SmokeyMcFly's Plushberry & WOS Brazil Amazonia HighBrix LED Grow

My grow room before my present on was a house, with carpet. We first put down plastic and then put a canvas/painter's drop cloth over the plastic and stapled the canvas to the base boards.

The carpet looked like new after a year, and it took about a half hour to fill the staple marks and paint over when I moved.

This is a great idea Doc thanks. The staples is the part I messed up with the lenolium, it just moved all over and started to roll up on the ends and is a total pain in the ass at this point. Its going to take some work at this point to pull it off since I have two tents in that room already but Ill get it fixed up one of these days.

Another question, for you or anyone that wants to give some input. I have been trying to figure out how to get some additional cooling in my room and I would ideally like to be able to keep the door closed and the room isolated from the rest of the house as much as possible. Right now I need to keep my entire up stairs heating and cooling schedule revolving around my plants needs instead of ours and while its not too bad its certainly not ideal and my grow room gets a touch warmer then I would prefer. Also the last few weeks before harvest till the end of drying I end up having a little bit of smell leak out of the room since the doors open and it kind of annoys the wife.

I don't think I have enough elec overhead to run an AC in the room and there is only one window that is our main focus window for the outside front of our house so a window unit is out of the question. I have no way to plumb water into the room and the in room units sound like they are a pain but I have no experience with them. I would be able to run the little intake and exhaust thing in the window I dont think that would be horribly noticeable but I would still have the issue of running elec into the room which I dont really want to do and it seems like a lot of them require water hook ups. That was a really long way of saying based on what I have read so far a mini split seems like it would be my best option?

I currently need to pump about three gallons of water into the air everyday to keep the humidity up enough but if I sealed the room off I assume that would change to needing a dehumidifier even though its very dry where I live?

Would I need to run CO2 if I kept the door closed, I wouldn't necessarily be going crazy sealing up every little crack but with the door closed and the vents off the room wouldnt get much new air. I know I don't need it for additional yield but am worried that once I close the room off I would need it just to keep a healthy level of CO2 in the room?

One last question / option I was considering trying before going all out on the mini split. I know you can have slightly higher temps with CO2 enrichment so I am wondering if the CO2 would allow me to keep the door closed without needing the additional AC and just allowing my house system to do the work. Now that its winter its not going above 80 in my tent, in the summer it was 82 max with the door open but I am unsure how much it will increase once I close it. The room doesnt have a return vent so when the door is closed the ac / heat doesnt work that great.

Thanks for any input!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

I figured I would give a quick smoke report.

These plants were flowered at 11/13 the entire flowering period.

Plushberry
Tastes great as always, I ended up with a wide range of ripeness this time and the different stages of ripeness / overripeness comes with varying flavors. They all taste sweet and yummy but end up with different base flavors. The most over ripened ones have a great citrus flavor that reminds me of a sweet grapefruit. The buds that are what I would consider the right amount of ripeness have that great cherry cola ish flavor that tastes amazing but its hard to put an exact label on the flavor other then delicious. The smoke on it all is very potent with the more ripe buds being reserved for bedtime smoke. In the future I will try and not let them get this ripe, I think they turned out better with 12/12 the first time at least flavor wise. The smoke is smooth and tastes great but it has a big lung expansion effect and it makes me cough often which I could do without but I "think" its a side effect of the huge amount of trics and the potency.

Amazonia
This one turned out much better this time then the first round. Potency is increased significantly and its not all pistils when you break it up like the first round was. The flavor is still a nice spicy piney taste which is a great normal bud flavor just nothing like the exotic sweet nugs I am used to smoking at this point like plushberry and bluedream and the like. I really prefer a sweet taste to my smoke over the spicy earthy flavors but its a nice contrast to the smoking the plushberry all the time and really makes me appreciate the flavor of the plush when I go back to it after burning the amazonia for a while . This one is also very smooth and doesn't have the same lung expansion that the plushberry has and I can smoke it without coughing nearly as much but it seems to have almost as much potency as the PB this time. I am really happy with how this one turned out this time and kinda wish I wouldn't of tossed the mom now but I have other stuff to grow that I will like the flavor of better so I have to get over it lol.

If anyone has any questions on anything thing I missed I would be happy to answer :thumb:

Thanks for looking everyone!

Couple shots of the buds after a couple weeks curing. I guess the salt buildup had a bigger negative effect on the Amazonia the first grow then I thought. It turned out much better this time i'm puffing on a bowl of it now and its kicking my ass pretty good :thumb: My wife asked me if all my pills just kicked in today after I just smoked a bowl of it and thats saying a lot considering I usually take three barbituates at once and I hadn't taken any yet for the day :cheer::bravo:

Here is as good of close ups as I could get with my current lens once I get a macro setup I will be able to get much closer shots.

Amazonia
DSC_04343.jpg

Plushberry
DSC_04007.JPG

DSC_040912.JPG

Looks fire congrats on the harvest would definitely love to try some plush berry looks super dank but that amazonia for some reason I like the look of it reminds me of this bubble berry I used to get back almost ten years ago super hairy I like it looks good smokey

I gotta admit I'm finding my self smoking more of the Amazonia than Plushberry these days. It really has a fantastic high this round and is easy on the lungs. If I wouldnt of already got rid of the mom I would be running her again for sure.

Thanks Joe

Sure did, the couple test buds I took from the first batch bothered my throat big time. Once they were washed its all good :) I don't see how anyone could grow high brix and not wash them, we are spraying fish shit on them once or twice a week for 4+ months after all. :morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom