SmokeyMcFly's HighBrix, Grand Daddy Purple, Ace Bubba Kush & Cotton Candy Grow

I think the bolded line is the key to my whole issue, not just this grow this one was messed up but on all the rest too. I give them plenty of dirt in flower but not in veg for the amount of time I veg them for. I'm guessing they are already deficient and its just not really showing up until the growth spurt of flowering hits. Now that our plant limits are a bit more relaxed here I am going to try running a few more smaller plants and wont veg for so long. The two GDPs I just flipped from clones only had 1 month of veg in a 1gal normal container so they should be a good test. I usually do at least twice that long. The current flowering GDP was vegging in a 1 or 2 gal softy for probably 3 months maybe more...

Yes, you have your shiz together Smokey. Your reasoning is always very 'sound'...:thumb: I veg , from seed for about a month before they go into the big pots. That way i get 3 crops a year with a one month overlap between them. So i take three 5 month grows =15 months...but with a one month overlap i can harvest at least 3 times in 12 months. It seems to really suit my needs well. Growing with Doc's gear has given me the time to enjoy and learn more each and every grow. The little things , like burnt tips and early, yellowing fans just don't happen anymore. It's taken a few grows to get a 'grip' on this method , but i must add, it's almost 'dummy' proof! Anyhow, keep on , keepin on Smokey , and friends. I'm chillin right now , but gonna transplant today ...big job for me. The hardest part is lifting the ready to plant , pots back in thru the narrow GR door. Also was gonna change the 'pre-filter on the Can #33 but it's time to replace it...almost 5 years out of it...ya ,..that's right! Anyhow, have an awesome day would ya's...:circle-of-love:

Relaxed our plant limits, did I miss something? I thought we had a 6 plants per adult limit with the med card, what changed? Did something change due to recreational legalization?

I'm gonna need to know these things soon. Gotta get Doc's kit ordered as soon as I get in my new place.

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

Yes, you have your shiz together Smokey. Your reasoning is always very 'sound'...:thumb: I veg , from seed for about a month before they go into the big pots. That way i get 3 crops a year with a one month overlap between them. So i take three 5 month grows =15 months...but with a one month overlap i can harvest at least 3 times in 12 months. It seems to really suit my needs well. Growing with Doc's gear has given me the time to enjoy and learn more each and every grow. The little things , like burnt tips and early, yellowing fans just don't happen anymore. It's taken a few grows to get a 'grip' on this method , but i must add, it's almost 'dummy' proof! Anyhow, keep on , keepin on Smokey , and friends. I'm chillin right now , but gonna transplant today ...big job for me. The hardest part is lifting the ready to plant , pots back in thru the narrow GR door. Also was gonna change the 'pre-filter on the Can #33 but it's time to replace it...almost 5 years out of it...ya ,..that's right! Anyhow, have an awesome day would ya's...:circle-of-love:

Not yet I don't but im gonna get it figured out one of these days. I think I did a shit job mixing up my last batch of soil all my plants that I transplanted in it are getting burned spots. Hopefully they straighten out soon.

Relaxed our plant limits, did I miss something? I thought we had a 6 plants per adult limit with the med card, what changed? Did something change due to recreational legalization?

I'm gonna need to know these things soon. Gotta get Doc's kit ordered as soon as I get in my new place.

Yeah man its 12 plants per medical card now. They changed it a year or two ago, I didn't realize for about a year until I went to get my new card and found out. Actually if I remember correctly the old rule was 7 total with only four being mature or something dumb like that. Now its 12 at any stage and they increased the limit of ready to smoke bud to 2.5 oz I believe it is.

:morenutes: :passitleft:

I think the only way to grow rec legally is to live 25 miles away from a dispensary or some crap like that. Assuming you don't live in the middle of the desert with a donkey and some tumble weeds its not going to be legal at all. They don't even want med users growing but there is a loophole that says if you can't get the strain you need at a dispensary within x miles you can grow your own medically.

I did a little digging on the rec side of things and couldn't find any info on plant limit, but for sure you cannot home grow if you live within 70 miles of a rec retail outlet. 70 miles, WTF? I knew about the 25 mile deal for med card home grow, but not the strain exemption. Good to know.

More good news, the wife is becoming more receptive to me growing, hell yeah! I was talking to her about renting some dive apartment or house just for a grow, but she's asking me about growing in our home. And, I'm working on getting her to come with me to the Cup, she's interested at least. This is a pretty big step for her, lol. Now to get her to actually enjoy and like nature's bounty. Baby steps!

Sorry if I kinda threadjacked ya.

BACK ON TOPIC....
Your ladies always look so beautiful and tasty. I wish so that the internet had smell-o-vision rather than another stupid dating app.

Awesome!

Growing in the house is not bad at all. You can't usually smell my plants outside of the grow room unless i'm doing a harvest then it gets stinky everywhere because I do all my trimming at the kitchen table :)

I would be careful with the apartment route. Most landlords will boot you as soon as they find out you're using it to grow in and especially if you are only using it to grow in. Plus the cost of the rental and having to go there and back all the time to take care of them is going to get old quick and there's a decent chance of someone figuring out something is going on when you only show up for an hour every few days or w/e your schedule ends up being and you show up one day and everything is gone.

I have found the three biggest problems to growing in vegas to be:
Horrible water
Very Low RH
Heat

If I was putting together a dream grow room here from scratch while mostly avoiding doing any cutting or altering of the room I would get a mini split AC (this would require a bit of cutting but would be an upgrade to the house albiet it a weird one at least in my house :rofl:). With the Mini split it will be much easier to control RH especially if you ran some CO2 and kept the door shut . You could probably get away with a normal humidifier if you had your room sealed. The hydrofogger I now have is a PITA because it sprays out a fog of very fine mist that doesn't all evaporate before landing at least not in my small room but its the only way I have been able to keep the RH up to where it needs to be while blowing the exhaust from my flower tent out the bedroom doorway into the rest of the upstairs. Without having a dedicated AC for my grow room It gets too hot with my upstairs house AC set at 71 which is the lowest we are comfortable at so I have to blow the exhaust out the door which ends up pulling new drier air in so it's a constant balance between keeping the temps low enough and keeping the RH high enough without ending up with a puddle on the floor from the humidifier running to much. My wife has like a super nose and the carbon scrubber pretty much removes all the smell except at the last week or so of flower for the stinkiest strains with my exhaust fan running full tilt (it would do even better if I ran it at a lower speed) so even if you have to vent into the house like this it is very possible to manage the smell. When people come over we just close the door and you can't tell it's a grow room. Even with the sealed up room I would get two tents, ideally 5x5s (one veg and one flower) if you consume a lot and like to not have your grow space be all crowded this would be great. Lights and fans would be easy and you could get what ever you want as long as you have enough electricity going to the room to run them since you would have dedicated cooling.

Of course this is no compromise setup and you don't need all of it to successfully grow here but it would give you an ideal growing environment that you can control and set each param to what you want it to be instead of balancing everything off the house HVAC and taking the best compromise of settings you can get that will constantly fluctuate and need tweaking things from time to time as the weather / seasons change. I have no dedicated AC and have found a workable balance between heat RH and wattage for the most part but if I wasn't limited by cooling I would prefer to have my temps a bit lower, my RH higher, my CO2 levels higher and I could really use about double the watts in both tents to get full coverage and use all the space :morenutes: Not having the dedicated AC is really keeping all those things from happening and one of these days I might break down and get one but i'm not sure if we're going to be in this house long enough to make it worth the investment.

No matter how you grow or where you set it up get a good RO unit, I put that at the top of the list because our water is shit, don't even waste your time with cheap little RO units. I don't know WTF is in the water here, the rain actually has disintegrated the rock in our front yard, disintegrated rock in 3 years! and there is white crust on the block walls at the base from the rain.:helpsmilie: We use the RO for our drinking water now that we bought a good one, the Growonix GX1000 I got does half a gallon a minute so it doesn't take long to fill a pitcher and in 4 min I can fill up my 2 gal watering jug :) You don't need one that flows that fast to get good quality filtration but after my old one taking forever (20min a gal) I bit the bullet and paid to get a bigger faster model when I realized I the cheap model I originally bought wasn't doing a good enough job and I decided to replace it.

Anyway thats all I can think of for now, let me know if you have any questions, and GL with talking the wife into going for it.

I lived in Vegas when I was a kid and I remember the water being terrible out there. Also remember that it rained maybe once or twice a year :p

Smokey, we have more similarities in grow space than dissimilarities. One difference is I use my open room for a flower area and have a full-sized cabinet in there for my seedlings and veg plants. I don't really run perpetual because I don't need that much, but 2.5 harvest/yr work well for me.

But I use ambient central AC too and have found a good balance in plant vs human comfort. I dabble in RH control with modest success and recently started monitoring CO2, although I haven't settled on a method of delivery. I have a stealth RO unit that's kinda slow, but I store a good 10gal in jugs and swap out 3.5 gal buckets. I only draw water twice/wk and would dig a nice RO upgrade too...but that'll have to wait as I just did my latest grow room investment. I scored another carbon filter and 6" Vortex silent inline fan to better filter the smells that challenge the two 4" silent fans+15" carbon cans already in there. I'm going to put the 4" currently handling the vent duties in the middle of the room to simply recirculate/filter the air in the room and vent with the 6". Should provide better exchanges and the added filtration has become almost mandatory the last 2 weeks of my flower cycles.

The one GDP that is almost done flowering didn't turn purple at all. It was the runt and not one that I wanted to keep around so hopefully that will be the one green pheno out of the bunch. The other two just got flipped a week or two ago so its a bit to early to tell. I am planning on chopping GDP1 tonight or tomorrow before we leave for da Jamaica. I would like to give it just a bit more time but im worried that the trip will be to long since it is already in the chop window, all the trics are nice a swollen and cloudy when I looked last night.

The cotton candy I HATED when it was first dried. It tasted horrible at first. Once it had a couple weeks of cure everything changed and the sweet flavor is now coming through very strong and it tastes quite nice. At first the sweet was mixing with the fresh bud flavor and it tasted like hell... It's not a plant that I would keep and grow over and over but I am not disappointed with it at all it turned out quite nice esp for a free seed :passitleft:

Have fun in da Jamaica mon!

Still casually working on the wife, she seems pretty receptive so far. I'll definitely get in touch with you somehow in the future, if that's cool.

Have fun in da Jamaica mon!

Still casually working on the wife, she seems pretty receptive so far. I'll definitely get in touch with you somehow in the future, if that's cool.

Thanks! And of course its cool, I feel all lonely now I don't have any growing buddies local :) :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom