Smoking After Ear Surgery: Important

Colemanishere

Alrighty, for the past 2 years I have smoked pot basically every day of my life. I just had ear surgery which was 3 hours long yesterday. I was put to sleep under anasthesia during the whole thing. 5pm is when i woke up from the surgery. When would be best to smoke again? Could i smoke at any moment today without issues? My ear is in so much pain. They gave me percocets but I'd much rather smoke than take those. They make me drowsy and sleepy. Thanks guys...

Mike

Re: Smoking after ear surgery (IMPORTANT)

Thanks thats probably the best bet but I dont see my doctor for another few days. The percocets help but like i said the amount of tiredness they give me is just not worth it.
:Rasta:

The only thing I would be worried about is infection. Your ears contain what are called a eustation tube, these equilibrate pressure between the middle ear space and the surrounding air. It does so via a connection to the back of the throat. These are the same tubes responsible for the block-up that occurs in your hearing when you have a head cold. Therefore, the tar in the smoke you are inhaling could aggravate any open wounds you might have in your ear through this tube and might lead to infection.

Tell the doctor you smoke cigs. and ask how long before you can start smoking those again.

I ended up smoking twice yesterday. The first time I did it by myself and it actually gave me back my appetite which was good because I wasnt able to eat until I smoked. Then I smoked 2 bowls with my brother last night. That worked a lot better, and the only thing I ended up with was a little bit of a sore throat this morning. By the way, I am taking anti-infection pills as well. So I think I may be safe with that. I'm going to see my doctor today at 5 pm so I'll find out the rest of the info.

I basically did the opposite of Coleman and searched by it after I’d had surgery and had like three joints. Basically my ear proper bled like mad and I could proper feel my cut behind my ear.

So I just had tubes placed in my ears again i’ve been smoking for the pass three years consistently and it’s just feels weird not to smoke I’ve been wanting to but doc said give it 3 days but like can I eat edibles?

Back
Top Bottom