Smoking all your life?

MarkOfCainBand

After a conversation with my dad today it got me thinking about my smoking and what will happen with it for the rest of my life. My parents know I smoke and say they don't want me to because they think I am too laid back already that weed would only make me less ambitious and relaxed. Now, I can be lazy, and I can get the attitude of "I'll do it later" but that is not because of weed, I am like that already, and I still get pretty much everything done that I need to, and then I smoke. In fact right now I only smoke once or twice a week.

Anyways, the conversation was about how my dad knows that "this is just a time for me to experiment, and not a lifestyle I should get into", and while I know many people use it as a way to escape problems and let it negatively influence their life, so far it hasn't for me.

Now, I know there are people on here who have been smoking for some time, maybe even the majority of their life. So here is my question, except for some things such as career or personal choices and things like that, is there any reason why smoking weed for the rest of your life is bad? Personally I want to be a music teacher and am going to school for that now. I don't see how weed could be a bad thing in my life if I don't let it.

Anyone care to share their views on this, especially those who have what one might consider "the ideal life" (good, respectable job, kids, house, etc.). Has anyone ever found weed to be detrimental to what they have, or wanted?

Sorry for the long read, but this has been on my mind recently, and personally, right now I don't see why me smoking the rest of my life could be bad.

I dont really know that i can ansewer your question because i am still pretty young (18), but i can deffinantley understand your reasoning behind the questions because i feel the same way now too.

I'll go work for a while, get enough money/weed to last me a few weeks .. then take a break and just chill for those few weeks lol. The guy i work for needs work whenever im there, easy work, get paid .. and its under the table. But its alot different living next to a reservation, thats on the border. The Life pretty much has it down, you have to work to live .. theres no way outta that in life, well i meen there is but, either way you have to work some time in your life. I busted my ass throughout my teenage years.. mostly working on sleds and four wheelers, but then again i had alot more stuff than any normal kid .. And if your only smoking 1-2 a week, it definetly cant be effecting your everyday life .. i could see if you were smoking everyday but ..

I just find it harder and harder to figure out how to smoke all of my life. I would love to smoke until the day I die, but it seems that finding a good job that doesnt do random drug testing is getting harder and harder. More and more places are drug testing. But as said before you have to be able to balance weed work and family. Which is difficult. I know people who have smoked all their life and have a good job, a happy family and a generaly good life. I don't think there is anything wrong about smoking weed for the rest of your life, as long as you can maintain work, family. But also right now in your life You have to maintain school also.

Honestly man. You are asking the wrong people. Just like asking your dad for his oppinion would be just as biased.

The truth is, this is something you need to discover for yourself. Do the math, go and research everything you possibly can on the topic. Medical Journals, Goverment Reports, propaganda from both sides. Find the truth.

When you come back, you will most likely know what all of us life-smokers already know. I'm not going to give you the quick answer and tell you what that is. All major life decisions need to be thought upon and studied.

As for smoking making people lazy, well, being lazy makes you lazy. Smoking couch-lock bud will do that to you. Getting in a rut can do that, too. Smoking can be part of your life, but isn't all of life. Goals everyday keeps you from getting lazy. As you get older, there are more responsibilities, which makes it a lot harder to be lazy.

It's all in what you want out of life. If you smoke once or twice a week, it shouldn't even be an issue. My elderly parents still talk about marijuana as Reefer Madness, and my father tells me someone he knows died from marijuana. Whatttttttt??? People are really, terribly, misinformed. Of course, we all know that...

It's okay to listen, but you don't have to agree with them. I always try to listen to what others say - but then I make up my own mind. No one is walking in your shoes, not even your folks. According to my parents, any setback in my life is due to marijuana use. I don't even try to convince them anymore.

I'm educated, I've owned my own business, etc. I've smoked for 30 years, and I don't let marijuana control my life. I control my life.Remember, there are all kind of smokers, just like anything else. We cannot all be put into one category. It's a great argument for the naysayers.

Take a moment to look at your life now, and see if you're moving any closer to where you want your future to be.

Peace and happiness~

TCB

Take Care of Business.
As long as business is taken care of, its all good if you let yourself enjoy a bowl and relax.:smokin:

I agree with alot of the replies here...

Look man..

I am 37 yrs old, and am a doctor. I have worked harder than most of you can imagine. I can tell you, from a medical point of view, that herb really has no relative risk for your health when used in moderation. I have been smoking on and off since college. I am a successful physician, and I know when to work hard and play hard. Alot of my fellow docs are happy herb smokers. They bust ass when they need to, and relax when they need to.

Use in moderation. Work towards your goals. IMHO alcohol is more detrimental to your health and well being than herb. Be smart... use in moderation. Anything in excess is usually bad. Luckily MJ is not physically addictive and really has no significant withdrawl effects, and is basically impossible to overdose on.

My motto is .... WORK HARD. PLAY HARD.

And above all, enjoy your life and work. :smokin:

^ ^ I dunno why but that sounds soooooo cool to hear from a doctor. :headbanger:

I dont know about your situation but mine right now lets me do everything I want. I wake up everyday burn one down, go snowboard til i have to work, walk off the snow and into the shop where I work and rent shit all night long. Its pretty sweet.

Pickzilla said:
I agree with alot of the replies here...

Look man..

I am 37 yrs old, and am a doctor. I have worked harder than most of you can imagine. I can tell you, from a medical point of view, that herb really has no relative risk for your health when used in moderation. I have been smoking on and off since college. I am a successful physician, and I know when to work hard and play hard. Alot of my fellow docs are happy herb smokers. They bust ass when they need to, and relax when they need to.

Use in moderation. Work towards your goals. IMHO alcohol is more detrimental to your health and well being than herb. Be smart... use in moderation. Anything in excess is usually bad. Luckily MJ is not physically addictive and really has no significant withdrawl effects, and is basically impossible to overdose on.

My motto is .... WORK HARD. PLAY HARD.

And above all, enjoy your life and work. :smokin:
Damn, we got a doctor in the house!

MarkOfCainBand said:
Anyone care to share their views on this, especially those who have what one might consider "the ideal life" (good, respectable job, kids, house, etc.). Has anyone ever found weed to be detrimental to what they have, or wanted?

I'm quite happy with my life (except that the percentage complete is a little further along than I'd prefer - if I got a vote:). For me, there's a place for responible use. I enjoy the good herb, particularly how it helps me interpret music, relax, become introspective, and enjoy the outdoors - among other things.

I'm concious of the distinction between use and abuse (speaking for myself only here). As long as I'm not avoiding any of life's responsibilities to enjoy my smoking time, I'm meeting my personal definition of reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom