Smokiemcpot's Perpetual Pot Plant Paradise

I'll be using Mega Crop with coco/perlite in a future grow.

FYI, Mega Crop is on sale for $99.95 CDN / 9.9Kg (21.8lb) now on their Canadian website. It's not much of a sale, as you also need to pay shipping. I think it's about $5.00 less than sourcing through Amazon. They are out of all of their smaller sizes, which is why I haven't jumped on it yet. That 9.9Kg bag would last me at least six years.

The best thing I ever did to reduce my workload was adding automatic watering to my grow. That's easy to do with coco/perlite where you don't need to worry about over watering.

I'll be using Mega Crop with coco/perlite in a future grow.

FYI, Mega Crop is on sale for $99.95 CDN / 9.9Kg (21.8lb) now on their Canadian website. It's not much of a sale, as you also need to pay shipping. I think it's about $5.00 less than sourcing through Amazon. They are out of all of their smaller sizes, which is why I haven't jumped on it yet. That 9.9Kg bag would last me at least six years.

The best thing I ever did to reduce my workload was adding automatic watering to my grow. That's easy to do with coco/perlite where you don't need to worry about over watering.

Just the 2500g (5.5lbs) will probably last me a year or two as long as I keep the bag sealed well when not in use.

I love it with a peat based soil-less mix. If I maintain a ratio of 1g Mega Crop to 1ml Pro Tekt to 1ml Cal Mag, it always comes out right about 6.5 pH with my city tap water that's 150ppm and starts life around 8.0 pH. Considering 6.5 pH is about perfect for peat based mixes I've retired my pen. Mix and pour.

Just the 2500g (5.5lbs) will probably last me a year or two as long as I keep the bag sealed well when not in use.

I love it with a peat based soil-less mix. If I maintain a ratio of 1g Mega Crop to 1ml Pro Tekt to 1ml Cal Mag, it always comes out right about 6.5 pH with my city tap water that's 150ppm and starts life around 8.0 pH. Considering 6.5 pH is about perfect for peat based mixes I've retired my pen. Mix and pour.

We were discussing it in another thread. It appears that Mega Crop is hygroscopic, or will absorb moisture from its surroundings. Our idea was to split it into three portions, enough for a month, enough for a grow, and the remainder. The enough for a month, and enough for a grow portions would have a silica pack added to the air-tight containers, and the remainder could either be in an air tight package with a silica pack, or vacuum sealed. This would prevent it from clumping, or the added water weight from throwing off our measurements.

We were discussing it in another thread. It appears that Mega Crop is hygroscopic, or will absorb moisture from its surroundings. Our idea was to split it into three portions, enough for a month, enough for a grow, and the remainder. The enough for a month, and enough for a grow portions would have a silica pack added to the air-tight containers, and the remainder could either be in an air tight package with a silica pack, or vacuum sealed. This would prevent it from clumping, or the added water weight from throwing off our measurements.

Referring to Shed's thread? I really haven't had an issue with clumping. The humidity in my house is normally about 55%. I open the bag long enough to scoop and use the ziplock on the bag to seal it back up. Maybe if it were exposed to a more humid environment or left open longer it could be an issue. I quit measuring by weight. I found 1/8th tsp is 1g plus or minus a tenth gram. So if I need 4g, I just use 1/2 tsp.

Pics from 11am today day #28
201907179511544195HDR.jpg
201907179511543995HDR.jpg
201907179511543695HDR.jpg
201907179511543395HDR.jpg
201907179511542995HDR.jpg

I'm loving the ak and big trans Siberian pheno

So the first pic I have is from the 19th of last month but that was just a first cotelydons on the fastest plant, for ease I'm goin to count the 20th last month as day #1. That would make today day #29! I've got a few pics of the girls from about midnight last night to share, I'm seeing the very beginning of the ak and one small trans Siberian showing pistills! So almost got 30 days of veg time! Pretty good for an auto imo! I wish I wouldn't of run into issues with the smaller plants or my tent would be filling out nicely! The ak is my pride and joy, takes all the training without even skipping a beat! Hoping she'll be a monster after the stretch!! Her base is atleast an inch thick
201907199501484795HDR.jpg
201907199501484295HDR.jpg
201907199501483995HDR.jpg
201907199501482995HDR.jpg
201907199501482395HDR.jpg

What strain is the one that's tied back (2nd pic up) ? Looks like it's LST'd perfect. Should turn out really nice.
Hey man how's your ladies?? That's the big ol ak47 crossed with critical mass. It's day 30 now that it's past midnight and I'm drunk as a skunk lol. Just starting to seee small pistills forming so I'm glad I got my full 30 day veg! She should be a big producer after she's done stretching and gets lolipopped! I wanna see your ak post here man feel free. Mine has atleast 12 tops I can count so far and I'm tying her down daily! I did the bowl training method on her the most from @growpotcheaply on youtube. She loves the training but is also my oldest girl.

I took pics today so I'll post one in the morning. It's getting pretty hairy...LOL. The Northern Lights is a monster. Probably will end up being the biggest I've ever grown. Changed my tent again because I had to put my lights to the ceiling. Off to bed. Talk to you later.

One thing is for sure ... I wont do Coco again without an Auto Feed system. This is a lot of work. My plants are going through a gallon per plant each feeding; twice per day or I don't get run off. Seems like no end to mixing Nutes. I mix 18 gallons every 2 days now. The money I would save on Nutes by using Auto Pots would be quite a lot. I've used up at least $150 in Nutes so far this grow. I quit using the run off on my plants & started using it on my house plants. House plants are loving it. It must still have some nutritional value in it.

Back
Top Bottom