Smoking Alone

stonerjesus

I've met hundreds of stoners in my life, and almost every single one of them has said they prefer to smoke with others, as opposed to smoking alone.

I'm just the opposite. Maybe it's because deep down I'm essentially a loner, but I prefer to smoke alone, just me and a fat bowl.

Most stoners I've known have thought that kind of weird. They like to get high and shoot the breeze with their homies, making each other laugh and even think about deep stuff every now and then. There are times when that's enjoyable to me, but mostly I like to blaze up, then work on my writing, which has always been a solitary task for me.

I'm sure many things contribute to my "loner" status. Even before I ever thought about smoking weed, I spent most of my time alone in my room, reading, playing video games, listening to music, or watching TV. I guess smoking alone is a natural extension of that.

If life has taught me one thing, it's that I don't play well with others. The number one descriptive word people would use for me is "asshole." I'm silent and laid back for the most part, but can be blunt, pardon the pun, when I'm pushed too far. Even when really high, I've been known to pop off at the mouth, letting my size (6'4, 270) back me up.

A psychiatrist would say that I have a need to control others, getting the upper hand on them before they have a chance to hurt me emotionally, a defense mechanism, if you will.

In layman's terms, it's known as "being a dick." But the bottom line is, people get on my nerves. People are bossy, annoying, pushy, and judgemental. These are things I prefer to avoid, especially when high.

How about you? Do you prefer smoking alone or with buds?

I've been smoking for 20 years now. I enjoy both.

Smoking with friends is always fun.
Smoking with new peeps is always a little strange/interesting.
Smoking by myself is meditating.

I do both and it depends a lot on the type of weed I smoke. A nice sativa gets me in the party mood but a heavy indica is for me and me alone for the most part. Stonerjesus, I understand where you are. Being different is just being different and at least you know what you like and own it. I'd just advise you to keep your mind open to whatever life throws at you. Might take some bump and bruises but no one gets out of this life without a few and if processed properly you will learn that you are stronger than you think. It will help your writing immensely.

I'm with Joe. But I don't smoke with to many strangers. Probable cause I live out in the boonies and everyone knows everyone.

I've met hundreds of stoners in my life, and almost every single one of them has said they prefer to smoke with others, as opposed to smoking alone.

I'm just the opposite. Maybe it's because deep down I'm essentially a loner, but I prefer to smoke alone, just me and a fat bowl.

ECT.
?

duuude that's like the same as me! but i've moved around a lot so i'm used to being left by people :/ but yea..
I agree with everything you said about the judgemental thing 'n stuff, and I just moved to canada so i'm surrounded by people who've never lived anywhere else and seeing american commercials sometimes saying "To Help America" n shit like that or "U.S. First" n shit because its like.. "Hey, Fuck the rest of the world" well.. :bravo: those fuckers...
Yea.. I just found that i had one of my bowls full but the top covered so i got all excited and smoked it :D i've been on planes multiple times a year for my life and i've never been stripped searched.. I came back alone from somewhere in Europe once and they searched my bag for shit but that's it, I don't look like a terrorist or some shit and airports make me feel small and confused so i look innocent :( or maybe eat a pot brownie (if i can get my hands on one) before.. but I'm leaving in a week..

But yea the point is, yes, personally i prefer smoking alone usually too.

There is nothing better than a big fat bowl and an empty house to let your creativity flow. I enjoy the solitude as it allows me to record music or write or whatever.

I do also enjoy a big fat bowl and some good friends. Seems like lately I've had to be a little more picky about the company we keep but the social value of the plant is great. Nothing better than shooting the shit and laughing and discussing any number of things.

i enjoy the solitude also, and as i live alone that makes it easy to do, if i feel like smokin with someone i generally go to their place.... my home is my palace of peace and the only one to disrupt that is my cat "bud".... :bongrip:

I usually smoke alone as well. But then again Im mostly sitting in my chair all day long wanting to go outside and hang out.

At least theres the internet. Cant stay cut off from the whole world.

I smoke alone a lot b/c the hubby doesn't. I don't mind it, but I'd love to be able to smoke with him. Usually during the day I'll smoke with friends. That's cook with me too. I'm good hanging with friends and having some good conversations or smoking a couple bowls alone and then getting some stuff done around the house or getting a good night sleep. :)

Being a professional Engineer, I have always been apprehensive about smoking with new people. Also, my wife more or less stopped when we started having kids - she started to get paranoid. So, as a daily medical user, I tend to smoke alone quite a bit. I don't mind getting buzzed with friends, but it's always fairly stressful when I "come out of the 420 closet" around someone new. Getting much better about it since I got my docs recommendation, but still have MANY friends and almost all co-workers that have no clue that I smoke.

:peace:

Being a professional Engineer, I have always been apprehensive about smoking with new people. Also, my wife more or less stopped when we started having kids - she started to get paranoid. So, as a daily medical user, I tend to smoke alone quite a bit. I don't mind getting buzzed with friends, but it's always fairly stressful when I "come out of the 420 closet" around someone new. Getting much better about it since I got my docs recommendation, but still have MANY friends and almost all co-workers that have no clue that I smoke.

Very few people know that I smoke at all. I think most people I know would be surprised... or actually, maybe not.... maybe they'd go "Ahhh, that explains some things" lmao I didn't start smoking until after I had kids though lol

All depends on how I'm feeling that day. It's always nice to smoke with friends, especially if they are matching. Most days i prefer to smoke alone, in the comfort of my own home, everything i could need at hand.

I am not a huge fan of smoking in larger groups. I don't mind smoking with a couple of mates if we make a session out of it. I spend a lot of time smoking with my brother (best mate.) I enjoy smoking just us 2.

I love smoking on my own though.

I also love smoking on my own while using the interwebz to smoke with :riskybusiness:

My outcome is as long as I am having a good time and having a nice high, I am happy smoking with whoever. :roorrip:

I like to smoke with people that are funny and make me laugh, the worst is smoking with people that are just complete dicks and have no fun. I like smoking alone too, get ripped and play some xbox or watch some tv.

To each his own!! Isn't the point to enjoy your "high"? If that means being alone then I don't see a problem with it.

While I prefer not to smoke alone most times, there are times when I have to and I still enjoy it.

lol. jamesgrem has the best idea, i'd say! same thing happens to me. used to anyway, when i actually had money and bud! i used to be the one smoking everyone else out... now i'm the broke loser. haha. although i usually do something... provide the ride or something like that (which doesn't sound like much but actually IS, since everyone is at least 15 miles away from me and i gotta somehow get a hold of my dad's truck and gas. remember, i have no job and my car's in the shop still.) fml.

Having been busted as a young man,I'm very careful about who I smoke with. Unless it's a relative or a long time friend,I tend to smoke alone.

Back
Top Bottom