SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

Pain makes you do some shit.

Ain't that the truth.

Every month they would either give me more shit or different shit to try and get it to keep working and by a week to two later it wasn't working right anymore and I would start to take more than I should. This usually resulted in me running out of at least some of it early then getting sick for a few days to a week until I could get my next batch of shit filled and start all over again.

I finally came to the conclusion that the pills are destroying me and i'm going to be in pain regardless if I take them or not so why keep taking them and dealing with all the side effects.

Bottom line is if you need to take pain meds for a week for something they can be useful but they were never intended to live on long term like the Docs are prescribing them these days :(

Smokey, how's all my brotha! Wow, with the meds ....I feel for you my friend. That must have been just awful to have to take all that crap but at least you have it kind of figured out now. Have you experimented yet with trying some strong edibles in different forms for some pain relief? Wishing you well ....cheers ....Duggs.:high-five:

I tried edibles but it was when I was still on all the narcs. They mostly just made me tired and didn't really help with pain but maybe now that I am off the narcs and everything is much less inflamed or irritated or whatever the narcs were doing to make it worse is gone it might work better. Certainly worth a try :passitleft:

So I grew this plant in a bin instead of an airpot. This is the first time I have grown a HB plant that wasn't flowered in an airpot. I didn't really think much about it when I did it other than that I needed to make sure not to over water but now that I have been flowering in it for 6 weeks i'm wondering if it doesn't actually work better than the airpots for us. My thinking is the air pots might be drying out the outer edge of the root zone to much esp later in flowering when the plants aren't growing new roots at the rate they were before. Of course I changed a bunch of other shit too (new much better water filter, haven't feed ANY transplant this grow, using one less light so I have about 4 degree lower temps, first time growing this strain) so I can't say for sure its the pot but the logic seems to make sense:rofl:

I know Doc grows in traditional pots with fantastic success and what he is able to do in only a 7gal normal pot is what got me thinking about this. Has anyone tried both kinds or have an opinion?

Couple new pics from today.
DSC_9480_686DSC_9480_sm.JPG
DSC_9471_683DSC_9471_sm.JPG
DSC_9476_685DSC_9476_sm.JPG
DSC_9473_684DSC_9473_sm.JPG

Has anyone tried both kinds or have an opinion?

Funny you should ask that. I discussed this with a couple other HB growers and got some black #1 pots from Homer's for this round. They're standard nursery pots (I estimate about a gal...slightly less) that I'm using for early veg stage. I expect they will get incorporated in another week. I'll have 3 or 4 in the solid pots and 2 in softies...so, we'll see.

:cool:

I was pleased with the 10 gallon square fabric pots in a sterilite crate. They were very easy to handle with the support from the crate. I had to water more thoroughly because as you say Smokey, the outsides would go dry - I wasn't used to that with plastic pots. But once I adjusted I think they were healthier than the ones in 6 gallon plastic. They held about 7 gallons.

And the Rio3 I ran in a 15 gallon bin looked a lot like yours. :cheesygrinsmiley: I liked it - got 4+ ounces from a marginal plant hounded by pests. :blunt:

[Edit] Actually, that's what I'm smoking right now. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's the best Rio yet. :slide: More soil is more better.

Fabric, airpot, plastic, meh. More soil. :thumb:

Ive done 3 gal, 5 gal, 7 gal and 10 gal all the way to finish (I know, I know 7 gallon minimum!). If it's a strong finish you want and healthier plants, 10's win...easily.

Yes,...you know how I feel about pot size.....and ya , size does matter..:tokin:..more soil....more fruit!:thumb:
Have an awesome day Gov. and Gang!:circle-of-love:

Funny you should ask that. I discussed this with a couple other HB growers and got some black #1 pots from Homer's for this round. They're standard nursery pots (I estimate about a gal...slightly less) that I'm using for early veg stage. I expect they will get incorporated in another week. I'll have 3 or 4 in the solid pots and 2 in softies...so, we'll see.

:cool:

Awesome are you going to flower any of them in normal pots?

I use hard plastic pots. I don't like the fabric ones for several reasons, mostly because they're harder to handle and transplant from. I have no plans to go fabric, but I definitely understand why some would. I just move plants around too much in veg and I like the hard ones for dunking.

:thumb:

Ive done 3 gal, 5 gal, 7 gal and 10 gal all the way to finish (I know, I know 7 gallon minimum!). If it's a strong finish you want and healthier plants, 10's win...easily.

I was pleased with the 10 gallon square fabric pots in a sterilite crate. They were very easy to handle with the support from the crate. I had to water more thoroughly because as you say Smokey, the outsides would go dry - I wasn't used to that with plastic pots. But once I adjusted I think they were healthier than the ones in 6 gallon plastic. They held about 7 gallons.

And the Rio3 I ran in a 15 gallon bin looked a lot like yours. :cheesygrinsmiley: I liked it - got 4+ ounces from a marginal plant hounded by pests. :blunt:

[Edit] Actually, that's what I'm smoking right now. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's the best Rio yet. :slide: More soil is more better.

Fabric, airpot, plastic, meh. More soil. :thumb:

I like the bin too, im still trying to figure out an easy way to go all 15 or 20gal bins and just rotate them in and out without needing to move the dirt from pot to bin each time :passitleft:

Yes,...you know how I feel about pot size.....and ya , size does matter..:tokin:..more soil....more fruit!:thumb:
Have an awesome day Gov. and Gang!:circle-of-love:

Hells yeah :morenutes:

I transplanted my babies into 2gal softies cause thats all I have but I think when flower time comes around they will be going into either standard pots or bins. Thanks for the input guys I just noticed this one flowering was much easier to keep happy than they usually are in the softies. :thumb:

I'm still not sure yet. I'll have these 1 gal plastics going and if I like the way things go, I probably will get one or two big ones to flower in as well.

Haha sweet im going to do the opposite, softies for veg and normal for flower then we can compare :thumb:

Nice garden

Thanks and welcome! :passitleft:

Some new pics from today, looks like the Mg def has slowed down some.
DSC_9498_691DSC_9498_sm.JPG
DSC_9486_688DSC_9486_sm.JPG
DSC_9488_687DSC_9488_sm.JPG
DSC_9499_692DSC_9499_sm.JPG
DSC_9489_689DSC_9489_sm.JPG
DSC_9495_690DSC_9495_sm.JPG

Just transplanted these 2 nights ago. The ugly leaves are from the light being to close when they were younger, i think, they seem to be relatively happy since I raised it anyway :morenutes:
DSC_9505_693DSC_9505_sm.JPG

Have a great weekend all! :passitleft:

Evenin Smokey...taking forever is she.... she looks to have another month , anyhow bud...don't hold your breath..:) How's all else bud...?:high-five:

It sure feels like it because I didn't start flowering right after the last chop with this one like usual. She really only has 7&1/2 weeks done flowering so far so I agree 3-4 weeks more easily :trance:

Friggin' awesome. It's a great example with the nice green petioles and ever so slight magnesium demand with those slightly serrated edges. Perfect. Those are the conditions for really good resin, like you have.

Textbook. Perfect.

Thanks doc, you make me :bigblush:

Have a great weekend all! :passitleft:

They started to change :party:

DSC_9531_700DSC_9531_sm.JPG
DSC_9526_699DSC_9526_sm.JPG
DSC_9525_698DSC_9525_sm.JPG

And my lazy sleeping babies. Bubba kush x HP on the right and the other two are from seeds I got off the really tasty Zamaldelica. I think im going to start a couple tikal or panama, haven't decided which yet. I liked the tikal a bit better but I am still questing after those pink pistols :drool:
DSC_9519_697DSC_9519_sm.JPG

Hope everyone had a great weekend :Rasta:

Hey Smokey, just takin her sweet ol time , aint she bud!. Could you have had , maybe two plants under the SCROG, or was lighting an issue....ya , ya , ya,...i know , it's just that i see more room for buds in the screen eh.:)
lookin good though , as usual ....oh ya, the weekend...went by like it was shot out of a rifle!:thedoubletake:
Anyhow , gotta book ...i'm bagged tonight. Cheers Smokey , friends and gang.:circle-of-love:

Hey Smokey, just takin her sweet ol time , aint she bud!. Could you have had , maybe two plants under the SCROG, or was lighting an issue....ya , ya , ya,...i know , it's just that i see more room for buds in the screen eh.:)
lookin good though , as usual ....oh ya, the weekend...went by like it was shot out of a rifle!:thedoubletake:
Anyhow , gotta book ...i'm bagged tonight. Cheers Smokey , friends and gang.:circle-of-love:

Hey duggs. Yup good eye, she is only taking up about 3'x3' of the 5'x5' tent. I usually run one more light and have better coverage but this time I wanted to try running lower temps so I could keep the RH up a bit higher. It used to run about 82 in there and be in the lower 40% rh range when the lights were on, now its staying around 77 and around 50% rh and it seems to be making a decent improvement in the health of the plant. Unfortunately with the way I rely on the central air to cool the room I am limited to one or the other so if I want the better env numbers I have to sacrifice light coverage. She also should of been vegged for another week or two to fill in the screen properly or used another plant to help fill in but I was already behind schedule getting her flipped and didn't have much more light coverage to let her keep vegging anyway.

Have a :passitleft: day bud!

Back
Top Bottom