o2 problem that raises ph is likely to cause that necrosis. "

WOW - That blew me away.. I know I am not a DEfic or Over nute expert at ALL - But this guy ripped into my comment and it actually kicked me in the guts :/ I try to help or give advice, I DO NOT TELL ANYONE TO GO NOW AND PERFORM ANY ACTION ON THEIR PLANT UNLESS IM ASKED AND 100% CERTAIN OF THE OUTCOME??
Sorry for this, it got me upset worse when I saw he hadnt even had a grow journal to his Signature or any grows he d completed shown?? And Im being insulted?? So I said have a look at my journals before commenting on how STUPID i am.
Thanks to EVERYONE on 420! here that have been a positive influence in my journey here- It does mean alot and Ive met some great people who have extended their hand to offer help. CHEERS GUYS!!!
I will chat soon, Smokemup

Yeah Miwa :) Thanks for ur post!!
I actually had just hacked at her prior to reading ur post :/ Ooops.. lol... But yeah, I removed about 10 puny branches before and have about 10 to take which I will do in a few days..
Theres possibly 40 very useless shoots that are on the lower base and inners where theyre over shadowed and crowded! So basically I am doing my SCROG LST again, removing the lower 1/3rd, and using top 2/3rds for harvest..
Since her feed yesterday her flowers are BLOOMING:) And guess what? NO MOLD :):) So cleaning the top roots will hopefully help her not to breathe and not form any build up on surface. I fed her my OLD SCHOOL seaweed Powerfeed - PLants love it, This is what I think may have helped her bloom overnight? Not sure, but just may be... OH and the lightening of the color green is still happening, So I may still feed with POwerfeed as it has 10% N + awsum amino s and such..
I popped a seed for a friend few weeks ago and anyway I saw it about 1 week ago and it had about 4 nodes and was maybe 12cm tall, well since adding Mylar and another light for him I saw it other day and shit its a BIG BRIGHT DEEP GREEN PLANT HEALTHY AS A BULL!
I trimmed it and he was stoked grinning like a Cheshire cat! I hope on his harvest I get to sample it as I think I used one of the better seeds I had, he ll be using mainly CFL's so will show you his progress later.
THANKS AGAIN MIWA - YOURE THE MAN.... Will drive by soon.. Smokemupm8

Where oh where is FRANK FOSTER??? He need to come and diagnose my soils issues and plants issues.. From his attitude youd think he s a person who is a clinical scientist on possible plant problems just from looking.. Tho he has no grows to show, But mocks me for mine?? Hmm..Trolling?? Anyway hope he hurries up cos Teresa s nearly done!!! COME ON STOOGE!!!!! Hurry up and feed me all the info I am clearly lacking and am inherantly stupider for reading his post... :/
Most guys on here should know I only ever try to help not hinder peoples grows and may give a suggestion but UNLESS im 100% on the issue I WONT TELL ANYONE TO GO RIGHT AWAY AND DO SOMETHING TO THEIR PLANT UNLESS IM KNOW ITS RIGHT.. Last thing Id want is to harm someones grow... Helping people and speaking to them in personable manner is what 420! is about not DIRECTLY INSULTING?ATTACKING some one by twisting their words and making them seem like I have commited some atrocity.. GROW UP.. OR SHOW US YOUR GROW? Hey Im a man - If you done better than me I shall bow down and call you master....

Back
Top Bottom